PDA

View Full Version : What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

bluebellsareblue
28-01-2009, 23:26
Judging by your location, that's a very biased post. Don't you think it's a bit ignorant to simply write off the leagues that aren't included in the game in the latest release? Your nation's league is in the game already and has several tiers, so you are able to manage within your home nation. Other's don't have that privilege and would like to manage in their nation's league.

By adding more leagues that would do the game no less then improve it since I fail to see how it could negatively impact the game's future sales. In fact, a fan would be more inclined to buy the game knowing he can manage a team in the nation that he is living in, even if it is an obscure league. I myself don't manage in England or Scotland, but mainly in Eastern Europe since that's the region that I am living in. It gives me joy to know that I can bounce around from a wealth of leagues and it only adds to my enjoyment that I get from playing the game. There is more to managing than just in the "top leagues". Perhaps you should take a look at the LLM and Challenge section of the forums and you can see that people get quite the enjoyment from managing outside the more dominant leagues. Don't forget the FM Stories section as well.

There is football outside of the UK and Europe and I'm sure you know that, just like there are nation's leagues that deserve to be represented within the game outside of the more well-known leagues.

You'd also be surprised at the local mods that people make for the game just so they can manage in their nation's league. Take a look at the Editor's Hideaway for example and you can see several threads where people inquire about making a league. Not too long ago I remember seeing someone post a database with the Canadian Soccer League and others.

Just to add to my point, I buy the FM series because of the fact that it includes my home nation's league, where as other competitors in the same genre do not. There are many people like myself and share the same view, and SI win us as customers, just for even including the league to give us the ability to manage within it, let alone the features of the game.

As they say, the more is always the better.

Oh and yes, I can name a team from each of the leagues I mentioned in a previous post. So I believe I meet the requirements to post in this thread. ;)

Your entitled to your opinion mate BUT facts seem to indicate otherwise.

There is another thread running today which is basically a poll asking 'Which league people are playing in their current savegame?'
Like all polls on here there are only 10 options to choose from, 8 options for England, 1 for Spain and 1 for others i.e. everywhere else in the world which isn't England or Spain.
What do you think the percentage voting others is?
Go on, have a guess.....
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2592987#post2592987

I've just voted and ONLY 28% of people come under others i.e. outside England & Spain.

Kinda makes this 8 page thread on which other even more obscure leagues to add look silly!!!

Unless of course you are asking for more English or Spanish leagues.

Jirki88
28-01-2009, 23:52
And what you seem to not realize is that the people who voted there are those hanging out in General Discussion... Make that poll in LLM and it'd look completely different, I'm sure.

bluebellsareblue
29-01-2009, 01:15
And what you seem to not realize is that the people who voted there are those hanging out in General Discussion... Make that poll in LLM and it'd look completely different, I'm sure.

Have you even looked at the thread I've posted the link too?

Depending on your definition of LLM:

There are three leagues in the poll which are 'non-league' AND I would count at least Div 2 (Old 4th Div) as LLM.

I make that just under half, assuming of course no-one who voted Spain was voting for Spain LLM.

Either way I think my original point holds true, the VAST majority of people playing FM2009 stick to the major European Leagues and the majority of them stick to England.

So an eight page game of 'Which really obscure league isn't already included, even though hardly anyone will play it, no-one has voluntered to do any research for it and most people couldn't even name two/three teams in the league they are requesting' thread kinda pointless tbh!!!!!

Jirki88
29-01-2009, 02:13
Have you even looked at the thread I've posted the link too?

Depending on your definition of LLM:

There are three leagues in the poll which are 'non-league' AND I would count at least Div 2 (Old 4th Div) as LLM.

I make that just under half, assuming of course no-one who voted Spain was voting for Spain LLM.

Either way I think my original point holds true, the VAST majority of people playing FM2009 stick to the major European Leagues and the majority of them stick to England.

So an eight page game of 'Which really obscure league isn't already included, even though hardly anyone will play it, no-one has voluntered to do any research for it and most people couldn't even name two/three teams in the league they are requesting' thread kinda pointless tbh!!!!!

LLM, however, is quite a bit more widespread than the lower english leagues.

Arkim
29-01-2009, 11:43
BlueBell, I think you are missing the point, mate.

You cannot narrow the FM users just down to the forums. There is a vast majority that play the game who do not come to the forums and so what happens to their opinion and votes? Do they not get included? Do they not count? The game is only played by those who are on the forums? Of course not.

Again, put yourself in a position of someone who doesn't play in the more well-known leagues. Also, refer to the point I made about the impact it would have on the game and its variety, as well as future potential sales. Something you should keep in mind.

I think you also need to put yourself in the spot of the developers and see what a process it is to make such a product. When you are in the business of such an industry (selling a product), you want to reach out to the most individuals, the biggest audience possible, because every sale counts, whether its in the UK or in South America, and that reason is non other than revenue.

Think of it like this even. If your home nation's league wasn't included, don't you think you'd like to see it in the game at some point so you could manage in it? On top of that, please do not accuse others of not knowing something as I've clearly said before, some of us do. Someone like myself with high interests in football more than just the average fan doesn't narrow down the sport to just two or three nations. I also don't think that everyone who posted with their league suggestions in this thread would appreciate being accused of not knowing anything, or contributing "pointless" posts.

As far as the volunteering goes, who said that we need to volunteer to research the leagues or just to even make a suggestion? We are fans of the game who want nothing more but for it to improve and expand on it's variety of leagues and would do so as long as we are capable of doing as such. I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work that is done by the researchers. As far as I can remember, I pay to play the game just like you and everybody else. Thought out suggestions and positive criticism improve the game's potential, however accusations of things do not.

Again, refer to the points I made in my previous post and you will see that what I'm stating is not an opinion, but rather reality if you think about it. You have not responded to my other points as well but rather just stretch the idea of polls and how it proves that this thread is pointless, which is simply not the case.

A variety in something new would never hurt the game, even if it's something you wouldn't use since you already have a fairly in-depth league pyramid for your home nation. Think of it as sharing the wealth, eh?

paulpaps
29-01-2009, 11:48
It's prob already been mentioned, but it'd be great if we could somehow see the return of the Japanese leagues! I know it's something like a licensing issue, but one day.....

