PDA

View Full Version : What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

procop
09-06-2008, 05:41
Polish third div would be very, very nice http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Inkstier
09-06-2008, 18:27
USL 1 and 2 in the US.

Blanchflower1
09-06-2008, 19:35
I would like to see ALL the football leagues in the world being included! That means more then 200 league systems around the world! That would be the ultimate achievement of FM!

DS
09-06-2008, 19:54
The best leagues not in the game currently are the arab leagues and the Japanese league so I would like to see them added. Also Egypt would be the only African league worth adding.

Mike7077
10-06-2008, 00:47
The disappointing thing about SI saying they won't be adding any new leagues for a while is that Africa is definitely under-represented.

Still, research might be tricky there.

phnompenhandy
10-06-2008, 03:08
Originally posted by Mike7077:
...Africa is definitely under-represented.

Still, research might be tricky there .

Why do you say that?

Mike7077
10-06-2008, 05:17
Originally posted by phnompenhandy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:
...Africa is definitely under-represented.

Still, research might be tricky there .

Why do you say that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you take two of Africa's strongest football nations, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, both countries have infrastructural problems that no country currently on the game has. You might point at countries like India and Indonesia, but they are both far more infrastructurally-developed than Nigeria and Ivory Coast. Plus you have to take into account the level of violence that goes on in both countries.

Whilst the likes of Senegal and Ghana are more peaceful, their infrastructure might still make it hard to research there.

I would, however, take the argument that North African countries like Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia might be easier to research due to them being relatively more prosperous, stable and with a better infrastructure (though Cairo is pretty chaotic!).

arrogantio
10-06-2008, 14:49
I think some people underestimate the complications of creating and coding a league. It's not just a matter of names and numbers of teams.

Mr Ash
11-06-2008, 03:06
Like to see the lower tiers of English football

Danny!!
11-06-2008, 03:12
The Northern Premier League (Unibond League) Premier Divisions, and the Division one North & South Leagues... Just because of the mighty Sheffield FC being in the Northern League Div 1 South.

And also the Cook Islands Round Cup, the top league of the Cook Islands. I am suggesting this as it seems to be the only league in the world to not have been mentioned in this forum yet. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And I genuinly would enjoy having that league in the game just for the experience of a REALLY SMALL league, and maybe to take the Cook Islands national team to World Cup glory.

Jack_Robbo
11-06-2008, 03:21
Would love to have the lower english divisions so i could play as FC Utd http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Would also like to see the J-League come back, dont think its bin in since CM4 & the proper brazilian thrid division with the proper qualification via the state championships & stuff, could also add serie D in brazil (new league for 2009) thats all i think lol http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Spurs_Q82
11-06-2008, 03:33
Very hope for Japanese League !

also Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & UAE league are the best in middle east although I'm from Kuwait !

DS
11-06-2008, 21:36
Originally posted by Spurs_Q8:
Very hope for Japanese League !

also Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & UAE league are the best in middle east although I'm from Kuwait !
These are the leagues I thought should be added to. There are really good players in thee Middle Eastern leagues but they are not known because they dont go to Europe. They dont need to go to Europe because they earn more money and are stars in their leagues whereas in Europe they would just be another player.

phnompenhandy
11-06-2008, 21:38
Originally posted by Danny!!:
And also the Cook Islands Round Cup, the top league of the Cook Islands. I am suggesting this as it seems to be the only league in the world to not have been mentioned in this forum yet. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And I genuinly would enjoy having that league in the game just for the experience of a REALLY SMALL league, and maybe to take the Cook Islands national team to World Cup glory.

A fella over on the Editors Hideaway forum made a Fiji Islands database which includes players from all the Polynesian Islands. I had a short campaign, initially enjoying to 100% amateur and abysmal quality nature of it.

I'm sure if you do a search on Fiji (or 'Fidji' as he spelt it) you can download it too http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sevag
12-06-2008, 11:33
Improve the AFC Champions League by adding teams/leagues that can be managed. That should please the majority http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

DS
12-06-2008, 20:55
Yeah Asia is really the continent which needs more playable leagues.. Japan and the middle eastern leagues are all very strong and I would imagine there would be demand for the game in the middle eastern countries since they are becoming increasingly wealthy as time goes by.

