View Full Version : What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Jonfun1980
10-09-2008, 10:57
I also would love the Cyprus league.

Ter
10-09-2008, 11:26
the Scottish League has been dead for 40 years

The same Scottish League that provided last year's UEFA Cup Finalists ;)

LutonNil
10-09-2008, 11:31
The same Scottish League that provided last year's UEFA Cup Finalists ;)

A better argument would be if you had said Winners Ter ;) :D

Thank god for the away goals rule eh? :D

Nomis07
10-09-2008, 11:34
Thank god (or possibly SI :D) for edt files. If you use one of these and get rid of the old firm then the SPL becomes very competitive I think.

In my game, the old firm have went into freefall in recent years and Hearts have become the main force in Scotland. Rangers flirted with relegation between 2015 and 2018, but seem to have got their act together and it's now Celtic who are sat in 10th place :D Gotta love that.

Kardesleric
10-09-2008, 12:16
well please i want to play cyprus league in NEW FOOTBALL MANAGER 09 Cypriot teams are doing very good in last 4-5 years this year we have qualified for Champions League Anorthosis Famagusta went to Champions League this year and Apoel Nicosia also Omonoia knocked out AEK Athens and Red Star Belgrade while Cyprus league is better than and have more points than many other leagues in Europe i dont know whats the reason to not see Cypriot League in Football Manager 09 i am waiting for Cyprus League for long years now Football Manager without Cyprus League makes me kind of "SAD" because i cant play with my team i support well i think that we deserve to see Cyprus League in Football Manager after what Cyprus teams have achieved in Europe :)

Welsh Premier\'s Finest
10-09-2008, 12:52
Gotta say it makes me more than pleased to see so many people on this thread asking for the next tier of welsh football.

We have been asking for the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League one for years.

However, from 2010 the Premier League will also split into 2 tiers, so as it stands....

Worst case scenario - 1 tier no change
Probable Scenarion - 1 tier changing to 2 tiers in 2010
Best Case - 2 tiers from start (inc. CA and WL1), extending to 3 tiers in 2010

ManUtdCCFC
10-09-2008, 14:22
LEAGUES where u can just manage the under 21s with more indepth leagues!!!

Eborg
10-09-2008, 14:34
I'm glad to see so much people asking for the Bosnian league... :)

The Bosnian research team has been doing a lot of work recently and our database has been growing each year.We are going to work even harder to bring the quality of Bosnian research even higher so every feedback/info is welcome...

Until then,check out the guys at www.fmbosnia.com where you can try a fan-made Bosnian league.Those guys over there really did their job nicely... ;)

Carl_272
10-09-2008, 14:35
I'd like to see Malta and Egypt in a new FM game.

oh and Cyprus.

chillbill
10-09-2008, 17:41
New Zealand so I can complete my mission of winning every continental competition in one game. Although it takes bloody ages. I've only ever got as far as two

tdc5013
12-09-2008, 08:13
Are we going to be seeing more lower leagues in the game in 09? Like the Unibond leages, etc? Judging from Sigames' love of grassroots football, and alot of players love of taking small teams to the big time, I think it would be a pretty good idea.

smithers08
12-09-2008, 08:32
I very much doubt it.

Themistofelis
12-09-2008, 08:48
I am too looking forward for Peruvian conference

trekman
12-09-2008, 10:54
I'd like the J league back but I think the chances of that happening is less than zero.

Romanista.
12-09-2008, 13:34
asia:
japan
iran
saudi arabia
(teams that usually make it to the world cup and make good players unlike uae and qatar that some of you want???)

africa:
egypt

i think these 4 leagues should be the top priority.

javier_83
12-09-2008, 13:58
Costa Rican League

i also support that more leagues of concacaf :)

Ninjamark
23-09-2008, 15:06
Gotta say it makes me more than pleased to see so many people on this thread asking for the next tier of welsh football.

We have been asking for the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League one for years.

However, from 2010 the Premier League will also split into 2 tiers, so as it stands....

Worst case scenario - 1 tier no change
Probable Scenarion - 1 tier changing to 2 tiers in 2010
Best Case - 2 tiers from start (inc. CA and WL1), extending to 3 tiers in 2010

Another vote here for an additional tier to the Welsh League Set up.

Also San Marino's domestic set-up too, it would make the San Marino Challenge a little more accurate, especially player development with players who aren't playing in Italy.

Ter
23-09-2008, 15:21
Also San Marino's domestic set-up too, it would make the San Marino Challenge a little more accurate, especially player development with players who aren't playing in Italy.

I've actually looked into the San Marino league structure and it seems like it's a bit complicated.

15 teams split into two sections of 8 and 7. They play teams in their section twice and teams in the other section once.

Then the top 3 in each section go into a play-off system to determine the winner.

All the matches are played at various stadiums in the country over two match days each week.

Would be great though! :D

Fredric Drum
23-09-2008, 15:58
I want to see

Greenland Division 1-4
Antarctica Pro-League
Filipino Premier League

Cikku
23-09-2008, 19:31
Malta Premier League!!!!!

khriztian
23-09-2008, 21:56
Chilean 3rd division!

khriztian
23-09-2008, 22:03
I am too looking forward for Peruvian conference

Indeed! Copa Peru would be really fun to manage! I've become very close to it, because I'm currently living/studying in Piura (Peruvian city from the region of Piura) and I get to see every game from the local team C.A. Grau, very exited because the national phase is about to begin.

Anyway it's a complex league; it has a local phase, a regional phase and a national phase (except Lima and Callao); and also a phase only for Lima and Callao.

Hope to see it on a future version.

av3ry
23-09-2008, 22:06
I want more African Leagues like...

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Nigeria
Algeria

And I want the Japanese League that was fun managing over there on CM 03/04

rancer890
23-09-2008, 22:27
More Asian leagues would be nice like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait and UAE. :)

A bit annoying that they are unplayable considering that teams from those countries have made the final of the Asian Champions League.

Danny Dire
24-09-2008, 10:01
English Sunday League would be propa nawty.

ZIRA - NK Jedinstvo Bihac
09-10-2008, 17:53
All country's around us.. have their league in FM ... Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, and we dont. We also have few good teams like them... its unfair..

I just dont understand. .. WHY?

We have 16 clubs... almost every second year we have 1 club in 3rd qualifying phase of Champions League.

We just dont recive enough attention.

Can we have answer please, we dont wanna make our OWN league every new FM, we want offical one...

Our clubs are not BAD... we have FK Sarajevo... we have beaten Genk away 2-1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZVZ_crzyg , Zeljeznicar Sarajevo lost 4-1 Newcastle,

FK Sarajevo beaten Man Utd 1967 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuzIOOwWAU

fmbosnia.com

KUBI
09-10-2008, 18:09
A Cyprus and a belarus team is in the Champions League group stage and still there is no Cyprus or Belarus league in the game. I agree that it would be great to have some new leagues added, but I don't think that the Bosnian is the number one in demands.

ZIRA - NK Jedinstvo Bihac
09-10-2008, 18:12
They should add those 3..

Helpless
09-10-2008, 18:13
I think if their was to be more leagues to be added, it would becool to have something from the middle east maybe or some more african leagues.

rekluse
09-10-2008, 18:18
Theres a long list of leagues people want added but they'll never be added if people don't keep asking, so good luck with that.

If you attend enough games and follow it closely maybe you could offer to be the Bosnian league researcher to ensure the league is added at some point in time.

Quackje
09-10-2008, 18:56
Well Belarus is in the game but I totally agree that the rest of European leagues should be added, Cyprus and Bosnia probably being the highest quality ones still missing. It can't be that hard to get data on players in these leagues as they're fully professional at least at the highest level. Its not like we're asking for the Burkina Faso 3rd league.

wandsfan93
09-10-2008, 19:00
I think if their was to be more leagues to be added, it would becool to have something from the middle east maybe or some more african leagues.

There are no Oceana Leagues anymore. Australia was the only one a couple of years ago but they've since left for Asia.

DietSpam
09-10-2008, 19:06
This is why SI should push the boat our and implement a system, like the editor, that allowed users to create our own leagues. FM has a big enough fan base that we would see just about every other league being made. And it would save on licensing as well.

Macedonian King
09-10-2008, 19:11
Every second young man is playing football manager in Macedonia, but there is not a Macedonian league. Its a shame. FM is the most popular game in Macedonia

PMLF
09-10-2008, 21:35
Before adding more Euro leagues (there are 30 or so of them in the game already), they should add more African and Asian leagues.

And also Paraguay and Ecuador as their teams are good enough to win Copa Libertadores (Olimpia won it in 2002 and LDU de Quito won it in 2008) and Paraguay and Ecuador have played most of the recent WCs. Costa Rica should also be added.

ReallyMadrid
09-10-2008, 21:38
This is why SI should push the boat our and implement a system, like the editor, that allowed users to create our own leagues. FM has a big enough fan base that we would see just about every other league being made. And it would save on licensing as well.

Seriously. +1

Domix
09-10-2008, 21:44
I also agree for Bosnia and Cyprus leauge.
I mean theire leauge is much better then some leagues that are actualy in the game. I don't live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, I'm from Croatia, but there are couple of forums here where all of us Ex-Yugoslavia Managers gather and I can say that loads of them are from Bosnia and Herzegovina...
Please, consider this...
Btw, what are the criteria on which you base what league will be in the game?