Also, I've always thought of the Highland League being added!! I know you can't get promoted from it, but if you do well there, surely you could get a job in the Scottish 3rd division? Love to be able to go Clachnacuddin!

kkiroski2000
02-02-2009, 13:56
I mentioned earlier that I've started a petition to SI to make the Macedonian league playable and also I've created group on facebook. They are growing rapidly every day, what shows that Manager is very popular game in Macedonia.
But, if someone form SI reads this, I would like to ask: what Si needs to have from a country to make a league playable, what kind of information, about the player, stadiums, clubs etc? How are those things work?
Also I think that the license for the Macedonian league shouldn't be very expensive, so what can we, who are addictive from Manager, or what should we do, to help SI and make this happen!

facesinpatterns
02-02-2009, 20:39
Not sure if the Irainian League has been mentioned, but sure would like to see this league implemented in FM.

Jack Rudd
03-02-2009, 15:06
I mentioned earlier that I've started a petition to SI to make the Macedonian league playable and also I've created group on facebook. They are growing rapidly every day, what shows that Manager is very popular game in Macedonia.
But, if someone form SI reads this, I would like to ask: what Si needs to have from a country to make a league playable, what kind of information, about the player, stadiums, clubs etc? How are those things work?
Also I think that the license for the Macedonian league shouldn't be very expensive, so what can we, who are addictive from Manager, or what should we do, to help SI and make this happen!

My recommendation would be: gather up a whole bunch of people willing to be researchers for the Macedonian league: at least one for every club of the levels you want simulated in the game. If they're regularly putting in data of the quality SI are looking for, you've got much more chance of the league's being added.

Ruskij
03-02-2009, 15:34
Austria's lower leagues, now there are only 2 playable.

arsenal4life
03-02-2009, 16:36
Cayman Island Premier League
Uzbek Oliy League

kkiroski2000
03-02-2009, 17:44
My recommendation would be: gather up a whole bunch of people willing to be researchers for the Macedonian league: at least one for every club of the levels you want simulated in the game. If they're regularly putting in data of the quality SI are looking for, you've got much more chance of the league's being added.

I have contacts here in Macedonia, people that are ready to do the research, and already have data for every team that we want to be simulated in the game. I think that at least the first league should be playable. If SI Games want to add the Macedonian league, please let me know when can I start with the research and what do they need to know about the teams!:thup:

StanleyRovers
03-02-2009, 18:51
Very low level English leagues (imagine promoting a club about 6 or 7 times to get to the Prem :D)

And the San Marinese league would be cool

kkiroski2000
03-02-2009, 20:04
Can someone tell me how to contact SI Games??? I'm sending mails to contact@sigames.com, but they never send me some answer!:thdn:

rju52
06-02-2009, 13:35
My suggestion has to be UAE. They got the money, just imagine who you could buy. Also not sure, is there a league in the carribean. They would be fun to play with

Jack Rudd
06-02-2009, 18:42
There are several.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_Pro_League
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_National_Premier_League
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua_and_Barbuda_Premier_Division

...etc.

Frame
06-02-2009, 21:07
It is a bit stupid from a footballing perspective (although not marketing clearly) to have malaysia, singapore, hong kong etc represented when lets be honest, they're pathetic.

I don't think so. You don't have to have those leagues selected. And the leagues from Iceland, Finland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland to name a few aren't that great either.

MeLikeFM
06-02-2009, 21:16
the iriah league is by far better than the malaysian , singaporean and honk kongean leagues

that was a ridiculous comparision

anagain
06-02-2009, 22:14
I think people need to be more reasonable with their suggestions. The Iranian or Antiguan and Barbudan leagues are not really high profile enough for FM are they? As for San Marino?

The best suggestion, I feel, is Macedonia. If the research is half as good as kkiroski keeps suggesting then it could be the next addition. I don't think it will make it into FM any quicker than a further level of English football though.

I am sure that SI take pride in the level of detail they feature in FM. For that reason any league additions need to be researched to a very, very high level.

What I believe would be better than more league additions is for SI to add the ability for FM to be fully 'mod'able. That way they could give any player the chance to add any league they choose to, as well as any competition. Currently it is only possible to swap leagues.

That way it would down to the user to be able to add the Iranian, Barbudan or even Bhutanese leagues should they wish to.

kkiroski2000
06-02-2009, 23:40
Thanks for your support anagain! :thup:
You're right about adding the Macedonian league. But, as I said earlier, I don't have any feedback from SI Games about want they need to make some league playable. Over the past few days, since I've started my initiative, I've got feedback from couple of thousand people and it's getting more more popular every day. Here in Macedonia, people really love FM, and I think that we should be allowed to play with our favorite teams finally.
And yet again, I would like to ask somebody who knows to tell me, what SI needs. The guys from the forum for Macedonian football have started a forum for Football Manager, we've started with gathering information about teams, stadiums, players, history etc. It's not a problem because the Macedonian first football league have 12 teams and because we gained our independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, there are only 17 years played, so, it's not a problem to gather any information about our teams.

Hamilton-T
07-02-2009, 00:06
I would love to see the Macedonian and Seria D leagues.
I would love to make a Champions League team with some Macedonian club and i would love to start LLM career with some verry bad club from Italy.;)

PMLF
07-02-2009, 00:07
Bolivia
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Egypt
Paraguay
Qatar
UAE
USL (USA)
Venezuela

And Japan, if they sort out the licensing issues.