Snakebite
14-06-2008, 03:56
I'm a Bradford Park Avenue fan so it would be great to see the Unibond leagues added and also the BGB and Ryman leagues.

Nick Balemans
05-07-2008, 03:41
Originally posted by DS:
Yeah Asia is really the continent which needs more playable leagues.. Japan and the middle eastern leagues are all very strong and I would imagine there would be demand for the game in the middle eastern countries since they are becoming increasingly wealthy as time goes by.

And while they're at it , add some leagues like the Uzbekistani and Turkmenistani, then you'll have most of the Asian leagues.

Linfield Fc
05-07-2008, 04:13
Northern Irish amuteur leagues

pelicanstuff
05-07-2008, 05:19
Would be nice to see Estonia, Egypt and Qatar among others. Please not US college soccer, it would be ridiculous - hundreds of players with amazing physical attributes but technically and mentally a pile of poo http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Frazza Pee
05-07-2008, 05:21
Originally posted by Snakebite:
I'm a Bradford Park Avenue fan so it would be great to see the Unibond leagues added and also the BGB and Ryman leagues.

If they do that they should add the Scottish Highland leagues.

JumbledSausage
05-07-2008, 07:21
It would be nice if there were ways to add leagues to the database ourselves...but I should imagine it would be rather complex from the software developers point of view.

Personally I echo those who want to see more detail in England (but being English is that a shock?).

Would also like to see more African representation, they really are the up-and-coming continent at the moment.

Zilan
06-07-2008, 09:35
Thai, Vietnam, Lower Malaysian League, saudi Arabia, Egyptian, Japan =)
Edit a Nations League, number of divisions, etc. =)

Oisin Harr
06-07-2008, 09:38
USL in America

follow the blind
06-07-2008, 15:30
i would love to see the angolan league added. Can you even imagine how cool that would be? i cant http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

srose74
06-07-2008, 19:02
Is there a chance that Ecuador will be added with the recent Copa Libertadores victory? Ecuador has a Serie A and Serie B that is decent and the top 4 or 5 clubs in Ecuador are good with some money now being thrown around in transfers.

qwert3
11-07-2008, 18:36
Kuwait

qatar

Scotty Walds
11-07-2008, 18:40
San Marino

yankee_ram
11-07-2008, 21:01
USL Div 1 and 2
Unibond/Ryman Premier
Wales 2nd Division

yCymro
11-07-2008, 21:04
Love to see

Cymru Alliance (Welsh 2nd Division - its a must SI!!!)
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
England below the Blue Square North / South
Scotland
Japan (C'mon SI get them back)!!!

Jonfun1980
11-07-2008, 21:05
All I want is the Welsh Div 1, Cyprus and J League.

Uquillas
12-07-2008, 02:26
I would like to see:

Ecuador: (2 world cup qualifications 2002 - 2006, Copa Libertadores Title 2008, Panamerican Games Gold Medal 2007), they really deserve a league in the game.

Paraguay: Monsters of South America, have won everything at club level.

More divisions for leagues like Argentina and Brazil.

Shiny223
12-07-2008, 06:51
The main one that I want is the USL Division 1. USA's second division, which is really of about the same quality as the MLS. AND it doesn't have the ridiculous draft and transfers system the MLS does. Hell, I would even be a scout for my local Portland Timbers if it happened - I'm sure they'd get loads of people to do it.

DS
12-07-2008, 07:52
I dont think those leagues will be added as it isnt much of a market. Anyway there are much stronger leagues which would also be bigger markets for the game and thus more likely for SI to add the leagues. Those would be Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE. Also I would like to see Egypt so there is another African league.

Scotty Walds
12-07-2008, 08:32
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=5253

Fernando Nano
12-07-2008, 10:03
J-League (Japan)

FlyMyPrettiesFly
12-07-2008, 10:15
The Unibond, British Gas and Ryman divisions in England. I'd love the chance to manage Halesowen Town :) Even if it's just the Premier of each of those three leagues it'd be fun.

The French CFA leagues as playable. Yes there is a ton of big club reserve teams in there, but I am sure fans would like to manage the smaller teams like Limoges.