Alekos
09-10-2008, 21:46
Every second young man is playing football manager in Macedonia, but there is not a Macedonian league. Its a shame. FM is the most popular game in Macedonia

Well if you talking about Greek League is already in game..
Or you talking about Vardarcka, Skopje?

AIK
09-10-2008, 22:14
Isn't this mainly a problem with scouting? SI can't add any new leagues at the moment because they don't have enough data from these countries?
If ZIRA - NK Jedinstvo Bihac and other Bosnian people would start to scout and give SI full data for two highest divisions in Bosnia SI may be able to include the league in FM10. And full data it's as good and deep as for the data for the English Premier League. Of course, I don't really know but how I have understood the whole matter it's all about that SI doesn't have enough people that clearly say they'll be able provide good and correct data for any new leagues. And they also need all that data for the division under the lowest playable.
Correct me if I’m wrong.

sydfc4ever
10-10-2008, 04:13
i think it's a combination of scouting and interest. I have no problem with more European leagues added, but after Asia and the Middle East. I love the Asian Champions League and African Nations but don't think they are fairly reflected in the game simply due to the small number of clubs you can actually use.

I think the following need to be added in this order:

1) Egypt
2) Saudi Arabia
3) Qatar
4) Nigeria
5) Ivory Coast
6) Paraquay
7) UAE
8) New Zealand
9) Iran
10) Equador
11) Cyprus
12) Vietnam

As you can see, I place more European leagues quite low on my list of must have leagues!

(Yes, I know Japan isn't on there, FM have told us it's not going to happen so, sadly, we have to deal with that)

Alekos
10-10-2008, 05:03
Priority should be Cyprus that has a team in the Champions League and well known players join them lately!

Wijnand fens
10-10-2008, 09:32
Belarus is already in the game...

dragce
10-10-2008, 09:46
on the site http://www.fm-serbia.net you can download Bosnian , Macedonian and Montenegro Leagues

Themistofelis
10-10-2008, 10:43
Cypriot league is available as a "patch" in fmgreece.com

jakobx
10-10-2008, 10:59
Si should add an editor so users can create their own leagues. IMO its something they should consider for FM10.

I dont think they are going to add many more leagues to the game because of the lack of researchers or lack of sales in the target country not to mention the increased complexity of the game.

orion318
10-10-2008, 11:47
Si should add an editor so users can create their own leagues. IMO its something they should consider for FM10.

I dont think they are going to add many more leagues to the game because of the lack of researchers or lack of sales in the target country not to mention the increased complexity of the game.

I've (and a lot of us) asked for this before.
SI have issues with the game crashing a lot if it's us creating the leagues.
But i think that it would be possible if somehow they could code the league structure in a different way that it would make each part/rule "separate items" that we could then bundle togheter to make your custom structure.

Then maybe we could have an editor were you would pick.
League: 3 levels
16 teams per level
3 teams go up and 3 go down.
7 subs
5 fgn players per squad
1 game ban on 5 yellow cards

etc.

We are probably asking for too much right now...but someday in the future hopefully SI will give this to us. :)

rakhabbit
10-10-2008, 21:17
We are probably asking for too much right now...but someday in the future hopefully SI will give this to us. :)

tbh i seriously doubt SI will ever give you this

a league editor would give the game too much "longterm" attractiveness to a player, SI's business model is based around releasing a patch/dataupdate every 12 months and charging you lots of money for it.

SI will get around to adding new league structures eventually, but they need to resolve the various national FA's licensing issues first, along with reliable AND accurate data for those nations.

orion318
10-10-2008, 21:28
a league editor would give the game too much "longterm" attractiveness to a player, SI's business model is based around releasing a patch/dataupdate every 12 months and charging you lots of money for it.

I understand were you are coming from but in my opinion this wouldn't be the case.
(i obviously don't agree with the patch coment as IMO there are a lot of improvements to the game each year)

League structure doesn't change too much over the years, in fact if there's a major change it's about once every 10 years.

What does change is that the players move and that can be easily edited already, and still it doesn't afect the sales.

Hopefully a league structure editor/creator will come soon to the FM franchise (that or all the playable leagues in the world ;), although i would still want to be able to create a superleague :))

PMLF
10-10-2008, 21:45
I would love a feature like this, but I have no idea how hard it is to code it.

Akaz1976
10-10-2008, 21:51
Why has SI categorically ruled out Japanese league? is there a legal (ie copy right) issue or something?

PMLF
10-10-2008, 21:53
Konami owns the right to feature the J. League.

Jack Rudd
10-10-2008, 21:53
There's a rights issue with regard to the Japanese league, yes.

Creating new leagues... well, it should be possible to reverse-engineer the game and find out how the existing leagues are created. (If people can create huge mods for the spaghetti coding that is The Sims 2, they can probably do it for any game.) Hmmm, maybe that's an idea. See if J.M.Pescado would be up to the task.

AcidBurn
10-10-2008, 23:34
Has anyone from SI actually come out and said why they do not include the ability to add league via the editor?

Herter
10-10-2008, 23:43
I'd actually love to see more small countries in FM.. Faroe Islands, Malta and the likes..

Daddy Yankee
11-10-2008, 00:03

look, you have got everiting for research, like every year. in FM are almost all Bosnian teams, you just need to put them in League. Is that so hard? how you think to have good sales in Bosnia without their league.

www.fmbosnia.com

fmbosnia
11-10-2008, 00:20
sorry for my bad english
hello,i from www.fmbosnia.com forum and every year we make and finish research of many clubs in our contry,we think you add our league in FM but you dont do this any time
sure we have quality league and national team some of our clubs reach third round of european champions cup qualifing or UEFA cup,our nacional team every time is on top i there group i we can win any reprezentation in the world,probably we hope you will read this and get decision to make our league in FM

specially thanks from bosnia
www.fmbosnia.com

Alan A Wadge
11-10-2008, 00:30
If they decide to give us the maltese league i can be the head researcher and have a team of 10-20 men giving me the info.

i also agree with that guy that said about the facility to create league. That way ppl can share them and I bet that within a week we would have everyother league in the world!

thefox69
11-10-2008, 01:08
why is there no chance of there being a japanese league on football manager?

rancer890
11-10-2008, 01:10
why is there no chance of there being a japanese league on football manager?

As said by PMLF:

Konami owns the right to feature the J. League.

Misodoctakleidist
11-10-2008, 02:25
I think we should be able to re-activate the old Soviet and Yugoslav leagues. That would be awesome.

jsolloso
11-10-2008, 11:25
If they keep adding more and more leagues then you'll need to contact SI and borrow their computers :)

Alan A Wadge
11-10-2008, 11:31
why is that jsollso? what does their pc have which I don't have?

Danny!!
12-10-2008, 00:46
Bristol Downs Football League Division Four...

Fine if that isn't possible I'll just take the

Unibond League Premier, Isthmian League Premier, and Southern League Premier

ET-Taylor
12-10-2008, 08:37
Highland League would be cool then i would be Cove

O\'Hara_fan
12-10-2008, 08:42
If I am honest, fair enough there are a Cypriot team in the Champions League, but having watched a Cypriot game live, I can only say the standard of the teams in the bottom half is about equivelent to League 2. Not fantastic football.

samdiatmh
12-10-2008, 08:49
I agree that the more realistic the better
However, the game would need about 1TB RAM to run and about 60TB memory left
This is not on my computer, and quite likely not on anyone elses either

I believe that the England leagues are fine
Although I would like some more African leagues (big nations only)
A rich-teams leagues would also be nice Uzbekistan(linked with Eto'o), Saudi Arabia(playing Zarate in 08 without signing) etc
I also believe that a league-creator in the Editor would be a great addition (FM10 maybe)

Daddy Yankee
13-10-2008, 19:22
jsolloso: memory usaga depends on number of leagues that is loaded, not on noumber of leaguse that is playable.

EL-taylor and Danny: you want 15 englesh leagues playapble, but bosnias cant have first two or three??? (there is not owne rigts like on J-Legue :D )

nerner
13-10-2008, 20:33
i would like the Scilly Isles league, and the Morroccan league, and the moldovan league, lithuanian league, Vatican league, ghana, Chad, and Bosnian leagues.

Daddy Yankee
13-10-2008, 21:59
Can someone who is in charge finally respond will Bosnian league be in fm 09, or when?

Bongo-Bongo
13-10-2008, 22:04
Being honest, I'd be disapointed to see more European leagues added ahead of African and Middle Eastern leagues, as Europe already has massive representation, whilst these regions have virtually nil, and some strong teams playing in them. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see leagues such as the Bosnian of Cyprian leagues inlcuded, but I just feel that FM needs to get a much more balanced representation of world football, and not one that mainly centres on the European game.