Alexander the Great
07-02-2009, 00:21
Macedonian league!!! Im bored of playing with leagues Ive never seen in live, I wanna play the league Im watchin in the stadiums in my city every week.

last few years there were patches for the Macedonian league and Ive played them. but the patch for 2009 is awful so Im not gonna even buy the game coz I dont wanna play Bundesliga, Serie A, Primera or EPL. :thdn:

its not so difficult to make a legaue that has only 12 teams! ;)

englandmanager
07-02-2009, 00:23
the lowest leagues in england so i can bring garforth town to the top!!!!!!!

also the antartican league so i can bring penguin utd to the top and stuff our rivals polar bear city

anagain
07-02-2009, 00:43
the lowest leagues in england so i can bring garforth town to the top!!!!!!!

also the antartican league so i can bring penguin utd to the top and stuff our rivals polar bear city

Everyone knows Polar Bear City play in the Greenlandic league. I think it's got something to do with polar bears being northern hemisphere naturalised. You know Antarctica being southern hemisphere and all.

englandmanager
07-02-2009, 00:44
Everyone knows Polar Bear City play in the Greenlandic league. I think it's got something to do with polar bears being northern hemisphere naturalised. You know Antarctica being southern hemisphere and all.

ok then the arctic league :P

Pauljs
07-02-2009, 00:44
Japan, Cuba & Somalian leagues for next game, thank you

anagain
07-02-2009, 00:55
Thanks for your support anagain! :thup:
You're right about adding the Macedonian league. But, as I said earlier, I don't have any feedback from SI Games about want they need to make some league playable. Over the past few days, since I've started my initiative, I've got feedback from couple of thousand people and it's getting more more popular every day. Here in Macedonia, people really love FM, and I think that we should be allowed to play with our favorite teams finally.
And yet again, I would like to ask somebody who knows to tell me, what SI needs. The guys from the forum for Macedonian football have started a forum for Football Manager, we've started with gathering information about teams, stadiums, players, history etc. It's not a problem because the Macedonian first football league have 12 teams and because we gained our independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, there are only 17 years played, so, it's not a problem to gather any information about our teams.

Well I'm not solely in support of any particular nation. I just believe that any well researched and interesting nation would be a bonus to FM.

I'd even go so far as to accept suggestions such as Caribbean or other remote leagues if the research could be fully trusted.

You're not going to hear anything from SI about the inclusion, or non-inclusion, of Macedonia either. I'm pretty sure they have their own contacts and if they decide to add Macedonia then they'll use their sources. Constant posts and petitions won't make it any more likely.

SI may have a number of leagues in the works, but I do believe they have said there likely will not be any additions to the league quota for a few years. Can't recall when they said that. Of course, if Champ Man go ahead and include more English leagues then SI will feel they have to follow suit.

Whether Champ Man will be including Macedonia, or any other leagues, any time soon is anybodys guess. I don't actually know what they have now.

anagain
07-02-2009, 00:59
Japan, Cuba & Somalian leagues for next game, thank you

The rights for the Japanese leagues are very guarded and almost totally inaccessible to any non-Japanese game maker, so I don't think you'll see them any time soon.

I think it's Konami that own the rights and they don't want to share or give them away.

I think you'll be waiting a long time for Somalia. Even their real life league is stop-start. :eek:

CaptainPlanet
12-02-2009, 10:03
I assume with CMs inclusion of the leagues below the BSS/BSN that FM will follow suit so as to not lose out?

kashmirshazad
12-02-2009, 11:06
Pakistani Football Federation would make things interesting in FM10!

And also:

Saudi Arabian leagues,
A 'Sunday league' type of an option in the UK, perhaps this culd be a different scenarion altogether (just a suggestion)
The thinking shuuld be that any nation who is in the top FIFA 30 or 50 should be considered...

scottish stallion
12-02-2009, 11:25
I think there is a good level of nations represented its more downs these leagues there should be more.

-Higland League in Scotland
-Lower Tiers in England would great, just think of having 8 or 9 leagues to work through in England
-Serie D in Italy would be good
- As would whatever is below the lowest playable spanish league
:thup:

moneyhero
12-02-2009, 12:23
J League id love to have another pop at that..common si make it happen

gent1
24-03-2009, 12:48
Been playing FM since it came out but never had chance to Manage Albanian tem( My country of origin) so i hope FM can do something about this.

Albanian

david22
24-03-2009, 13:02
Get the Italian and Spanish leagues working properly first!

Daddy Yankee
30-03-2009, 23:39
Add Bosnian and Ciprian (or however is right to write)

football_master_94
31-03-2009, 19:47
Montenegro Leagues, Serbian lower leagues, Serie D in Italy and Macedonian leagues

peter-evo
31-03-2009, 19:50
The three tiers below the BSN/S.

Would make Dafuge's challenge so much more enjoyable.

Slimstevie
06-04-2009, 16:23
Please can you include the Canadian Championship in the next edition of FM.

The professional clubs who play in it are Toronto FC, Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

Each team plays each other 2 times at home and 2 times away.

The season begins on 6 May untill 17 June.

The team who wins the Championship qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions League

likesiamesefish
06-04-2009, 16:32
I only want J-League back, really.

...when did they ever have it?

Adamw
06-04-2009, 16:42
Konami have the rights to the J-League, so FM are unlikely to get it soon.

For me, I'd like to see all of the European leagues up. Sometimes I give myself a challenge and so for a small national team like Andorra, but it is quite unhelpful when you can't monitor how some of your players are progressing because they are not playing any matches.

Also be great to expand on the English leagues as well, which then could see the introduction of the FA Vase in the game, and further qualifying rounds of the FA Cup.

tigerhgrrrrrr
06-04-2009, 16:52
Has been said many times but lower level English Leagues would be very popular - the LLM fascination should have hinted strongly at this but SI have said before that they do not plan to drop to managment at too low a level. Shame though.

DanGLiverpool
08-04-2009, 16:27
The FIFI World Cup would be a good idea, or at the very least have Gibraltar as a nation in the game. I am not worried about the league being playable, I would just love to actually manage Gibraltar, and one day stuff Spain for all the sh*t they did to stop us getting into UEFA :(

I understand research into players would be hard, although all (or a very high proportion) are c*ap, and wouldn't make it probably to BSN/S, perhaps the leagues below for some as backup's. But a list of the teams in the two leagues (and reserve league) would be easy to obtain. One thing would be that we don't do U15 teams as when most players get to 16, they usually play for reserve or first teams, so for U15 teams, they would be limited in players coming as regens, all would have to be 15, or ones that are 16 go to the reserves, but they do have a non-promotable/relegated league, with only some teams featuring in it, not all of them. Obviously I know it would never really happen that it would become playable, neither do I really hope or ask it to, because it would probably suck. One other thing would be that there is no money involved in the leagues, and players don't get paid wages (amateur), and fans can watch matches for free.