I'd also love the leagues from the following:

Malta
Estonia
Latvia
Qatar - The chance to have some fine talent at your disposal and many ex-big names
Gilbratar - OK they are not a member of FIFA and there is the disupte with Spain over them, but why not? All three leagues there could be playable and it would be an interesting challenge.
Bosnia i Hezergovina
Cyprus
Even some of the regional leagues below the Australian A-League and Indian Premier would be interesting.

boGeY
12-07-2008, 12:39
I would love to have the J-League back.

tbradsha
12-07-2008, 13:23
I think that adding the Welsh 2nd division is a must, it would mean so many more people such as myself play in Wales. It would mean that for those again such as myself who enjoy long term games would be able to do this in Wales with the inclusion of promotion/relegation.

Agree with this, Welsh lower league would extend play.

Blanchflower1
12-07-2008, 15:27
I dont think those leagues will be added as it isnt much of a market. Anyway there are much stronger leagues which would also be bigger markets for the game and thus more likely for SI to add the leagues. Those would be Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE. Also I would like to see Egypt so there is another African league.

In the future, I am sure SI will add these leagues but I don't think it would be too soon yet on FM 09. Maybe on FM 2010, 2011 or beyond. We just have to be patient here. The addition of new leagues will require more computer power (for those wishing to run ALL leagues). The addition of new leagues is bound to increase.

Uquillas
12-07-2008, 18:38
Ecuador and Paraguay leagues.

nil-nil
12-07-2008, 20:36
Adding to the CONCACAF is necessary now with their Champions League forming. I'm tired of it coming down to mexico and usa all the time.

Also, NCAA and USL 1 and 2 would be cool. Adds depth to their drafting system.

Several people have mentioned the NCAA. While that seems intriguing to me, I can't image how you would be able to make it playable. I would just like to see the ability to set up our own leagues.

wez33
12-07-2008, 20:45
Im really hoping for more english leagues especially the Unibond premier as my team boston has been relegated to it but the clueless FA !

Cometdude
12-07-2008, 22:35
realistically the only other league I would play is the J league.

More divisions in England might be nice.

Frame
13-07-2008, 18:02
Anyway there are much stronger leagues which would also be bigger markets for the game and thus more likely for SI to add the leagues. Those would be Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE.

Those leagues would attract a bigger market.
I don't think they are of a better playing standard though.

BigRedMachine
13-07-2008, 18:31
Please leave the Conference North and South alone, some of us really enjoy playing as our local team and would be really upset if they were to disappear - why shouldn't we have the same enjoyment as the Liverpools and Man Uniteds?

FlyMyPrettiesFly
13-07-2008, 18:35
A long shot here, but why not some womens leagues?

US, England, Germany and a couple of Scandinavian leagues would be good for a test league in the womens game.

buzzing_hornet
13-07-2008, 18:58
Welsh 2nd tier please, as i've said in other threads it'll mean ALOT more people will play in Wales and mean a career game is much more viable.

Please don't say "if that gets added then add the Highland league" beacause until a pyramid system is formed in Scotland there's little point.

hjfh
13-07-2008, 19:34
I can't see the point of adding more South American leagues to be honest, even though they would be very interesting there wouldn't be a demand. I mean how many people do you see on these forums asking for advice for managing in the Peru leagues?

Although it would be really hard to do because of player attributes and because players come and go all the time, I would love to see the Southern and Ryman Leagues added.

mavericktangoII
13-07-2008, 21:06
I'd agree that we need the Welsh first div otherwise it's hard to get a career game going in Wales

Nene_Park_Faithfull
13-07-2008, 21:11
I'd agree that we need the Welsh first div otherwise it's hard to get a career game going in Wales

You say that asif its a bad thing

buzzing_hornet
13-07-2008, 21:19
Please leave the Conference North and South alone?

They aren't going are they ? Surely not !?!? I'd be VERY angry if they did get taken out.

rancer890
13-07-2008, 21:23
Please, SI, the USL, PDL, and CSL in FM09. The Southern and Ryman Leagues are unnecessary. There are enough English tiers in the game. There's only the MLS. I can't find any jobs as an umemployed Canadian manager. And MLS teams have feeder club teams in the USL, PDL, and CSL. I want 'true' LLM in the US and Canada.

buzzing_hornet
13-07-2008, 21:27
I would love to see the Southern and Ryman Leagues added.

Is that because the hatters are heading there ? :D

Please, SI, the USL, PDL, and CSL in FM09. The Southern and Ryman Leagues are unnecessary. There are enough English tiers in the game. There's only the MLS. I can't find any jobs as an umemployed Canadian manager. And MLS teams have feeder club teams in the USL, PDL, and CSL. I want 'true' LLM in the US and Canada.