Daddy Yankee
13-10-2008, 22:42
adding non-european leagues is not connected with adding european. then can add european and african, asian.... at same time. i just tink that is unfair to not make leagues like cyprian, bosnian... whenm they have all teams. i cant understand that. because of that, people now must change other leagues to get leagues like bosnian, cyprian... it is easier to SI to add them. or at least make editor where is possible to add new league. thanks

Wijnand fens
14-10-2008, 14:18
qatar would be nice

also more african clubs:
Marocco
Tunesia
Egypt
Nigeria
Ivory Coast

European:
Lithuenia
albania
Montenegro
Macedonia
Moldavia
Luxemburg
(all european countries must be added)

America:
Canada
Honduras
Bolivia
Venezuela

Asia:
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
UEA
Thailand

So Si had to do a lot of research ;-)

NielsWSE
14-10-2008, 14:44
The Jordanian League.

A Jordanian team has won the AFC Cup the latest 3 times.

Daddy Yankee
14-10-2008, 16:31
qatar would be nice

So Si had to do a lot of research ;-)

A repeat: for leagues like Bosniam, Cyprian, Montenegrin, they have both players and teams, so they JUST need to build league (one hour of work)

I dont understand why they dont do this! (they have enough time to do this for FM09 :D )

And Qatar league would be great too.

Falastur
14-10-2008, 17:43
A repeat: for leagues like Bosniam, Cyprian, Montenegrin, they have both players and teams, so they JUST need to build league (one hour of work)

I dont understand why they dont do this! (they have enough time to do this for FM09 :D )

In fairness to SI, if it were only one hour's work then I reckon we'd see a large number of extra leagues added year-on-year. I'm no coder, but I reckon you'll find it's more like a couple of days' work, plus research, per league. And by research I don't just mean player stats, but checking licensing issues, confirming the way that the leagues and cups work for unusual rules and for entrance requirements, maybe contacting the FA and clubs for certain information, etc etc. I'm sure if adding the leagues truly was easy then they'd be cramming them in.

nerner
14-10-2008, 18:01
yeah, but i would rather have a new league added than a press conference feature.

Daddy Yankee
14-10-2008, 21:16
In fairness to SI, if it were only one hour's work then I reckon we'd see a large number of extra leagues added year-on-year. I'm no coder, but I reckon you'll find it's more like a couple of days' work, plus research, per league. And by research I don't just mean player stats, but checking licensing issues, confirming the way that the leagues and cups work for unusual rules and for entrance requirements, maybe contacting the FA and clubs for certain information, etc etc. I'm sure if adding the leagues truly was easy then they'd be cramming them in.

is that so big work for team like SI have???

Canal
14-10-2008, 23:32
Kyrgyzstan league, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan.... lots of leagues with -stan at the end...

jod123
14-10-2008, 23:35
Kyrgyzstan league, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan.... lots of leagues with -stan at the end...

Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan? ;)

Canal
14-10-2008, 23:47
Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan? ;)

oh of course..... i am glad someone else agrees with the -stan additions!:thup: ;)

jod123
14-10-2008, 23:53
oh of course..... i am glad someone else agrees with the -stan additions!:thup: ;)

I'd like as many leagues as possible in the game. :D

Ter
15-10-2008, 00:11

And Qatar league would be great too.

I can assure you it is not one hour of work and is considerably more work than you might think.

deyholla
15-10-2008, 00:16
The more the better. Specifically I would like to see the USSL, Uzbeki league and a good number of african leagues. Central america would be nice too. It would be great to see a truly global game!

Daddy Yankee
15-10-2008, 00:48
@Ter: I know it is not one hour, but it is not hard for you to make league. If swaping Magyar and Bosnian League takes as few hours, it is not much for you either.

So can you tell as when we can expect Bosnian, Cyprian, Montenegrin... leagues? Thank you.

jod123
15-10-2008, 00:51
@Ter: I know it is not one hour, but it is not hard for you to make league. If swaping Magyar and Bosnian League takes as few hours, it is not much for you either.

So can you tell as when we can expect Bosnian, Cyprian, Montenegrin... leagues? Thank you.

They won't be in FM09 anyway as Miles said that there are no new playable leagues.

I think implementing a league would be more difficult than you think but I think the main reason is down to lack of researchers.

Daddy Yankee
15-10-2008, 01:26
leave researchers alone. any information they want, they know where they can get it ;)

jod123
15-10-2008, 01:31
leave researchers alone. any information they want, they know where they can get it ;)

Yeah the researchers do a great job but there is probably no specific researcher for say Bosnia, Cyprus, Montenegro etc.

Daddy Yankee
15-10-2008, 01:43
We have two SI researchers (Bosnia) and lot of people who helping them with informations.

Danny!!
15-10-2008, 08:16
EL-taylor and Danny: you want 15 englesh leagues playapble, but bosnias cant have first two or three???

You'd find that it's actually 24 tiers in the English system, that's about 140 leagues... Haha. But I reckon it'd be cool to start with a team say, the Wellington Wonderers.

It'll take a minimum of 24 years to be promoted from the bottom of the English system to the Premier League, that would be what you call LLM!

Garry623
15-10-2008, 09:02
J-League is only i want

please cut the Chinese league,the player in china are good for nothing.

Daddy Yankee
15-10-2008, 16:25
yes but they probably have highest money income from sales in china. :D

Rickooko
15-10-2008, 18:07
Would like to see J-League back if possible! (Japan)

Sanjanin
08-11-2008, 12:56
Bosnia!

I've been playing from CM3 ( i think it was 1998-1999) and i'm still waiting for Bosnian league ;)

smithers08
08-11-2008, 12:58
About 3/4 leagues down from the BSN/S so I can play as my local team , Consett :)

Andyprime
08-11-2008, 13:05
About 3/4 leagues down from the BSN/S so I can play as my local team , Consett :)

i'd like to see these leagues as well, i like the challenge it would present

wandsfan93
08-11-2008, 13:18
-Ryman/Unibond/Southern Leagues (Prem AT LEAST)
-Some Oceania Leagues (NZ, ASA, etc.)
-Welsh 2nd Divs (Cymru Alliance, WFL 1st Div. - there are 2 leagues at that level)
-San Marino
-Vatican Clericus Cup lol (joke, but would be cool and I'd play)
-Canada

And I would also like Gibraltar to be in the database. They nearly gained UEFA membership (if it weren't for Spain) so we should at least have the option to make them a UEFA team ourselves.

wandsfan93
08-11-2008, 13:35
Can I just add, I read that someone wants the Kosovar League. That may not be possible, due to the backlash it would recieve from Eastern Europe, and other countries that refuse to recognise Kosovo as a nation.

Tiree_Don
08-11-2008, 13:35
Rest of the lesser known European leagues in the Eastern bloc. These countries are great for scouting and picking up bargains when your not managing a 'big' team.

Apart from that would love to see the scottish amatuer and lower leagues included in it. Would be great to take charge of my local teams Bonnybridge or Dunipace Juniors and see how far I could take them in the Junior ranks and scottish cups. Plus you could send youngsters there to toughen up.

Candre168
16-12-2008, 22:41
We've all seen how two Cypriot teams (Omonia and Anorthosis) have done fairly well in European competitions (Anorthosis Famagusta nearly qualifying for the knockout stages the better example, but Omonia nearly qualifying for the UEFA cup only to be beaten by Man City still a good example). So here's my question, why don't SI make the Cypriot League playable? Cypriot Football is growing, and Anorthosis will probably have another run in the Champions League next season, with Omonia, APOEL or someone else making a run in the UEFA Cup. If SI can put in random leagues like the Indian league and Singapore league, they might as well put in a league that is increasingly growing. I'd definitely love to manage one of the Cypriot teams myself.

Mike7077
16-12-2008, 22:50
I think SI have ruled out adding any new leagues in the near future.

parai11
16-12-2008, 22:56
Cyprus definitely deserves to be in there.

Andrew_
16-12-2008, 23:06
Another vote for yes.

Mike7077
16-12-2008, 23:10
Personally, I think we need more African leagues.

Hershie
16-12-2008, 23:32
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=78784

:thup: :cool:

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:13
I'm glad to see people agree with me, hopefully someone from SI see this.

The Cypriot League really deserves to be in the game, and the football is pretty decent.

Hopefully we can keep this thread active for someone to recognize it.

GillsMan
17-12-2008, 00:15
As Mike already said, SI have said in the past that they're unlikely to add more leagues in the future. Not many people are playing in the lesser leagues, so it barely seems worth it I suppose.

Pr0fes0r
17-12-2008, 00:17
Didn't they add the 3rd level in Indonesia for FM 2009?

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:17
As Mike already said, SI have said in the past that they're unlikely to add more leagues in the future. Not many people are playing in the lesser leagues, so it barely seems worth it I suppose.

I'd put money that more people would play the Cypriot league than the Indian or Singapore league.

GillsMan
17-12-2008, 00:18
I'd put money that more people would play the Cypriot league than the Indian or Singapore league.

I'm not disputing you per se, but based on what?

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:20
I'm not disputing you, but based on what?

How many people do you hear talking about Indian or Singaporean Football around here?

My Anorthosis Famagusta thread got some attention when the Champions League was on. Plus, you still hear the odd mention of Cypriot Football around this board, which you don't hear for Indian or Singaporean.

GillsMan
17-12-2008, 00:20
How many people do you hear talking about Indian or Singaporean Football around here?