Other than that, probably the second tier in Wales, the Tercera division in Spain (due to it's difficulty level to get promoted)

Catenaccio83
08-04-2009, 18:08
Id love to see the Italian Serie D there is numerous leagues and various big teams there what are struggling like Messina,Spezia,Lucchese and Brindisi

likesiamesefish
08-04-2009, 18:12
If someone from Si games is reading this, I want to ask are they planing to make Macedonian League playable in the 2010 edition. I think that it's finally time SI to make that, because the game is very popular in Macedonia. Also, only Macedonian league is not playable from the Balkan leagues.
I didn't know where to put this thread, so, if this is not a place for that tell me!

I don't know where to ask. I send them mails constantly, but they never wrote me back to tell me. :(

awwwwww :-(

Norkey
08-04-2009, 18:45
Now FM09 has strong leagues all over the world. But we, consumers, are not all the same. Some of us like "banana" leagues, too. So what about adding leagues like Ethiopia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Palestine, Madagascar, or Georgia, Nepal and East Timor to the game? :) PLS!

greenwhitearmy
08-04-2009, 22:05
American Samoan Leagues :P

spurz123
09-04-2009, 14:07
English tier 7/8
Tier 7: Northern Premier League Premier Division (UniBond League Premier Division)22 clubs
Southern Football League Premier Division(British Gas Business Football League Premier Division)22 clubs
Isthmian League Premier Division(Ryman Football League Premier Division)22 clubs
Tier 8: Northern Premier League Division One North(UniBond League Division One North)21 clubs
Northern Premier League Division One South(UniBond League Division One South)20 clubs
Southern Football League Division One Midlands(British Gas Business Football League Division One Midlands)22 clubs
Southern Football League Division One South & West(British Gas Business Football League Division One South & West)22 clubs
Isthmian League Division One North(Ryman Football League Division One North)22 clubs
Isthmian League Division One South(Ryman Football League Division One South)22 clubs

Jay-Producer
09-04-2009, 15:08
Can we please have more Scottish leagues. We have the Blue Square so why not the Highland League and Central district league in Scotland.

Jay-Producer
09-04-2009, 15:11
Would love to see more English leagues added, but can't see it happening.

Why not im Scottish and love playing in the Blue Square South league to start with. Although id love to see some Junior Scottish leagues put in also. A lot of people on here would welcome lowever divisions in both England and Scotland.

Jay-Producer
09-04-2009, 15:14
No, but the new SFA Chief Exec wants it (and so do I)

Anyways, I would like to see

Scottish Highland League

I agree also, id love to see the Highland League and also the SFA introduce a relegation for Div 3 because some Highland League clubs and District league clubs would hammer some of the Div 3 teams. Its been proven before.

Millie
09-04-2009, 16:27
Can we please have more Scottish leagues. We have the Blue Square so why not the Highland League and Central district league in Scotland.

Because, no disrespect intended, the Blue Square divisions are a lot stronger than the Highlsand and Central District League. That, and you can't be promoted from them, which may cause issues.

Why not im Scottish and love playing in the Blue Square South league to start with. Although id love to see some Junior Scottish leagues put in also. A lot of people on here would welcome lowever divisions in both England and Scotland.

Lower divisions than the Blue Square are very, very difficult to scout and to code. The players are amateur, making them very poor. With the current 1-20 system would there be any differentiation between player qulaity? That, and the massive turnover of players at that level make it very, very difficult to accurately model.

Plus, if you model the Isthmian etc., you then need to scout and have enough players at the level BELOW that in order to ensure promotion/relegation works properly. That's an even bigger nightmare than doing the 7th tier in the first place.

It would be nice to do. But I think it would be very, very difficult to do and require an awful lot of scouting.

Which is the other reason why I think the Highland League will not be forthcoming in the near future.

FlyMyPrettiesFly
11-04-2009, 17:45
A long shot but why not the Dutch Hoofdklasse?

Six seperate divisions, split into Saturday and Sunday leagues - winner plays for the title of best Ameatur club.

Another one - the German regional leagues.

Munchkin
12-04-2009, 15:22
step 6 kent league c'mon erith and belvedere lol

Daddy Yankee
12-04-2009, 23:00
If someone from Si games is reading this, I want to ask are they planing to make Macedonian League playable in the 2010 edition. I think that it's finally time SI to make that, because the game is very popular in Macedonia. Also, only Macedonian league is not playable from the Balkan leagues.
I didn't know where to put this thread, so, if this is not a place for that tell me!

Unplayable Balkan leagues are Bosnian, Montenegrin and Macedonian (not just Macedonian) and it would be nice to see them all on FM10 or FM11. :)

American Samoan Leagues :P

:cool:

Id love to see the Italian Serie D there is numerous leagues and various big teams there what are struggling like Messina,Spezia,Lucchese and Brindisi

Fully agree. This is "must have" for FM10.

;)

leedsfan88
30-05-2009, 00:49
Irish third tier its made up of the premier teams reserves and 4 other clubs the winner gets the chance to play the team bottom of the 2nd tier for promotion

Beware
30-05-2009, 01:57
I would love to see the USL leagues get in, or at the very least USL D1. I can honestly say there would be many researchers ready to go if it was, including myself. In fact, some of the teams in the USL get higher attendances than many League 1 sides (My beloved Portland Timbers had an average of 8,567 fans a game last season, which would put them above Southend, Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Colchester etc... and Montreal got even higher).

There is no lack of researchers here, I know many who love this game and would research for it. Just thought I'd make clear that the lack of researchers point is dead wrong.

Other leagues I would love to see added would be the J-League and Serie D.

Leo751751
30-05-2009, 20:31
All I want is being able to be create leagues yourself in the editor.