What if people want "true LLM" in England ?

rancer890
13-07-2008, 21:33
What if people want "true LLM" in England ?

There's only one tier in the game in the US compared to 6 English tiers, and realistically it is easier to research a second tier US league than a 7th or 8th tier English league.

buzzing_hornet
13-07-2008, 21:46
Yes and that one tier is only really just getting off the ground so it's probably best not to get ahead of yourself just yet.

sean_lufc
13-07-2008, 21:48
Few more afican leagues would be nice like Egypt.

fabioke
13-07-2008, 22:02
Italian Serie D would be fantastic.

rancer890
13-07-2008, 22:04
Yes and that one tier is only really just getting off the ground so it's probably best not to get ahead of yourself just yet.

I just think that since the USL/PDL/CSL teams have the players who have at least similar quality as League 1 to Conference North/South, it should be in FM09. And SI has all the data on those leagues already so it's just making those leagues playable.

Phanus
13-07-2008, 22:04
the cypriot league should be in there

SCIAG
14-07-2008, 16:11
I honestly don't care if more leagues are added or not. Perhaps a few South American leagues.

lol at the thought that it would be easier to research the MLS second tier than the BSPN/S. There are far more supporters of the top English non-league teams than MLS 2 teams.

*probably

GoGa70
14-07-2008, 18:11
I just think that since the USL/PDL/CSL teams have the players who have at least similar quality as League 1 to Conference North/South

Actually, USL would be alot easier to manage - there is no real draft system (not anymore), fairly lax restriction on foreigners, no allocations. No buying/seliing - only trading. The player quality became alot better - most teams a quite a bit stronger than they were even 5 years ago since USL can pay to MLS rejects more sometimes.

CCSUltra
14-07-2008, 19:53
USL first division is about level with some lower Championship teams and the top League 1 teams. USL-2 is on par with League two, maybe lower league 1. Plus, there are already stats for all the players, the leagues just need to be made playable. As GoGa said, the league is way less complex than MLS is.

@buzzing_hornet - the USL leagues have been established and have had a foot-hold far longer than MLS has. The teams are doing well. USL-1 teams are starting to build 10k-15k seater stadiums. Things are looking up for LL football in the US.

Nicki
14-07-2008, 20:35

I completely agree with you, the USL leagues is a must.

kingkyle
15-07-2008, 06:19
I think there's enough South American teams. SI should look to add a couple more in Central America. Looking at league strength, you'd probably say the Costa Rican league needs to be there, but i'd LOVE to the El Salvador league added. If i had to only chose one, that would be it. Hopefully one day it happens :)

kingkyle
15-07-2008, 06:22
There's only one i'd love to see added, and thats the El Salvador league. I spend 99% of my FM time managing the Salvadoran national team. But managing a team in the national league would be a dream :D

karanfett
15-07-2008, 06:48
think the priority should be USL, followed by a few more south american leagues. really absolutely no need for more english leagues, there are already 6 tiers in there, atleast work on getting the other country's caught up on that.

Themistofelis
15-07-2008, 09:02
They can add all the leagues they want if they make the game much faster so we can have them active.

There are many threads asking for new leagues but honestly how many of you have ever managed a team from India ?

kiwityke
15-07-2008, 09:30
They can add all the leagues they want if they make the game much faster so we can have them active.

There are many threads asking for new leagues but honestly how many of you have ever managed a team from India ?

I once managed Bengally Sports Bank or what ever they were called and then got another job at an equally randomly named team. I also agree with you tho why add more leagues when I only realised the Belarus league was playable the other day.

DS
15-07-2008, 09:52
Those leagues would attract a bigger market.
I don't think they are of a better playing standard though.
Of course they are, good players from South American leagues end up going there. Thats why the leagues are of a better quality. Plus all good Middle Easter players stay there, these players are good enough to play in the top European leagues but they have no reason to since they are stars in the Middle East and get a good pay already and if they went to a top European league they would be just be another player.

kingkyle
15-07-2008, 10:29
Of course they are, good players from South American leagues end up going there. Thats why the leagues are of a better quality. Plus all good Middle Easter players stay there, these players are good enough to play in the top European leagues but they have no reason to since they are stars in the Middle East and get a good pay already and if they went to a top European league they would be just be another player.