My Anorthosis Famagusta thread got some attention when the Champions League was on. Plus, you still here the odd mention of Cypriot Football around this board, which you don't hear for Indian or Singaporean.

Not a particularly scientific basis, tbh, when you consider that Sega are likely to have carried out actual research on the matter.

Andrew_
17-12-2008, 00:21
But then again there's a much bigger Indian and Singapore market then there is a Cypriot one

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:22
Not a particularly scientific basis, tbh, when you consider that Sega are likely to have carried out actual research on the matter.

How are Sega going to go and ask everyone who has FM whether they would play the Cypriot league or not? Pardon my ignorance.

Either way, if Anorthosis Famagusta made the knockout stages (something they DESERVED more than the others), or if Anorthosis Famagusta make the Champions League next year, then it would be downright insulting not to have the Cypriot league included.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:24
But then again there's a much bigger Indian and Singapore market then there is a Cypriot one

The Cypriot market is just as big as the Serbian, Finnish and Icelandic market (leagues all included in the game).

Andrew_
17-12-2008, 00:24
The Cypriot market is just as big as the Serbian, Finnish and Icelandic market (leagues all included in the game).

I wasn't disputing that. Just the areas i quoted.

Hershie
17-12-2008, 00:26
If I had the option to, the majority of my games of FM would end up being at APOEL mostlikely. :D

Candre168
I wasn't disputing that. Just the areas i quoted.

Yes, no one will deny that the Indian and Singaporean is big, but to have the Serbian, Finnish and Icelandic leagues, and not to include the Cypriot league, when Cyprus regularly have teams strongly contending for Champions League qualification, and last season, a team who nearly beat Inter and Werder Bremen, is just downright insulting.

GillsMan
How are Sega going to go and ask everyone who has FM whether they would play the Cypriot league or not? Pardon my ignorance.

Either way, if Anorthosis Famagusta made the knockout stages (something they DESERVED more than the others), or if Anorthosis Famagusta make the Champions League next year, then it would be downright insulting not to have the Cypriot league included.

I'm sorry, I don't buy your argument at all, and you're contradicting yourself. On the one hand, you think it's perfectly OK to believe that the Cypriot league should be in the game (over the Indian or Singaporean leagues) based on little more than reading a couple of threads on a forum. On the other hand, because Sega couldn't possibly have asked every FM player whether they want the Cypriot league or not, you think their research doesn't stand up. Eh? Explain that one.

Sorry, but I don't agree it's insulting not to include a league who, let's face it, don't have much impressive history to talk of.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:28
I'm sorry, I don't buy your argument at all, and you're contradicting yourself. On the one hand, you think it's perfectly OK to believe that the Cypriot league should be in the game (over the Indian or Singaporean leagues) based on little more than reading a couple of threads on a forum. On the other hand, because Sega couldn't possibly have asked every FM player whether they want the Cypriot league or not, you think their research doesn't stand up. Eh? Explain that one.

Sorry, but I don't agree it's insulting not to include a league who, let's face it, don't have much impressive history to talk of.

I was just giving an example to you.

Look, simply put, do YOU think that the Cypriot League deserves to be in when you consider some of the other leagues in the game?

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:30
If I had the option to, the majority of my games of FM would end up being at APOEL mostlikely. :D

I love all the Cypriot teams :D.

I'd probably have a saved game with each team.

Hershie
17-12-2008, 00:32

With Cyprus the lack of footballing history has quite a bit to do with the political history. The domestic league has only really taken off again in the last 15 years or so, and even still the majority of football fans support foreign, mostly English infact, teams as well. Particularly Manchester United. The growth of the domestic league I think too has something to do with the ownership structure of the teams. I know that the fans are very involved in the ownership of Anorthosis for a start. A few months ago I had to turn down tickets to a game I was offered by one of the many 'owners'. :(

You should've seen the celebrations in the South when Greece won EURO 2004 though! :D

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:35
With Cyprus the lack of footballing history has quite a bit to do with the political history.

EXACTLY!

The point is, that RIGHT NOW, Football in Cyprus is expanding very quickly.

GillsMan
17-12-2008, 00:36
I was just giving an example to you.

Look, simply put, do YOU think that the Cypriot League deserves to be in when you consider some of the other leagues in the game?

No. I simply don't think there's any demand to justify it. Ultimately, though, it's not my opinion that counts.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:38
No. I simply don't think there's any demand to justify it. Ultimately, though, it's not my opinion that counts.

Sorry, but what basis do you go by to say there is not enough demand for it?

GillsMan
17-12-2008, 00:41
Sorry, but what basis do you go by to say there is not enough demand for it?

Status of the league and population of the country. Very simplistic, I admit, but it's better than reading a few posts on a forum, I think.

mr_pimpnuts
17-12-2008, 00:43
FM is rather popular in Singapore (they are big footie fans), I bought my copy of FM07 there.

More leagues are always good I'd definitely have go in Cypriot leagues.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:43
Status of the league and population of the country. Very simplistic, I admit, but it's better than reading a few posts on a forum, I think.

My opinion isn't based on a few posts on a forum, that was just an example.

The population of Iceland is HALF of what the population of Cyprus is, yet Iceland has it's own league, funny huh?

GillsMan
17-12-2008, 00:46
My opinion isn't based on a few posts on a forum, that was just an example.

The population of Iceland is HALF of what the population of Cyprus is, yet Iceland has it's own league, funny huh?

I don't think that league should be in there either tbh. Anyway, you clearly believe the Cypriot league should be in there, so good luck to you.

Hershie
17-12-2008, 00:47
Cyprus' UEFA league coefficient is pretty much equal to Croatia's, and higher than Ireland, Finland, Romania, Wales, Iceland etc. Surely the status of the league in the eyes of UEFA is pretty important?

As for the population, the nearest in the game is Northern Ireland, but 1mil less at 800,000 approx. However, on population density they're pretty much on the same level as Spain, and far ahead of some other nations.

Hmmm. I can see your point though, obviously, but in relative terms, there's a pretty strong case I'd argue.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:48
I don't think that league should be in there either tbh. Anyway, you clearly believe the Cypriot league should be in there, so good luck to you.

Well, I think it should be in because Cyprus has been making alot more noise as a footballing country than half the other leagues there (considering half the leagues are unkown leagues).

Hershie
17-12-2008, 00:49
And oops, I forgot Iceland. 320,000 to Cyprus' 790,000.

vrv
17-12-2008, 00:49
Cyprus, Egyptian, Algerian, Tunisian, Moroccan and other leagues should be added. More Asian and African teams :)

TheoWalcott89
17-12-2008, 00:52
Im sorry I know you only mentioned it as an example, but I dont agree that the Icelandic league is less important than the Cypriotic. Obviously being icelandic i will admit to being slightly biased but nontheless...No offence at all to Cyprus but one also has to look at the number of 'higher' profile players that a country is producing. Even though the Icelandic national team isnt doing too great, and admittetly neither are the club sides (although our former champions narrowly lost out to BATE Borisov in the 2nd Q of the CL and we all know what happened next...) but the players we are producing, mainly for other countries is increasing. Our league is getting stronger and for a nation of 300,000 people it is quite extraordinary.
Plus there is a huge market for the game in Iceland, with every man woman and child playing it. So please I know Iceland is the easy example, but do not pick on us because I, like so many others love playing in our league and we so desperately do not want it taken away from us.
Sorry for the rant, I'm kind of tired ;) but I mean no offence to you or Cyprus.

PS. Hershie, that UEFA, FIFA whatever, list is absolute ****. Iceland, although not the best national team in the world, could thrash many of the teams that are supposedly better than them on those lists...so dont go there

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:52
Cyprus' UEFA league coefficient is pretty much equal to Croatia's, and higher than Ireland, Finland, Romania, Wales, Iceland etc. Surely the status of the league in the eyes of UEFA is pretty important?

As for the population, the nearest in the game is Northern Ireland, but 1mil less at 800,000 approx. However, on population density they're pretty much on the same level as Spain, and far ahead of some other nations.

Hmmm. I can see your point though, obviously, but in relative terms, there's a pretty strong case I'd argue.

Exactly.

Good post. :thup:

To add, Cyprus is a very big tourist destination. Just pointing out that it isn't a scrub country or anything.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 00:54
Im sorry I know you only mentioned it as an example, but I dont agree that the Icelandic league is less important than the Cypriotic. Obviously being icelandic i will admit to being slightly biased but nontheless...No offence at all to Cyprus but one also has to look at the number of 'higher' profile players that a country is producing. Even though the Icelandic national team isnt doing too great, and admittetly neither are the club sides (although our former champions narrowly lost out to BATE Borisov in the 2nd Q of the CL and we all know what happened next...) but the players we are producing, mainly for other countries is increasing. Our league is getting stronger and for a nation of 300,000 people it is quite extraordinary.
Plus there is a huge market for the game in Iceland, with every man woman and child playing it. So please I know Iceland is the easy example, but do not pick on us because I, like so many others love playing in our league and we so desperately do not want it taken away from us.
Sorry for the rant, I'm kind of tired ;) but I mean no offence to you or Cyprus.