SCIAG
07-06-2009, 11:43
With the restructuring of the Peruvian second division, the Peruvian Second Division should be added. All the teams are in, most have a full squad. As long as it isn't Ter who codes it ;)

(Ter broke something last time he added a league iirc)

Niall Clarke
07-06-2009, 11:45
Irish A Championship.

luket86
07-06-2009, 12:23
i would love to see the wolverhampton sunday league in fm 10

charlo116
07-06-2009, 12:26
More Asian leagues PLEASE!!!

rancer890
08-06-2009, 01:22
More Asian leagues PLEASE!!!

New Asian Champions League Format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Champions_League#Current_Regulations)

Currently the only leagues available in the game, with ACL ranking in brackets are South Korea (2nd), China (3rd), Australia (6th), Indonesia (8th), Singapore (11th), India (13th), Malaysia (18th), and Hong Kong (19th). There is only one playable league in West Asia. Saudi (4th) and UAE (5th) leagues please!!! :D

And of course my usual suggestion of the United Soccer League, even more now due to 2 unplayable teams in the 3 team Canadian Championship. In the 2008-2009 CONCACAF Champions League, one MLS team (Houston) made it to the final 8, while two USL clubs (Montreal Impact and Puerto Rico Islanders) advanced to that stage, and Puerto Rico actually went to the Semi Finals. It's easier to code than MLS.

joeyb
08-06-2009, 01:38
New Zealand league would be good.

Danielos
08-06-2009, 05:33
I don´t think the game needs more leagues and players. I think SI instead should prioritize to optimize the game so that users will be able to have more of the leagues included active at the same time...

docklanders
09-06-2009, 19:46
Isle Of Man

silva_gunner
09-06-2009, 21:15
Balkans, Asia, African (particularly African) please.

tigerhgrrrrrr
19-07-2009, 10:19
CM10 will have tier 7 management options :-) (ie you can manage in Nth Prem, Sthn Prem, Rymans Prem)- and that includes FC United! SI seemed to think this lower level was undesirable to "Managers" - Nuff said!

lee50_11
19-07-2009, 11:15
i would love to manage that low hope they get it right however i don't think i'll be buying CM anyway

tigerhgrrrrrr
19-07-2009, 11:34
i would love to manage that low hope they get it right however i don't think i'll be buying CM anyway

Yes, my point was solely about how lower levels would be of interest (rather than the Mongolian Prem Lge or similar) and how another games manufacturer has realised this and reacted appropriately. This thread shouldnt go down the "CM10 v FM10 - whos best?" route!

lee50_11
19-07-2009, 11:39
yeah i understand i think it is of interested to alot of people but i don't think it will be included in FM10

Cougar2010
19-07-2009, 11:56
Yes, my point was solely about how lower levels would be of interest (rather than the Mongolian Prem Lge or similar) and how another games manufacturer has realised this and reacted appropriately. This thread shouldnt go down the "CM10 v FM10 - whos best?" route!

You do realise that SI sell FM in other countries and not just England right?

You also have to realise that to incorporate the 7th tier then the 8th tier has to be accurately scouted and included. That means including a lot more part time clubs where data is more difficult to gather and more likely to change on a frequent basis.

Wayne\'o
19-07-2009, 11:58
personaly i think they should ban low levels lo. it just takes up space in the data base. ;)

DanGLiverpool
19-07-2009, 12:32
The main reason the 7th tier hasn't been added is mainly due to the fact that they haven't got the necessary research levels right now.

I reckon that CM's 7th tier research is going to be rubbish IMO.

Blanchflower1
19-07-2009, 12:48
The main reason the 7th tier hasn't been added is mainly due to the fact that they haven't got the necessary research levels right now.

I reckon that CM's 7th tier research is going to be rubbish IMO.

I agree with you here. But it would be nice to see SI implementing this in FM 2010.

DanGLiverpool
19-07-2009, 12:54
It would be nice, but unfortunately it is not entirely possible.

Heck, it would be amazing to have a game where you could play in any league you wanted, obviously though that could never happen :(

tigerhgrrrrrr
19-07-2009, 13:11
You do realise that SI sell FM in other countries and not just England right?

You also have to realise that to incorporate the 7th tier then the 8th tier has to be accurately scouted and included. That means including a lot more part time clubs where data is more difficult to gather and more likely to change on a frequent basis.

And you do realise that abroad aspiration is for the very top leagues? so a large percentage would prefer the top European top leagues over their own national league. Then it comes down to which is desired most: tier 7 England or ANOther new country's Leagues? I suspect not the latter. About the data base beng overloaded, that is a good point but back to the OP - if its in CM10 (and if it is good) then why not FM10? And I would question just how accurate scouting need be at lower levels anyway.

LeoVieira
19-07-2009, 14:06
They don't even have brazilian serie C though.:thdn:

ChipK
19-07-2009, 15:29
Until they get Serie A and La Liga (and other top leagues that FM players actually play) working without serious bugs, they shouldn't concentrate on these leagues. How many would play a tier 7 club anyway? Very few is my guess, but I don't see a problem with adding these leagues once everything else is OK.

DanGLiverpool
19-07-2009, 15:32
Actually there would be a lot more than you think. You have all the llm'ers who would probably love the extra tier to play in, the various challenges in the CSE forum, the people who support a team in those leagues, or even in the leagues directly below it as they can promote up to playable leagues, and also just the people who are intrigued and interested, and play those leagues.

small Mac
19-07-2009, 15:41

Surey it can't be worse than say the Belarussian second division? I reckon the research capabilities are in place, but SI just don't want to commit more time to coding more leagues.

DanGLiverpool
19-07-2009, 15:45
Well it might be that, but FM has always mainly been about accurate research, and if the research is there, and is felt that it is sufficient enough, a league will go in.

Also the league structure is similar to BSS/N isn't it?

Matthew Le God
19-07-2009, 15:46
Championship Manager are still struggling getting enough researchers for higher English tiers. It will be a struggle for them to go down to the 7th tier and be even remotely accurate. FM's research team is huge in comparison and would find it hard to do 7th tier but I think it may one day.

michaeltmurrayuk
19-07-2009, 15:51
If you look in the Data Issues forum you'll see that nearly all the Tier 7 teams need a researcher (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54420) (as do a fair few BSN/S teams) - so until there are more researchers the chance of Tier 7 being added is slim.