IMO, the South American leagues are better in terms of talent, and have higher quality teams. The only reason that you see good players from other parts of the world go and play in the Middle East is for the $$$$$. It's as simple as that.

Marquez
15-07-2008, 11:12
I only want SI to add the feature to the editor that will let us create our leagues.

OCPD Manager
15-07-2008, 11:20
What about Female Football? :)

Monty_9
15-07-2008, 12:43
female football would be ridicolous in my opinion...not enough demand at all!

karanfett
18-07-2008, 06:53

India is a market of 1 billion, whereas Ryman clubs are a market of 10000-15000 at best. What makes more business sense for SI?

acidmonkey
18-07-2008, 07:25
because its not such a low market you make out as only people who support the club will manage them me and a lot of others would be happier manageing in lower levels of the english league than india or a usa league that has no promotion or relegation

Shiny223
18-07-2008, 14:13
because its not such a low market you make out as only people who support the club will manage them me and a lot of others would be happier manageing in lower levels of the english league than india or a usa league that has no promotion or relegation

I want to manage in the U.S, but with the USL Divisions instead of MLS. I think that would be loads of fun, about the same quality as the MLS, just less money around and no odd draft system. Probably wouldn't cost much to get licenses either. The league gets around 3k people (For some of the lesser teams, new teams and ***** teams like Seattle) to 10-13k like Portland and Montreal. Which I do believe is more than a lot of the lesser European teams..., like the Welsh Premier and some of the Slavic countries, etc...

DennisIran
18-07-2008, 14:37
Iranian league. We made it to the Club world Cup

We got one of the biggest Arenas Azadi Stadium that is always filled with Red Perspolis(Persepolis) fans to the max.

The derby betweeen Esteghlal and Perspolis is one of the worlds biggest derbys.

We got the money we got the fans. so why not the iranian league.

acidmonkey
18-07-2008, 14:53
Thing is its down to personal opinion as out of thousands or people who go to watch USL sides howmany will actually buy WSM? personally i couldnt care less what league are put in i dont play that many anyway as i lose intrest in games quite easily as in past month ive had games as Bayern, Shakhtar, Dinamo Moscow and currently im rangers, its just wrong as for the attendence figures bounced arround yea they sound good but the fact is the USA is a county way bigger than all European countries (individually im not sure per square mile if its bigger than europe id hazard a guess at yes) but Soccer is still seen by alot of americans (my dad included) to be ranked down in sports behind the big ones of NBA, NHL, NFL MLB. as far as imconcerned add them all in but if its done by choice you would rather have usa leagues in id rather have english leagues in, the welsh would rather welsh leagues etc.

duck my sick
18-07-2008, 17:08
USL
English Unibond

Juan
18-07-2008, 17:35
Venezuelan league, please?

ScorpioGol
18-07-2008, 18:17
I'd like to see the following leagues added:
Japan
Egypt
Ghana
Tunesia
Qatar
Saudi-Arabia

jod123
18-07-2008, 18:30
Japan, More African Leagues, More Leagues from the Middle East and New Zealand as one league from Oceania is needed.

NepentheZ
19-07-2008, 19:50
I'd just like to see them all added. It would certainly add variety :D

If anything though, I'd like to see more leagues in the English division. I know its hard due to not having researchers for these teams, but i'd love to see them.

5iver
20-07-2008, 05:15
We certainly need 1 or 2 Middle Eastern leagues in there. It would be an "interesting" experience for many players who would like to take over a team that has lots of money to spend on players (and usually 2-3 really good ones, mixed with the local boys <=== get this implimented somehow) and tring to sign good but mostly unambitious players who chase $$$.

First divisions for these leagues would suffice for the moment. Also based on SI's observation of quality of research, expand divisions available for countries where you saw ratings/reserach to have been of very high quality. Reward the researchers, and expand LLM games further.

Antonin
20-07-2008, 19:12
USL first division is about level with some lower Championship teams and the top League 1 teams. USL-2 is on par with League two, maybe lower league 1. Plus, there are already stats for all the players, the leagues just need to be made playable. As GoGa said, the league is way less complex than MLS is. Things are looking up for LL football in the US.

