iv discipined players for poor performances and sometimes it does give them a boot up the arse but if i have a player that keeps skipping training i just off-load him but it doesnt usually happen as i tend to buy determind players who work hard

I cant say iv ever disciplined someone for getting a red card

I have noticed an effect before. I had a DL who used to get red cards regularely, sometimes for kicking/punching etc. I tried an approach for the first time with just warning them, and it kept going on. Then I went to 2 week fines and after 2-3 occasions he pulled himself together and did not get any red cards (except maybe 2 yellow, which can happen).

could also have been age though.

either way it brings some money back to the club :)

I've never noticed a change in mentality because of a fine or warning, but it is essential in order to avoid "lack of manager discipline". In a Milan save on 8.0.0 I had Nordveidt (sp) and he got sent off 8 times in one season, I fined him 2 weeks wages every time, but he didn't seem to learn a thing :mad:

Unless the player is a complete git, he usually stops after a warning. If he does it again it'll either be another warning (if it's been a long time since his last missed training session or whatever) or a fine. Most of the time they deal with it. If they bitch you get to give them 2 week fines, meaning you keep a nice chunk of this wages. Bwahahaha!

Does disciplining players for dismissals and not training actually work?

i.e. Does it ever make them less likely to repeat the misdemeanor?

I see no evidence that it does.

Hit him hard and he may well buck his ideas up! But if not flog him!

I always issue a warning for dismissals, then a repeat offence is a fine of 1 weeks wages, then 2 for a further dismissal etc.

Never had someone be continually sent off anyway so I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

Or maybe it does and that's why there aren't many repeat offences.

Save his dismissal report as a note, then every time a player is sent off check his notes to see if he's done it before.

It does make a difference in that it stops other members of your squad from getting in a huff about not keeping on top of discipline.

Warning players most of the time they step out of line should do the trick for keeping the rest of the squad happy.

Archived