DanGLiverpool
19-07-2009, 15:55
Would be nice to play tier 7, because then there would be more teams available to take to glory.

tigerhgrrrrrr
19-07-2009, 16:39
Actually there would be a lot more than you think. You have all the llm'ers who would probably love the extra tier to play in, the various challenges in the CSE forum, the people who support a team in those leagues, or even in the leagues directly below it as they can promote up to playable leagues, and also just the people who are intrigued and interested, and play those leagues.

ChipK suggests there are major bugs in the major leagues that need fixing more urgently - I cannot comment on that but if right it is a fair point, BUT the reason I support the inclusion of tier 7 and indeed lower tiers is that it will help the game become more local, less "FIFA Glory Boys" orientated which Im sure the forum would generally support - who knows, it could lead to gamers playing as their local team then being tempted to go to watch that team if they are on their doorstep. In CM/FM I have usually grown a soft spot for a team I have played as even if I have no prior "connection" to that club. Think of it as SI's contribution to support of base level teams, which they are champions for (eg AFC Wimbledon). I still think that accuracy of scouting could be waived a little at the lower levels (more randomly generated data) , probably only one man and his dog would seriously disagree with the individual 1-20 ratings for a team that attracts average gates of 600 or less spectators anyway.

(And dont underestimate the following for the LLM challenges, though a bit too heavy for my sensibilities!)

...except it seems it is just BSG/CM10 that has taken the plunge on this occaision - shame.

peter-evo
19-07-2009, 17:03
Imagine how difficult Dafuge's challenge would be! I'd love it to be part of FM2010/2011/2012.

jld123
19-07-2009, 17:13
I don't think it's worth the extra work to be honest.

Think that if you do implement tier 7 with the same amount of detail as the other tiers then information on tier 8 would be needed for promotions to tier 7. There are a lot of leagues in tier 8, so it's unfeasible to do it with FM's high standards.

earmack
19-07-2009, 17:24
How would a bottom tier teams players be rated? 1's for everything?

edit: I feel it would add nothing. So you cna manage even more obscure rubbish teams if you want? There would be no difference managing a team at the bottom level to League two. Same as it is now.

Kenco
19-07-2009, 17:28
I say they should cut off anything below league 2 and concentrate more on the Worldwide view, as Conference down is all non-league anyway.

Cysne
19-07-2009, 17:43
It would be funny the local team you play for turning up on the game, :x

tigerhgrrrrrr
19-07-2009, 17:56
It would be funny the local team you play for turning up on the game, :x

Yeah under a false name you could offer Research for your own team to SI, they may then incorporate those stats, then when the League teams that use FM as a "Scouting Tool" (and some do you know) find your details they may come knockin at your door!

Interesting......

Cysne
19-07-2009, 18:16
Ha, that would be very interesting, they are looking for Goole Town Researchers too..

atonement
19-07-2009, 18:22
i wonder if fm have a bigger target audience of llamas than of people wanting to play obscure nations top tier leagues?

ChipK
19-07-2009, 18:26
ChipK suggests there are major bugs in the major leagues that need fixing more urgently - I cannot comment on that but if right it is a fair point, BUT the reason I support the inclusion of tier 7 and indeed lower tiers is that it will help the game become more local, less "FIFA Glory Boys" orientated which Im sure the forum would generally support - who knows, it could lead to gamers playing as their local team then being tempted to go to watch that team if they are on their doorstep. In CM/FM I have usually grown a soft spot for a team I have played as even if I have no prior "connection" to that club. Think of it as SI's contribution to support of base level teams, which they are champions for (eg AFC Wimbledon). I still think that accuracy of scouting could be waived a little at the lower levels (more randomly generated data) , probably only one man and his dog would seriously disagree with the individual 1-20 ratings for a team that attracts average gates of 600 or less spectators anyway.

(And dont underestimate the following for the LLM challenges, though a bit too heavy for my sensibilities!)

...except it seems it is just BSG/CM10 that has taken the plunge on this occaision - shame.

Yes, as long as there are bugs in the major leagues (co-owning in Italy and, B-Teams in La liga, maybe other bugs in other leagues as well) I don't think they should be using resources on tier 7 or 8 in England.
By stating that you want FM to be more local and should therefore include tier 7\8 clubs so that FM players start watching and playing their local team you assume that most FM players are English. I don't know the numbers, but I know that FM is very popular in many countries, and since we already have 6 playable tiers in England I feel SI should prioritize other nations/leagues not in the game yet. Since I usually play a top tier team in England, Norway, Spain or Italy I don't really care what leagues SI add, it just seems fair that they should add missing top tier leagues before they add more tiers in England.
However, my main point is that SI should fix the major leagues before they add more minor leagues.

Colorado
19-07-2009, 19:21
FM's priority has to be Africa rather than any additional leagues in England.

SCIAG
19-07-2009, 19:40
FM's priority has to be Africa rather than any additional leagues in England.
And South America. They only have one tier for Peru. Adding that, and say, the Ecuadorian leagues and the Egyptian leagues, would add much more to the gaming experience than a 7th tier of English football. We already have more English leagues than anywhere else by far.

CM's quality of research is bad and won't be any better- in fact, I'd argue that this year's will be much worse.

silva_gunner
19-07-2009, 20:12
Nah. ATM i would prefer to see more leagues from Africa Asia and S America, as they are currently lacking. I would aslo like to see some former Yugoslav leagues first. i feelthese would add more to the game. (more leagues producing good players etc.)

Serdar
19-07-2009, 20:20
Considering how much popular FM in UK and how important are the UK sales for SI, I wont be suprised even if they add local pub teams of London at some point. Also adding these teams kinda brakes the scale of attributes, not to mention how to do a fair research for them.

However for me; England already has enough(maybe more than enough) low leagues whereas countries like Spain and Italy does not even have proper 3.tier teams.

DanGLiverpool
19-07-2009, 20:33
Well, there are 160 teams playable in the start of the game in England, whereas their are only 122 in Spain, but 132 in Italy.

I would like the Tercera Division added to Spain as it is a very hard to league to promote out of, but their are 18 sub-divisions in the Tercera (regional division), which would mean another 364 teams would be playable.