USL 2nd division, so I could play our local side, Cleveland City Stars. I realize that this is unlikely, but CCSUltra is very correct--the quality of USL2 is surprisingly good. At least as good as UK Conference level.

Other than that, I would love to see Ghana's top league in FM. A friend visited that country recently and brought back a load of newspapers, which really whetted my appetite. I'm very eager to test my managerial skills in Ghana!

aviera
21-07-2008, 06:54
J-League would be the only one I would even consider playing in.

agree.....egypt,algerian,nigerian,cameroon's league...so europe club have more to pick from :)

and New Zealand league....Thai....China....

Macedonian King
22-07-2008, 01:25
Macedonian league

Edilson Roach II
22-07-2008, 01:41
USA USL would be great, NCAA wouldnt be worth it, the MLS caps are enough without trying to work out how youre going to reload your team every 2 years :) and i'd be ****ed if i lost a player due to him failing to meet required GPA in science :p

oh and i want the j-league back

Shiny223
22-07-2008, 02:27
It seems like the ones most wanted are:

Lower level English leagues
USL1&2, PDL
J-League
Lower Welsh Leagues

Seeing as I think it is Konami owns the rights to J-League, can't see that happening. USL would be fairly simple, and would get plenty of researchers (I know loads that would help out for Timbers). I don't really know about the lower level English leagues, but I do know that at least some of the lower WPL clubs would be hardput to find researchers for their squad, although I'm sure there would be a league researcher who could fill that in.

Andy20
22-07-2008, 03:41
The Leicestershire Church League! LOL all joking aside... I think it would be awesome in a few years time if FM had the leagues just below Conference North and South. That would be a real rags to riches challenge! Someone with a ground capacity of about 300 and a wage budget of £800, bring it on :P

erimus
22-07-2008, 16:24
Anyone remember a few years ago, you could manage an American A-League side as well as the MLS teams? Im not sure what everyone else thinks of the idea but i believe it would be good if the USL 1st and 2nd Division were added in as playable leagues in FM09. At the moment the following teams are playing in the USL 1st Division:

Atlanta Silverbacks
Carolina Railhawks
Charleston Battery
Miami FC
Minnesota Thunder
Montreal Impact
Portland Timbers
Puerto Rico Islanders
Rochester Rhinos
Seattle Sounders
Vancouver Whitecaps

and within the next few years, the following two teams will also be competing in the USL 1st Division:

Austin Aztex (2009)
Tampa Bay Rowdies (2010)

Ive just spent the last few hours updating all the USL in fm08 just so its up to date in my games even though its impossible to play. I would quite like to have the chance to manage the Rochester Rhinos and even Crystal Palace Baltimore in the USL 2nd Division. The following teams are in the USL 2nd Division:

Bermuda Hogges (Owned by Shaun Goater)
Charlotte Eagles
Cleveland City Stars
Crystal Palace Baltimore (Owned by Crystal Palace)
Harrisburg City Islanders
Pittsburgh Riverhounds
Real Maryland Monarchs
Richmond Kickers
Western Mass Pioneers
Wilmington Hammerheads

Go Stingrays
22-07-2008, 16:52
I've been to see the Charlotte Eagles play. Very interesting to hear music being played during the game to get the crowd chanting.

Shiny223
22-07-2008, 17:07
I've got a season ticket to the Portland Timbers. :D Would love to see them in the game.

CCSUltra
22-07-2008, 23:56
I'm a season ticket holder for Cleveland. It would be very fun to manage them in the game.

Harryseaess
23-07-2008, 00:02
I would like this to be included in the game as I love managing in the MLS in FM08. It's good to see that you have shown that you are very interested in this by researching all the names of the teams and that you have spent the last few hours updating the FM08 database.

CCSUltra
23-07-2008, 00:04
If anyone is interested and you're on facebook, search for this group: Football Manager/WSM Data Research Team (MLS/USL/CSL)

Harryseaess
23-07-2008, 00:13
I will log on a search now :).

sydfc4ever
23-07-2008, 05:12
since there is no promotion to the MLS I can't see this happening (bit like the state leagues here in Australia).

i've seen a couple of guys build multi-tier American leagues with those clubs, that might be your best bet

Bristol CityFC1981
23-07-2008, 14:34
Would love the next level in England, also Welsh 1st Division.

Would also like to see EVERY national team playable.