LOL! I was waiting for an Icelandic guy to come and rip into my post.

I mean no disrespect WHATSOEVER to Icelandic football (I've been reading up on Icelandic Football by the way), but Iceland hasn't had a team compete and cause trouble for the other teams, in the Champions League QUALIFYING ROUNDS for a while.

Pr0fes0r
17-12-2008, 00:57
I see one major problem with Cypriot football which could be used as an argument against the addition of this league to FM X - there are very few Cypriot players that are recognisable outside their own country (and possibly Greece), as opposed to, for example, Iceland. The Cypriot national team has been getting great results recently, but only three players are based outside Cyprus. Therefore, the international attraction of this league is relatively low.

Hershie
17-12-2008, 00:58
:thup:

Cyprus' national talent is very much on the up too. I'll highlight Cyprus 5 - 2 Ireland as an example, and the narrow stoppage time defeat away at Italy a few months ago. As for the game in Cyprus, computers themselves aren't very big there really, but are finally catching on and quickly, particularly as broadband availability spreads to meet the needs of the increasing number of UK citizens choosing to move out there. I think almost 1/10th of the population at the next census is predicted to be UK passport holders. With the huge following for the Premier League out there, it's only a matter of time until FM becomes big too. It may already be, though. Lots of games on offer in the few, but increasing number of games and multimedia shops out there.

TheoWalcott89
17-12-2008, 00:58
LOL! I was waiting for an Icelandic guy to come and rip into my post.

I mean no disrespect WHATSOEVER to Icelandic football (I've been reading up on Icelandic Football by the way), but Iceland hasn't had a team compete and cause trouble for the other teams, in the Champions League QUALIFYING ROUNDS for a while.

Of course I get your point, my what I'm trying to say is that we are growing very fast. Unfortunately players like Aron Gunnarsson (Coventry), Arnor Smarason (Herenveen sp?) and Theodor Elmar Bjarnason (Lyn) get shipped out way to fast so every time there is a good player in Iceland he gets shipped out, usually still in his teens. But like i said, Valur narrowly lost out to BATE Borisov, it could have gone differently, all we need is one lucky draw to give us a kick start....

Hershie
17-12-2008, 01:00
I see one major problem with Cypriot football which could be used as an argument against the addition of this league to FM X - there are very few Cypriot players that are recognisable outside their own country (and possibly Greece), as opposed to, for example, Iceland. The Cypriot national team has been getting great results recently, but only three players are based outside Cyprus. Therefore, the international attraction of this league is relatively low.
True, almost all the players in the most recent national team were Cyprus-based, but I'd argue that to some this, coupled with the great results, is indeed the major attraction.

TheoWalcott89
17-12-2008, 01:00
and just to make it clear, Im not against the introduction of the Cypriotic league at all, I think it would be a great thing, Im just defending Iceland ;)

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:02
:thup:

Cyprus' national talent is very much on the up too. I'll highlight Cyprus 5 - 2 Ireland as an example, and the narrow stoppage time defeat away at Italy a few months ago. As for the game in Cyprus, computers themselves aren't very big there really, but are finally catching on and quickly, particularly as broadband availability spreads to meet the needs of the increasing number of UK citizens choosing to move out there. I think almost 1/10th of the population at the next census is predicted to be UK passport holders. With the huge following for the Premier League out there, it's only a matter of time until FM becomes big too. It may already be, though. Lots of games on offer in the few, but increasing number of games and multimedia shops out there.

Some of my friends have FM in Cyprus.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:03
and just to make it clear, Im not against the introduction of the Cypriotic league at all, I think it would be a great thing, Im just defending Iceland ;)

I completely understand, and sorry to bash the Icelandic football league.

Iceland prodcues some great players, but because alot of these players are shipped OUT, the Icelandic football league isn't as good. (this is an answer to pr0ffes0rs post as well).

Pr0fes0r
17-12-2008, 01:04
True, almost all the players in the most recent national team were Cyprus-based, but I'd argue that to some this, coupled with the great results, is indeed the major attraction.

For your average FM player the thrill of managing Gudjohnsen will be much higher than the thrill of managing Konstantinou. Whereas those who like managing in lesser-known European leagues constitute a small minority.

Further, I'd assume that - should the decision to add more leagues be made - Bosnia will take precedence over Cyprus.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:06
For your average FM player the thrill of managing Gudjohnsen will be much higher than the thrill of managing Konstantinou. Whereas those who like managing in lesser-known European leagues constitute a small minority.

Further, I'd assume that - should the decision to add more leagues be made - Bosnia will take precedence over Cyprus.

Read my post here: Iceland prodcues some great players, but because alot of these players are shipped OUT, the Icelandic football league isn't as good. (this is an answer to pr0ffes0rs post as well).

Cyprus KEEPS most of their good players, which means the actual quality of the Football League is benefits.

I'd also like to add, what has Bosnia done over Cyprus to merit a place?

Hershie
17-12-2008, 01:09

I'd think team success triumphs ultimately over individual success.

Thinking about it too, I remember rumours about Okkas joining Derby but it never happened.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:12
I'd think team success triumphs ultimately over individual success.

Thinking about it too, I remember rumours about Okkas joining Derby but it never happened.

Hershie, are you from Cyprus? If so, where do you live?

I'm from England but all my family is from Cyprus. :)

Pr0fes0r
17-12-2008, 01:13
Bosnia have much more footballing talent than Cyprus. And I'm not sure about the home-grown strength of Cypriot clubs - in Anorthosis you have 9 Cypriot players and 17 foreigners; only Nikolau and Constantinou started against Panathinaikos last week; in APOEL there are 14 Cypriot players and 15 foreigners; and only Christou, Charalampidis and Michail started against Schalke in their last UEFA game. This strongly suggests Cypriot club success heavily relies on foreign players.

TheoWalcott89
17-12-2008, 01:14
Another thing im just gonna shoot in ;)
I looked up the cypriotic league and you can see a distinct pattern of the league champions in recent years with a couple dominating. Thats maybe the problem in Iceland. We have a very fluctuating league (althought that has been fixed somewhat with the increase from 10 to 12 teams) so there hasnt been time for a team to build on its achievements, well not enough to achieve anything in Europe. a team wins the league and then it gets a 5th place finish and by the time it wins again, the european experience will be forgotten and they have to begin again. If we could have time to build on european games, we might have a chance, and i truly believe that u will see something from us in a couple of years.
Watch this space ;)

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:15
Bosnia have much more footballing talent than Cyprus. And I'm not sure about the home-grown strength of Cypriot clubs - in Anorthosis you have 9 Cypriot players and 17 foreigners; only Nikolau and Constantinou started against Panathinaikos last week; in APOEL there are 14 Cypriot players and 15 foreigners; and only Christou, Charalampidis and Michail started against Schalke in their last UEFA game. This strongly suggests Cypriot club success heavily relies on foreign players.

Cypriot football NEEDS to rely on foreign players because of the population. Even with most players staying in Cyprus, foreigners are needed to help fill the teams out. For Cyprus to attract so many foreigners, it must be a good thing.

Pr0fes0r
17-12-2008, 01:16
But invalidates the claim about the overall quality of Cypriot players.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:19
But invalidates the claim about the overall quality of Cypriot players.

Actually, it doesn't. Cypriot players are decent, but the population and youth system have let the country down. The youth system is definitely improving and getting alot better. Alot of young Cypriot players are now finding themselves make way to bigger teams. Don't question me on the Cypriot youth system, because I have an Uncle and a second cousin who are coming through the system. ;)

Pr0fes0r
17-12-2008, 01:22
Well, that's talk of the future. You asked why I thought Bosnia would be preferred over Cyprus, so here's your answer. Bosnia produces better players and therefore fits better in the "global picture" of the FM football world.

Hershie
17-12-2008, 01:22
Hershie, are you from Cyprus? If so, where do you live?

I'm from England but all my family is from Cyprus. :)
Nope =]

I'm from England. Not ethnical British, but no links to Cyprus either. It's just a place very close to my heart and has been all my life. Friends out there, and going to live there in the (near) future, I hope anyway. Parents are retiring out there, and spent years of my life just on holiday there. :)

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:23
Well, that's talk of the future. You asked why I thought Bosnia would be preferred over Cyprus, so here's your answer. Bosnia produces better players and therefore fits better in the "global picture" of the FM football world.

But we aren't talking about who produces better players, because both teams national teams are in the game, we are talking about who's FOOTBALL LEAGUE is better.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:24
Nope =]

I'm from England. Not ethnical British, but no links to Cyprus either. It's just a place very close to my heart and has been all my life. Friends out there, and going to live there in the (near) future, I hope anyway. Parents are retiring out there, and spent years of my life just on holiday there. :)

Nice :).

Alot of great memories for me where on holiday in Cyprus with family as well :).

Hershie
17-12-2008, 01:25
Cypriot football NEEDS to rely on foreign players because of the population. Even with most players staying in Cyprus, foreigners are needed to help fill the teams out. For Cyprus to attract so many foreigners, it must be a good thing.
Yep. Compare it to England. Look at the England national team, and then look at the make-up of the teams that most of the players play for. Similar in a way to England, but different to Italy or Spain, and the opposite of Brazil, if you get what I mean.