I imagine that of 364 teams, quite a few are needing research, as that is a lot of teams.

silva_gunner
20-07-2009, 11:58
HAving another 364 teams would be a logistical nightmare. And you then have to do another level of italian and english football for fairness' sake, so you could end up with another 1000 teams to research and code.

az09456
20-07-2009, 12:04
I think American NCAA would be very fun, especially because you would be getting new players and losing old ones every year.

nni
20-07-2009, 12:05
Liga intercalar for Portugal :rolleyes:

Jarmel
20-07-2009, 12:10
I'd like a 7 tier World Super league

arsenal fan 123
20-07-2009, 13:05
pakistan league :D
and im not being racist in any way
and i have a pakistani background through my great grand parents :)

HardcoreGR
24-07-2009, 12:39
- Cyprus
- Greek League: 3rd Division

It's a MUST! These are professional leagues and they SHOULD be added!

Valonz
24-07-2009, 12:41
Albania
Japan
Kosovo :D

DanGLiverpool
24-07-2009, 12:50
Ivory Coast league.

After all it is the highest ranked nation in Fifa without a league playable in FM.

green angel94
29-07-2009, 15:13
- Greek League: 3rd Division
- Cyprus
you have to add greece 3rd division and cyprus who had a team in champions league(anorthosis)!!!:)

Elrithral
29-07-2009, 15:15
Egypt would be nice.

Daniel Mabbott
29-07-2009, 15:31
I personally don't want any leagues added for the next 3-4 FM games.

Why? Mainly because i'd rather manage a BSN team or above and have awesome features for it, then introduce the new leagues.

And maybe the new leagues could be a last gasp effort for SI when they cannot better the previous FM they made?

Frank16
08-08-2009, 14:04
Cyprus and Greek 3rd Division should be added !!!

Elrithral
08-08-2009, 14:06
Georgia...

Wazaflo21
08-08-2009, 14:38
Definitely Ivory Coast, USL, and if possible I think the NCAA would be extremely fun and different to manage. It would also not take too many researchers since the players come and go every year, so they could just make all the players regens...

SucksAtFM
08-08-2009, 15:01
USL, Qatar, Saudi Arabia. I really do not think that the English leagues need to have any more tiers. I think it's more important to expand the amount of worldwide leagues. It shocking really that there is only 1 African league in the game.

aemud
08-08-2009, 16:45
Is the implementation of newer nations and leagues dependent on researchers exclusively?

Martin_
08-08-2009, 16:50
Africa definitely needs sorting out, all the other continents are pretty well catered for. It would be a truly global game if Africa gets more leagues, particularly Egypt. North America could do with padding out too although we do have the two big leagues there. I don't think Oceania has any professional leagues or even any professional teams so there probably wouldn't be that much point in the short term.

Extra British and Irish leagues are always welcome because there are hundreds of people on the forum who play LLM style or do dafuge's challenge, and people are always looking for a new challenge in their own country. Wales needs at least a second tier, the Scottish Senior Leagues seem to be in demand, and extra levels in England are always going to be welcome because they represent the ultimate challenge for some people.

At the end of the day though, I think I'd be happy with just a couple of new leagues, anywhere. Its been a long time since any were added to the game.

vican
08-08-2009, 17:03
Seriea A of course, Milan forever!

arsenal fan 123
10-08-2009, 01:20
Enlish local teams :)
Very local to world class :D

juve_curr
10-08-2009, 03:12
Irish A Championship.
Italian Serie D.
Egyptian.

Legionaire
10-08-2009, 05:04
No one really cares how accurate the data is in the lower leagues, as long as we have name, DOB and position(which can be found on their website), it's ok to play.
In fact, fifamanager include many leagues which they know nothing but club names, and they still make it playable

joshpea4
10-08-2009, 06:00
Australian state leagues!

silva_gunner
10-08-2009, 07:52
No one really cares how accurate the data is in the lower leagues, as long as we have name, DOB and position(which can be found on their website), it's ok to play.
In fact, fifamanager include many leagues which they know nothing but club names, and they still make it playable

That may well be your view, but that still requires people to go out and collect the data. It would be fine for people who don't know the team, but if you support them, and your star player is sh*te in the game, then you would be annoyed. THe thing which sets FM apart is the quality of the database, lets not compromise it.

erik86
10-08-2009, 08:30
Reading Sunday league!

Romanista.
10-08-2009, 09:22
in england until the blue square premier is more than enough. starting in the BSN/BSS is not really a challenge as people think because no matter who you chose you can easily promote BSP.

i would love to play serie D, definitely the best league to add in the near future .

Legionaire
10-08-2009, 10:19
That may well be your view, but that still requires people to go out and collect the data. It would be fine for people who don't know the team, but if you support them, and your star player is sh*te in the game, then you would be annoyed. THe thing which sets FM apart is the quality of the database, lets not compromise it.

Then they can add an option to enable "partially reseached league", and tells the players that data accuracy are not guaranteed for these league.

Also, in the current database, most teams in the highest unplayable leagues of many countries have full roster and fixed attribute, so I think they are accurate enough

aemud
16-08-2009, 18:41
I guess now the title should read "What leagues would we like from the fellows of the hard-working editing department".

I'm curious, though, which will be now the most requested league, since virtually any can be easily implemented, what will be the interest in obscure leagues and how fast they'll appear; and also if the users themselves will undertake for their own games this editing, since for most lower leagues, it's just a matter of creating the competition with the rules and just adding the almost researched teams or will rely on another guy to be fixing them up with the research and competition :D

Fabio MVP
16-08-2009, 19:01
I'd love to see Bosnian league.

phnompenhandy
17-08-2009, 05:00
You want Bosnia - you got it! All our prayers answered. I'd always argued the way to please everyone is to let us edit in the leagues we want. The BEST development in FM in years!!!!!

Herter
23-09-2009, 21:10
The faroese league but that will never happen http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well it happened, bro ;)

Herter
23-09-2009, 21:11
You want Bosnia - you got it! All our prayers answered. I'd always argued the way to please everyone is to let us edit in the leagues we want. The BEST development in FM in years!!!!!