KakaKaka
23-07-2008, 15:47
You mention the research needed. But when you load palyers from a nation then they already have the palyers so surely it would jsut be a case of making it into a league.

Scotty Walds
23-07-2008, 16:14
It's not that simple. You'd have to get all regulations included, make sure all the clubs' squads are accurate and CA levels are relatively in sync with the real world

illuminaut
23-07-2008, 16:16
I'd also like to see the missing South-American leagues, especially Bolivia and Venezuela, but what SI should really do instead of spending time to add more leagues is coming up with an API that allows outside programmers (us) to create their own leagues. It may be initially hard to do, but in the long run you'd save a lot of time and resources and everybody wins - the community would quickly create even the most obscure leagues for anybody to plug in if they want, and SI isn't tied up researching and programming the Botswanian 3rd division.

Ryan,,,
23-07-2008, 16:46
The Sussex County leagues. Some of the best teams in the world are in there, Arundel, Shoreham, Mile Oak, the list goes on, even down to Bexhill United in the Third Division!

glamdring
23-07-2008, 17:09
Faroe Islands is the only new league that would excite me, but more depth in Wales, Norway and England would be very nice.

jmcc84
23-07-2008, 17:54
Brazilian 4th Division

CCSUltra
23-07-2008, 18:49
People forget that the USL used to be playable back when Eidos was putting out the old game

macca69
23-07-2008, 18:55
I think more leagues will become available due to the Beckhamisation of American football.

GaAsBaN
23-07-2008, 19:11
I'd like to see it, even without promotion/relegation. I go to Minnesota Thunder games regularly.

Bechkamisation, lol, good term. He is bringing more attention to soccer, ahem, football here in the US, though, which is good for everyone, right? Right?!

Kill Rock Stars
23-07-2008, 19:23
one possibility would be if si added in the structure for lots of extra leagues, but left them blank, so that people could add the players later. as it is, people have done the research for leagues such as egypt, but currently have to replace an existing league in order to add it in

leedsfan88
23-07-2008, 20:35
The new irish league its a third division effectfully, Made up of junior teams and reserve teams. Its really good for the local lads to put themselves in the shop window. its only just started

erimus
23-07-2008, 20:52
The USL has to be a must!!!

CCSUltra
24-07-2008, 00:11
The Thunder are really having a rough season this year, eh?

Were you there for the Open Cup game against Cleveland?

rednwhites
24-07-2008, 00:14
Why were these leagues taken out?

avstwentyone
24-07-2008, 03:39
The Welsh leagues for sure - just to make it more complete from a LLM point of view.

As for new leagues - The Faroes, the Baltic states and other European leagues that are under represented or not represented at all (Georgia, Moldova, Albania, etc.)

Shiny223
24-07-2008, 06:08

Portland have been having a rough time as well. But we just re-signed Byron Alvarez, so we're going to dominate again. :D Timbers franchise leading goal-scorer for the win!

As for why they were taken out, not too sure, to be honest. Lots of people seem to want them, I know at least six or seven who would buy the game if it had the USL leagues in it.

kiwityke
24-07-2008, 06:42
If people want the leagues adding I don't see why they shouldn't be added. It would make managing in the USA more attractive due to the increased player base, and potential for feeder teams etc.

I would also like either the league here in NZ adding or the state leagues in Oz for the exact same reason as above.

MSCCG
24-07-2008, 11:47
NCAA and PDL leagues are more important! Because american youth development is a very important part of their sports.

Ryan,,,
24-07-2008, 11:50
I'm confused though. What is the point of having weird names after the club names like "Bears" or something like that?

And i know it would be good, but, what is the point as you can't get promoted, so even if your club won the league for ten years in a row, they wouldn't progress anywhere, maybe win the Open cup, but that's all.

erimus
24-07-2008, 16:03
Ive updated the USL (both divisions) in my games to be as accurate as possible. I really hope it gets included in fm09.

CCSUltra
24-07-2008, 18:15
@ MSCCG - adding the NCAA would be one of the stupidest things SI could do. The USL is more important to American soccer than college.

And to my knowledge, the leagues were removed because the guy in charge of American research didn't want to devote as much time to the leagues.

Shiny223
24-07-2008, 18:52
I'm confused though. What is the point of having weird names after the club names like "Bears" or something like that?