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:26
Yep. Compare it to England. Look at the England national team, and then look at the make-up of the teams that most of the players play for. Similar in a way to England, but different to Italy or Spain, and the opposite of Brazil, if you get what I mean.

Exactly, good post.

Frame
17-12-2008, 01:33
Cyprus regularly have teams strongly contending for Champions League qualification

Regularly?

Candre168
17-12-2008, 01:35
Regularly?

Yep.

Anorthosis Famagusta put up a very good fight each time.

Their team gets better each year.

ANDEHLSON
17-12-2008, 02:08
But you have to see that the leagues that were included in the game were chosen in 2004.

But one that you mentioned wrongly was the Serbian league. By 2004 they were not only far superior compared to Cyprus but also their league (the league itself) was and still is superior (the average serbian club is stronger than the average cyprus club)
The finnish league was around the same "knocked out at the 2nd/3rd qualifying stages" level as Cyprus but their country reputation is higher and the national squad maybe a bit superior?

Now the Icelandic league is weird.. I can't really see why it was included while stronger leagues like the Egyptian (Al-Ahly anyone?!) , Bosnian, Cyprus and Lithuanian werent...

But also one thing. You can't really judge a league being included over one season thing. So far the Lithuanian league has proven worthy of "playable status" as in the previous 5-6 years only once the Cyprus clubs got farther (dunno if its the right word...) than the Lithuanians in the CL. But I still maintain that I find weird how the Icelandic league is included and the others mentioned above arent but oh well...

redfanatic
17-12-2008, 03:03
No problem with having the Cypriot League, but reckon there are more deserving ones-Africa and the middle east are underrepresented. Would like to see Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, Cameroon, and U.A.E. And not forgetting Uzbekistan (if its good enough for Rivaldo and almost for etoo....) And Sega should go to war with Konami to give us Japan!!!

Jirki88
17-12-2008, 08:17
I wish there was some way they could make all leagues playable... I'd simply love to manage a team in like Burundi, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Vietnam or Mali... :D

TheoWalcott89
17-12-2008, 12:15
Now the Icelandic league is weird.. I can't really see why it was included while stronger leagues like the Egyptian (Al-Ahly anyone?!) , Bosnian, Cyprus and Lithuanian werent...

Like I said before, there is a much bigger market in Iceland, despite its low population, than in other countries such as in Eastern Europe and some parts of Africa. It always tops the list everywhere here in Scandinavia and a big culture playing it. You have to look at that.

Soldatino
17-12-2008, 12:56
I play almost exclusively Italian and Czech leagues with different teams, Cyprus league would be the 3rd for me! Fingers crossed to see it in FM10.

R9RonaldoR9
17-12-2008, 13:03
YES, Cyprus deserves to have a league- Anorthosis on of the best stories in the champions league this year and the league is on the up

R9RonaldoR9
17-12-2008, 13:06
No problem with having the Cypriot League, but reckon there are more deserving ones-Africa and the middle east are underrepresented. Would like to see Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, Cameroon, and U.A.E. And not forgetting Uzbekistan (if its good enough for Rivaldo and almost for etoo....) And Sega should go to war with Konami to give us Japan!!!

i wouldnt rally say more deserving... Cypriot teams have startd to perform really well as well as their national team...Anorthosis did great in the champions league-(great results vs inter, bremen etc) and other teams such as omonia doing well as well. overall the league is on th up

Lusitano
17-12-2008, 14:24
Cyprus over india, hong kong, indonesia.
Egypt would be a very good arrival, i don't want ot play just in South Africa, Al Alhy is the team of the century in africa, and we keep getting the SA teams only.

jsirichoke
17-12-2008, 14:40
With all the other issues involving the game, I doubt SI care too much about this right now.

Hershie
17-12-2008, 15:16
With all the other issues involving the game, I doubt SI care too much about this right now.
'All the other issues' will be sorted within the next couple of months at the very most, I'd think. Most already have been. After the final predicted patch, with the January updates, whenever that may be (sometime I February I'd guess), work on FM10 can begin.

As for data research, I'm sure finding people to be researchers wouldn't be hard. I'd consider putting myself forward if there was real interest from SI in implementing the League. :cool:

AcidBurn
17-12-2008, 15:55
Surely if SI can get researchers for the Cypriot league then it should be added along with many other leagues aswell.

GavinZac
17-12-2008, 16:02
Will the Cypriot league come with a feature where every team has a 75% chance of being taken over by Iraqi billionaires and then signing half their national team?

Candre168
17-12-2008, 20:18
All this talk is getting me excited :D.

;)

Lusitano
18-12-2008, 01:17
We want Cyprus, Egypt, Bosnia, Morocco, Angola, Canada???

When someone says that players aren't playing the lessers legues they utterly (does this word exist??) wrong, i have a personnal objective on all fm versions, to win the bigestes club competition on every continent, done it on north america, south america, europe, asia, but in africa it's hard becaus ethe SA teams aren't that good.

I've done it once but it was when i was testing the ANgola DB i was working on.

REsearch would not be very hard on some of the league i mencioned since every FM version someone makes db's with some of those legues, just see how many people downloaded the CYprus DB or the Egypt DB.

rancer890
18-12-2008, 01:28
We want Cyprus, Egypt, Bosnia, Morocco, Angola, Canada???

When someone says that players aren't playing the lessers legues they utterly (does this word exist??) wrong, i have a personnal objective on all fm versions, to win the bigestes club competition on every continent, done it on north america, south america, europe, asia, but in africa it's hard becaus ethe SA teams aren't that good.

I've done it once but it was when i was testing the ANgola DB i was working on.

REsearch would not be very hard on some of the league i mencioned since every FM version someone makes db's with some of those legues, just see how many people downloaded the CYprus DB or the Egypt DB.

Wow, someone wants the Canadian Soccer League. :D

I would not mind the addition of Cyprus league and some other African leagues, but not at a cost of cutting the Asian leagues. ;)

Lyssien
18-12-2008, 08:12
I am all for the inclusion of the Cypriot league! (I may be a bit biased though, as I am Greek)

What is the problem with adding another league? I am pretty confident that good research can be done on it. The greek league has an excellent research team, and a lot of Cypriots have hel[ped there, who did a very good job. I know, because I used to be part of the greek research team. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if the research on the cypriot league has already been done (all or part of it) in hope of a future inclusion.

I would also like the 3rd greek division to be included, so I can go LLM in Greece. Even if SI/SEGA have their respectful reasons for not including these leagues, how about allowing local communties to include them by means of unofficial patches? What is the reason that this cannot be done by SI? Surely, this would strengthen the interest in FM in more countries!

George_Spurs
18-12-2008, 08:36
I vote for yes... Cypriot league deffo needs to be added.

5iver
18-12-2008, 11:53
Yes please! An addition I have been crying out for years...

Lusitano
18-12-2008, 11:59
Wow, someone wants the Canadian Soccer League. :D

I would not mind the addition of Cyprus league and some other African leagues, but not at a cost of cutting the Asian leagues. ;)

Hey, why not???? Just shouting out countries.

GillsMan
18-12-2008, 12:45
Cyprus over india, hong kong, indonesia.
Egypt would be a very good arrival, i don't want ot play just in South Africa, Al Alhy is the team of the century in africa, and we keep getting the SA teams only.

I agree with another African league, as we currently only have one league from an entire continent. The Egyptian league would be a class addition IMO.

Glenn Wakeford
18-12-2008, 12:49
I would like to see the additions of Qatar, UAE, Cyprus, Egypt.

Hershie
18-12-2008, 12:53
I'd like to see UAE too actually.

jonny dos santos
18-12-2008, 13:06
Egypt would certainly be a great addition to FM, its suprising that their league isnt already in therem with their national teams success in the African Cup of Nations, aswell as most Egyptians being football mad and not to mention the sucess of many of their national players utside of egypt.

GavinZac
18-12-2008, 15:02
I'd like to see the regional tiers of Irish football, cheers :thup:

Candre168
18-12-2008, 19:52
I would like to see the additions of Qatar, UAE, Cyprus, Egypt.

UAE and Qatar are attracting bigger name plays now days, and Egyptian League actually has a few good players.

All 4 of those leagues would be excellent additions. Although, I think SI are going to be stubborn and keep some of the other scrub leagues in.

Candre168
19-12-2008, 02:48
I don't see why my Cyprus thread needed to be merged with this old thread.

rancer890
19-12-2008, 03:06
Hey, why not???? Just shouting out countries.

Cuz my small club to big club challenge would be toast if SI cuts some Asian leagues. :D

Zoulpain
19-12-2008, 03:13
I rather want more divisions then new leagues.

The new Serie D in Brazil (Starts in 2009) and maby more divisions in England would be neat.

At least level 7, the one under Blue Square.