Totally agree.. best feature ever.. :)

terpentin
23-09-2009, 22:32
Like to have a cool crowd system for the 3d match.....

GMO
23-09-2009, 22:58
USL (a feeder league to MLS)

Blanchflower1
13-10-2009, 10:25
Well, in the future, we will definitely see ALL the leagues of the world being included to make the game more realistic!! It would probably happen in FM 2025 though when PCs are as powerful as the supercomputers of today!!

Faroe Islands Coach
13-10-2009, 11:30
I think it’s just me but am sick of the same leagues, I never manage in England or any of the top countries ie Spain, Italy, so am glad SI has decided to add this editor as without it FM10 is just a snazzy update with a few new features.

Leagues I want Andorra, New Zealand, Wales but with more than 1 division, more French amateur leagues and playable to.

wandsfan93
14-10-2009, 12:35
Right, well I'm going ot try to create American Samoa properly (not just a league swa like FM08 which I later worked on in a sort of collaberation with greenwhitearmy), all levels down to Kent League (chance to manage Cray Wanderers and Corinthian, maybe lower so I can manage Orpington), and then work to create a sort of non-FIFA database within the game including all NF Board memebers (including Sealand and the Vatican :D) and Gibraltar and then the accompanying tournaments, the anual VIVA World Cup, the FIFI World Cup every 4 years, etc.

Ritari
14-10-2009, 12:45
Without the J-League FM will always be an unrealistic representation of the world of football.

Adnan13
11-10-2014, 08:20
I know this thread is old but i struggle to find a more modern thread. I would absolutely love if FM had the official Moroccan leagues (Botola league 1 & 2). Btw this is my first Post.

Fabio MVP
11-10-2014, 09:17
Top Bosnian league. :D

stornyboy80
12-10-2014, 20:52
Thailand and American College divisions would be immense

Felizao
14-10-2014, 10:11
Has to be the J-League, somehow.

TheGull8559
14-10-2014, 22:03
More English leagues, playing below the Conference south/north would be something i'd love to do in FM without using mods.

Lawlore
14-10-2014, 23:31
Has to be the J-League, somehow.

"Somehow" is the right word. But it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon (http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/KNM.L--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy).

Colorado
15-10-2014, 06:43
Isn't this thread somewhat irrelevent? I'm not saying there's anything wrong in discussing what leagues we would like to see added but SI seemingly moved away from making changes to the list of officially playable leagues quite some time ago.

Given the introduction of a new editor a few years back, their thinking is that the community itself will drive and cover demand for additional leagues etc.

Quite how SI settled on what now appears to be the fixed set of playable leagues would be interesting as there are some strange inclusions/omissions in there but as far as adding new leagues, I think that ship has sailed.

fabioke
15-10-2014, 07:37
More English leagues, playing below the Conference south/north would be something i'd love to do in FM without using mods.

Same here, my favorite English lower league mod makers have decided to stop updating for FM 2015.

For me it makes the experience more realistic I want a realistic entry point in the world of management. I'm Belgian/Italian btw so it's not due to favoritism, but I see that there are quite a few good researchers for those leagues.

It would breed some new life into the Dafuge challenge as well.

julmic
22-10-2014, 13:43
egypt, marocco, algeria, tunisia, cameroon, ivory coast, japan, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia.

IOA
23-10-2014, 14:42
Not sure if it's been posted already on here or not but I remember another Forumer posting something about Regional Divisions (England) being in FM15 this year, as he/she had seen that option from the FM15 Features Video...

I've just checked the video and he isn't wrong...

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1120x700q90/910/W1T6Ey.png

Anyone else excited by this?

MyNameIsJohn
23-10-2014, 15:20
Isn't that a drop down to add your favourite club? Putting two and two together and getting five imho...

hluraven
23-10-2014, 15:22
It's probably just a screenshot from a file that was testing the editor. Doesn't prove anything for the real game, but someone will create the same pretty quickly in the editor forum.

IOA
23-10-2014, 15:24
Isn't that a drop down to add your favourite club? Putting two and two together and getting five imho...

Ok, I feel stupid now.

Chinook2000
23-10-2014, 16:55
European, Southern Hemisphere international and Club Rugby Union leagues.
I think SI could branch out into other sports with large supporter bases.

El Presidente
23-10-2014, 17:01
When was the last time a league or division was added?

I think I may well put some effort into making every league in every country available even at a basic level with the editor.

Chinook2000
23-10-2014, 17:11
I believe SI has to think about the interest a new League would bring and how easy it could be honestly researched. I'm not sure if they would send a researcher out to the Somalian Premier League.
Egypt I'd have thought would have been the one but how many would buy due to it being included?
Africa has a few leagues but how many can afford the devices and Game every year?
Iran, Saudi Arabia and other Middle East Leagues appear to be quite strong and have a reasonable wealthy populace with ''time on their hand's'' but could sales be made there?
I hardly noticed most of the added leagues(how long has Belarus been there?) and the ones I did had a novelty value of about a week and haven't made me wish to buy FM any more.
Afr

Blake_Porter
23-10-2014, 17:44
Africa is seriously under represented. Would be nice to see more African countries included. Nigeria, Cameron, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Angola, DR Congo jump to mind.

As for Europe, Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Estonia would be nice.

I see no reason why South America shouldn't be fully active.

MtyBtyBncy
23-10-2014, 19:53
I was Quite disappointed after seeing that the Scottish Highland and Lowland Leagues were not included. There is now promotion between them (after playoffs) and the Second Division.

damianhucker
23-10-2014, 19:56
every season i have to manually go into the editor if i want to play as my local team, adding various leagues using the national rules, but what bothers me is that i also have to create the league i want to play in (Central Midlands league) and the division directly above (East Midland counties league) as they are not even included in the database despite other leagues of the same level being included. around half of the clubs are already in but unfortunately not the club i like to manage (Clifton All Whites).
The annoying part is that it then screws with the FA cup which is more difficult to sort out. In all honesty the FA cup has too few qualifying rounds anyway.

IOA
23-10-2014, 19:59
For those that have BETA, I take it there isn't any new English leagues?