The Bootroom - Issue 4 - DEMO

It hasn't been announced when it will be out but since its normally a couple of weeks before the full game I would say last week of October - 1st November would be a reasonable guess.

I should perhaps state that the demo is normally 2 weeks before release but that is speculation and we have no more knowledge about it than anyone else.

The particular statement in question wasn't really meant to imply any particular date for the demo, but I realise it does read that way. What it was meant to imply is that we have not been able to see a working version of FM2009 and won't be able to until just before the release when the demo comes out. The time scales are nothing more than an educated guess on my part and should in no way be taken as gospel.

Apologies to all if the wording was misleading. Any similarity to any persons living or dead is entirely coincidental, your house may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments, and Bill Clinton absolutely did not...er, I think that about covers any disclaimers.

Pete

The Bootroom Editor

P.S. As the question is answered, I guess closing the thread would be in order!

I remember seeing that the demo comes out when the game enters manufacture. Before this can happen SEGA test the game for 72 hours, and seeing as the game has just entered that phase (according to the blogs), the demo may be out tommorow. *crosses fingers*

Someone said that last 3 versions demos came out 20-21 days before release. Is that true?

If so, it's very possible demo will come out this weekend..

I agree with the above , Next weekend sounds a better bet. I'll be happy as long as it's out before the 6th Nov as that's when i fly to oz to watch some rugby.

Archived