Northern Premier League Premier Division
(UniBond League Premier Division)
22 clubs

Southern Football League Premier Division
(British Gas Business Football League Premier Division)
22 clubs

Isthmian League Premier Division
(Ryman Football League Premier Division)
22 clubs

maby level 8 to? :P

Northern Premier League Division One North
(UniBond League Division One North)
21 clubs

Northern Premier League Division One South
(UniBond League Division One South)
20 clubs

Southern Football League Division One Midlands
(British Gas Business Football League Division One Midlands)
22 clubs

Southern Football League Division One South & West
(British Gas Business Football League Division One South & West)
22 clubs

Isthmian League Division One North
(Ryman Football League Division One North)
22 clubs

Isthmian League Division One South
(Ryman Football League Division One South)
22 clubs

Level 9 to 25 would take 100 years to research i bet ^_^

rancer890
19-12-2008, 03:24
I know a lot of you want more English divisions, but wouldn't all those English divisions be a bit too much? :p

And we want the German Regional Divisions back!!! :D

mmike
19-12-2008, 03:31
Can we please add the Isles of Scilly Football League thx

Lusitano
19-12-2008, 15:29
No leagues cut just more added.

Frame
19-12-2008, 16:01
Yep.

Anorthosis Famagusta put up a very good fight each time.

Their team gets better each year.

I wouldn't call reaching the second qualifying round of the CL 3 times since the millenium regularly.

Marko An.
24-12-2008, 11:10
I would like to see the Macedonian League in FM2010... Vardar, I always set it as my fav. club!

anagain
24-12-2008, 13:13
I rather want more divisions then new leagues.

The new Serie D in Brazil (Starts in 2009) and maby more divisions in England would be neat.

At least level 7, the one under Blue Square.

Northern Premier League Premier Division
(UniBond League Premier Division)
22 clubs

Southern Football League Premier Division
(British Gas Business Football League Premier Division)
22 clubs

Isthmian League Premier Division
(Ryman Football League Premier Division)
22 clubs

I don't think they should go much farther than the above leagues, if any were to be added. Instead I think the coding should be changed to make promotion to playable leagues more based on stats of players at non-playable clubs.

Currently the game works on reputation and promotes the highest rep clubs (see Dafuges challenge). I don't think those leagues lower than the above three would be needed as much if non-league clubs fortunes depended upon player stats rather than reputation.

It would take work because it would need unplayable clubs to better maintain their player rosters and to employ managers etc. Currently they just seem to get rid of players every year.

It would be great to see new clubs moving up the pyramid than the same old few with a high reputation.

Tyke Tyson
24-12-2008, 13:14
The Brazilian league

DMaster2
25-12-2008, 17:37
Please add the italian Serie D

BillyMysterio
25-12-2008, 22:22
How about all 26 levels of the English Football Pyramid!

ThE BoMBeR
25-12-2008, 23:54
I like to see the Maltese Premier League at least :)

ffred
30-12-2008, 18:20
the new filipino premier league would be anothe good addition to the asian sector.

Serdar
30-12-2008, 21:09
Qatar would be nice just becase a lot of old famous players end up there for their last playing years for big money.

Cyprus should be there because for the last 5 years they are playing high level football. Cyprus has a population below million but football is loved there and it is not a poor country and piracy is not on very high level. I'm sure it will pay back financially for SI.

Even more UK divisions. Obviously UK is the mainland of FM and local teams are pupular in UK. I would not mind if SI add even one more layer in UK. Football quality may be very low but still people will appreciate it and I'm sure a lot of people will start the game with these teams for long career games.

Adding more African and Asian Nations would not harm anyone, but they will not be even selected as often as UK Sunday league teams.(Now I'm talking about users who will buy legal copy of the product) with the pirate users counted; stats might be very different but I do not think they are SIs priority.

Arkim
30-12-2008, 21:15
Middle Eastern leagues such as from Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Priority wise, I'd say more African leagues, however. I can only dream to manage in Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Ghana to name a few. The challenge of managing in any of these leagues alone would make me buy the game, even if it didn't have a 3D match view.

Let's hope we see more leagues added for future releases.

kkiroski2000
23-01-2009, 22:49
Macedonian League finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CymruAmBythWXM
23-01-2009, 22:52
English level 7
Welsh League One/Cymru Alliance
Scottish Highland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues

kkiroski2000
23-01-2009, 22:56
If someone from Si games is reading this, I want to ask are they planing to make Macedonian League playable in the 2010 edition. I think that it's finally time SI to make that, because the game is very popular in Macedonia. Also, only Macedonian league is not playable from the Balkan leagues.
I didn't know where to put this thread, so, if this is not a place for that tell me!

jod123
23-01-2009, 22:58
As far as I know they said they will be no new leagues in the near future. If someone is willing to be a researcher for it then I assume there is a better chance.

kkiroski2000
23-01-2009, 23:04
I don't know where to ask. I send them mails constantly, but they never wrote me back to tell me. :(

cris182
23-01-2009, 23:17
im sure they did say there would be no new leagues in the next few versions

Nobby_McDonald
24-01-2009, 00:00
They would need a suitable team of researchers for all the relevant teams in any potential new leagues. Until that is in place, there will be no new leagues.

FM1000
24-01-2009, 00:55
Yeah put the Macedonian legue SI!

Carl_272
24-01-2009, 01:03
I think SI only puts leagues where it sells most copies of FM.

I'd like to see Cyprus, Egypt and a couple of the gulf leagues added.

Desmo16
24-01-2009, 01:26
I think SI only puts leagues where it sells most copies of FM.

Yes that is definitely true.

cris182
24-01-2009, 01:51
i would expect gulf countries to come into the game before any other, or hope anyways. unlikely tho as they have yet to go below the bsn/s in england

Jonfun1980
24-01-2009, 02:04
Cyprus league should be in.

bertilak
24-01-2009, 02:07
id like to see macedonia, andorra, luxemberg, etc due to the preliminary round in the champions league, as i play mostly in the northern irish leagues.

Bababui
24-01-2009, 02:09
Japan should be #1 on the list.

arnold_kidd
24-01-2009, 02:32
Japan should be #1 on the list.
Yeah Japan first. If there's 1 licence Sega should buy for the next FM it will be the licence for the Japanese league. Then the German national team.

Then add the Macedonian league :D

rancer890
24-01-2009, 03:05
SI have already stated there will be no new leagues in the future, although I wish there were more Asian leagues (To know why, look at my location :p)

jod123
24-01-2009, 03:14
SI have already stated there will be no new leagues in the future, although I wish there were more Asian leagues (To know why, look at my location :p)

You also want the USL leagues don't you? :D

rancer890
24-01-2009, 03:16
You also want the USL leagues don't you? :D

Of course I do jod!!! :D

More Asian leagues and the USL, and I'm happy. :D

anagain
24-01-2009, 08:56
I think the next addition we might see is more non-league for England. From screenshots I have seen of the new CM, the Ryman league is playable in it. SI will have to follow suit to keep the competition on.

I think the FM/CM battle is what will dictate playable leagues and features now.

Edit:It's listed as Isthmian, not Ryman.

Stonedroses
25-01-2009, 20:31
English level 7
Welsh League One/Cymru Alliance
Scottish Highland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues

Ohh, I very much agree!
The best games I played are lower league ones.

englandmanager
25-01-2009, 20:33
all english semi prof leagues

ishmian
unibond etc

japan - but thats not SI fault

MeLikeFM
25-01-2009, 20:43
ok i want

montenegro
eygpt
saudi-arabia
chile
republic of ireland 'A' championship
serie D
canada

please SI
pretty please

Stantoner
25-01-2009, 22:35
I was wondering if there were plans in future FM games to add leagues from countries such as UAE and Qatar, apparently they pay quite a bit of money for players, i would like to see some more african as well, like egypt, ghana....

ftg87
25-01-2009, 22:37
There is a thread already for the discussion of leagues you would like added to the game, you can find it here (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=5253) :thup:

VudoBadger
25-01-2009, 23:07
The English Lower leages (Unibond, Ryman, etc) are a must I feel.. and the same with the FA Vase.. it'll give the lower teams that make up the english database some meaning

ANDEHLSON
25-01-2009, 23:23
The English Lower leages (Unibond, Ryman, etc) are a must I feel.. and the same with the FA Vase.. it'll give the lower teams that make up the english database some meaning

And adding the Egyptian league? Wouldnt it give a meaning to those teams? :p

kkiroski2000
27-01-2009, 13:17
Yes that is definitely true.

Yes, that's true, but, many people in Macedonia play FM and I think that if Si Games make the Macedonian league playable, all of the guys who play Fm will buy the original, including me!:D

Because someone mentioned that SI need research team for making a league playable, can somebody tell me where to ask for that? I send mails to SI, but, they never get back to me! :(
I don't know what's the matter??:confused:

djwilko6
27-01-2009, 13:30
Yes, that's true, but, many people in Macedonia play FM and I think that if Si Games make the Macedonian league playable, all of the guys who play Fm will buy the original, including me!:D

So you dont have the original?

CrashOverride
27-01-2009, 13:33
I hoping thats a translation issue rather than anything else

kkiroski2000
27-01-2009, 13:42
I have the original, but in Macedonia you can't buy it. Also Macedonia isn't on the list on Pay Pal, so it's very hard to get the original. My cousin brought mine!
I wanted to say that, because almost everybody here download the game, if the Macedonian league is made and if SI sell the original game here, everybody will buy the it!:)

jamboblue
27-01-2009, 14:25
Lithuanian league http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Definately think that would be a good addition as it would be interesting to manage the gers thumping Kaunas

kkiroski2000
27-01-2009, 14:53
I made a petition for Macedonian league, so you're welcomed to sign it!

http://www.petitiononline.com/2443640/petition.html

Glenn Wakeford
27-01-2009, 14:57
I made a petition for Macedonian league, so you're welcomed to sign it!

http://www.petitiononline.com/2443640/petition.html

You've already logged your request for this league, repeatedly bringing it up isn't going to make your request happen quicker.

kkiroski2000
27-01-2009, 15:05
You've already logged your request for this league, repeatedly bringing it up isn't going to make your request happen quicker.

OK, sorry if I make something bad!:(
But, I really want this to happen and that's why I've started this petition.

Glenn Wakeford
27-01-2009, 15:18
OK, sorry if I make something bad!:(
But, I really want this to happen and that's why I've started this petition.

It's fine that you've started a petition, it's not fine that you keep posting the same thing :)

Jirki88
27-01-2009, 15:23
I would mainly want to see some leagues like Jamaica, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Vietnam, Mali, Nigeria and Malta as playable... :D

bluebellsareblue
27-01-2009, 16:01
Let's be honest here, if you did a poll, which frequently appear in other threads, the vast majority of players seem to manage in England, Scotland or one of the other big nations.

It would be interesting to see percentage wise how many people play in the more obscure leagues.

I think given the choice between:

i) a cut-down version of FM2010 containing only say 10 or 12 major nations which was 10 cheaper
ii) the full 100's of leagues from Eastern europe/Asia/Africa version.

The vast majority would do much as they do now, and vote with their wallets and stick to the 'big' nations.
I don't think I'm unusual in the respect that I very rarely, if ever, on any version of FM going back to when it was still ChampMan load up any of the minor national leagues. If I want to play a savegame away from the usual suspects I might end in Belgium,Russia or Argentina BUT not in Singapore/Thailand or Egypt.
So really what is the point of all these requests for extra leagues that the vast majority will never, ever even look at?
Do you want to do the research for any of the leagues you have suggested?

P.S. There maybe should be another tier in Scotland though, either Highland League or Juniors. Look at Scottish Cup results there is nothing to choose between these leagues and Scottish Div 3.

Carl_272
27-01-2009, 16:18
It is a bit stupid from a footballing perspective (although not marketing clearly) to have malaysia, singapore, hong kong etc represented when lets be honest, they're pathetic.

bluebellsareblue
28-01-2009, 14:49
It is a bit stupid from a footballing perspective (although not marketing clearly) to have malaysia, singapore, hong kong etc represented when lets be honest, they're pathetic.

Re. From a marketing perspective. Never thought of that, although would be intersting to see some sales figures per region/country/league.

I was always under the impression though that most stuff sold in Hong Kong etc. be it CD's/DVD's/Game's or even handbags was all counterfeit/pirated copies.

Anyway as I said above how many people even look at half the nations/leagues already included without looking for even more obscure ones.

SI would be far better adding more leagues/levels/layers to existing 'major' nations i.e. Highland League/Juniors in Scotland or another level in England as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in playing as the 'alternative Manchester United'.

kingjericho
28-01-2009, 14:52
Canada 1st and 2nd leagues and USA 2nd league, and Portugal lower leagues

Galactus
28-01-2009, 15:16
Canada 1st and 2nd leagues and USA 2nd league, and Portugal lower leagues

Why?

You cant promote, you are a permanent part-time feeder club for the whole MLS,

bluebellsareblue
28-01-2009, 15:20
Why?

You cant promote, you are a permanent part-time feeder club for the whole MLS,

Got to agree with you, a lot of this thread seems to be people just trying to think of an obscure league, any league in any nation that isn't in the game at present and adding it to the list.

Could any of the people of this page even name three sides in the league they have requested be added?

As I said above how many people even look at half the nations/leagues already included without looking for even more obscure ones.

Mike7077
28-01-2009, 15:25
Seeing as England, Scotland and Northern Ireland all go beyond their top flights, it's a shame that Wales doesn't. Although, as bluebellsareblue points out above, I don't think I could name a single team outside of the Welsh top flight!

bluebellsareblue
28-01-2009, 15:32
Seeing as England, Scotland and Northern Ireland all go beyond their top flights, it's a shame that Wales doesn't. Although, as bluebellsareblue points out above, I don't think I could name a single team outside of the Welsh top flight!

As I've already said SI would be far better adding more leagues/levels/layers to existing 'major' nations i.e. Highland League/Juniors in Scotland or another level in England as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in playing as the 'alternative Manchester United'.

But, patting myself on the back here, I think as a general rule if you can't name at least a couple of teams in the league you are requesting, don't bother asking for it.

This thread has almost descended into a 'naming an obscure league' competition!!!!

feedthegoat
28-01-2009, 15:33
As I have said many, many times before the entire Unibond, BGB and Ryman Leagues please as well as maybe the first tier of Scottish non-league football (Deveronvale, Wick Academy et al).

MeLikeFM
28-01-2009, 15:34
the egyptian team(is it al-ahly)always win the african champ league where as south african teams never feature so why is the south african league in and not the main african nations(in football)

Mike7077
28-01-2009, 15:38
As I've already said SI would be far better adding more leagues/levels/layers to existing 'major' nations i.e. Highland League/Juniors in Scotland or another level in England as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in playing as the 'alternative Manchester United'.

But, patting myself on the back here, I think as a general rule if you can't name at least a couple of teams in the league you are requesting, don't bother asking for it.

This thread has almost descended into a 'naming an obscure league' competition!!!!

Yeah, I just think it's a bit strange that all the home nations have more than one tier in the game, except for Wales. I'd never play in Wales, though! I don't think adding other leagues in Scotland is worth it because you can only get so high and then that's your limit. No chance of ever qualifying for Europe or anything.

Arkim
28-01-2009, 21:00
Let's be honest here, if you did a poll, which frequently appear in other threads, the vast majority of players seem to manage in England, Scotland or one of the other big nations.

It would be interesting to see percentage wise how many people play in the more obscure leagues.

I think given the choice between:

i) a cut-down version of FM2010 containing only say 10 or 12 major nations which was 10 cheaper
ii) the full 100's of leagues from Eastern europe/Asia/Africa version.

The vast majority would do much as they do now, and vote with their wallets and stick to the 'big' nations.
I don't think I'm unusual in the respect that I very rarely, if ever, on any version of FM going back to when it was still ChampMan load up any of the minor national leagues. If I want to play a savegame away from the usual suspects I might end in Belgium,Russia or Argentina BUT not in Singapore/Thailand or Egypt.
So really what is the point of all these requests for extra leagues that the vast majority will never, ever even look at?
Do you want to do the research for any of the leagues you have suggested?

P.S. There maybe should be another tier in Scotland though, either Highland League or Juniors. Look at Scottish Cup results there is nothing to choose between these leagues and Scottish Div 3.

Judging by your location, that's a very biased post. Don't you think it's a bit ignorant to simply write off the leagues that aren't included in the game in the latest release? Your nation's league is in the game already and has several tiers, so you are able to manage within your home nation. Other's don't have that privilege and would like to manage in their nation's league.

By adding more leagues that would do the game no less then improve it since I fail to see how it could negatively impact the game's future sales. In fact, a fan would be more inclined to buy the game knowing he can manage a team in the nation that he is living in, even if it is an obscure league. I myself don't manage in England or Scotland, but mainly in Eastern Europe since that's the region that I am living in. It gives me joy to know that I can bounce around from a wealth of leagues and it only adds to my enjoyment that I get from playing the game. There is more to managing than just in the "top leagues". Perhaps you should take a look at the LLM and Challenge section of the forums and you can see that people get quite the enjoyment from managing outside the more dominant leagues. Don't forget the FM Stories section as well.

There is football outside of the UK and Europe and I'm sure you know that, just like there are nation's leagues that deserve to be represented within the game outside of the more well-known leagues.

You'd also be surprised at the local mods that people make for the game just so they can manage in their nation's league. Take a look at the Editor's Hideaway for example and you can see several threads where people inquire about making a league. Not too long ago I remember seeing someone post a database with the Canadian Soccer League and others.

Just to add to my point, I buy the FM series because of the fact that it includes my home nation's league, where as other competitors in the same genre do not. There are many people like myself and share the same view, and SI win us as customers, just for even including the league to give us the ability to manage within it, let alone the features of the game.

As they say, the more is always the better.

Oh and yes, I can name a team from each of the leagues I mentioned in a previous post. So I believe I meet the requirements to post in this thread. ;)

Millsy111
28-01-2009, 22:13
the egyptian team(is it al-ahly)always win the african champ league where as south african teams never feature so why is the south african league in and not the main african nations(in football)

Because there is no-one willing to research these leagues.

Many people in this thread don't seem to understand that SI need voluntary researchers to research all the teams/players in the game, clearly no-one from Egypt or Morocco or wherever is willing to do so.

The_Damaja
28-01-2009, 22:41
defo the highlands league, love to take forres mechanics to champions league glory! That and Fareham & Gosport U7 division then i can manage my real team on FM!