And i know it would be good, but, what is the point as you can't get promoted, so even if your club won the league for ten years in a row, they wouldn't progress anywhere, maybe win the Open cup, but that's all.

First off, that is how most things are done in American sports, it is just a different culture. As for the not getting promoted, you are right, they wouldn't progress to the so-called 'highest' level in America. It is quite different than any other league in that the two are separate entities, and the quality level is almost the same, the USL just doesn't recieve the treatment the MLS does, mostly because of money-related issues. And, as a matter of fact, the Open Cup now gives Concacaf Champion's League I believe, so there is that. :)

Its just like playing in any other lower-quality league, the MLS doesn't really have anything to do with the USL.

GaAsBaN
24-07-2008, 19:05

I did not see them play Cleveland.

I did see them play host to Burnley FC, which was pretty sweet. I REALLY want to get over to England and see a game at Wembley or Old Trafford.

reo hustler
24-07-2008, 20:02

I don't know? Why are they called the Red Devils? What is the point?

http://www.premierleague.com/page/manchester-united

Ever heard of a nickname? That's what those Americans do. They include the nickname unlike Englishmen. However, just about all clubs have nicknames. Ever heard of Spurs? Cules? Los Blancos?

Hauler24
24-07-2008, 20:08
Well there is a promotion system in place in the USL.

Gauvner
24-07-2008, 20:43
I don't know? Why are they called the Red Devils? What is the point?

http://www.premierleague.com/page/manchester-united

Ever heard of a nickname? That's what those Americans do. They include the nickname unlike Englishmen. However, just about all clubs have nicknames. Ever heard of Spurs? Cules? Los Blancos?

indeed every club has a nickname even the mighty Chesterfield is called the Spireites!

But i think the question the person asked meant more of why is there the nicknames in the full name.

E.g. Manchester United not Manchester Red Devils United or "Real Madrid Los Blancos" rather than Real Madrid. All teams outside of the US have a full name then a nickname.... The Americans seem to add full name and nickname together Like Portland Timbers or what else.

But why though

CCSUltra
24-07-2008, 21:07
It's just part of American culture.

reo hustler
24-07-2008, 21:14

indeed every club has a nickname even the mighty Chesterfield is called the Spireites!

But i think the question the person asked meant more of why is there the nicknames in the full name.

E.g. Manchester United not Manchester Red Devils United or "Real Madrid Los Blancos" rather than Real Madrid. All teams outside of the US have a full name then a nickname.... The Americans seem to add full name and nickname together Like Portland Timbers or what else.

But why though

Yeah but that's the full name of the American club. You say, Manchester "United." Well, the Americans say New York "Yankees." The nickname of the New York club could be classified as "yankees" or "yanks." However, if you look on a map, you won't see Real Madrid, New York Yankees, and Manchester United. You'll see Manchester, Madrid, and New York.

If United, Yankees, or Real aren't classified as "nicknames" then I don't know what a nickname is . . .

Amusing how hypocritical people are . . .

sydfc4ever
25-07-2008, 00:42
it's a means of identification and unity, we use it here is Australia (i.e. Central Coast Mariners), plus, the English actually do this also (Leeds Rhinos in Rugby League, London Wasps in Union).

personally i love it, wish my Sydney FC team had a decent nickname.

Sydney FC06
25-07-2008, 06:37
I think it would be more important to add leagues such as the forthcoming Australian Youth League before something like the USL. If they have nothing better to do and add it, then I would recommend they consider the Aus state leagues and NZ leagues, because they are all at pretty much the same feeble level! Personally I'm happy with all the leagues that are currently in the game and don't see the need for extras!

Sydney FC06
25-07-2008, 06:46
If push comes to shove- screw the pathetic American lower leagues (would be a complete waste of time) and add the almost-interesting New Zealand league along with the option to expand the Aussie A-League to 12 teams in 2012!

If your a Canadian or American and can't get a "job" on FM in the Americas- there is a big wide world out there waiting for your exploration (something many seem to forget). Try starting in one of the Latin leagues such as Argentina and Brazil.... or try one of the small teams in the MLS (there are plenty to choose from)

Herter
25-07-2008, 06:57
Faroe Islands

kiwityke
25-07-2008, 09:35
personally i love it, wish my Sydney FC team had a decent nickname.

You do Bling FC is the funniest nickname I have ever heard of...

Gauvner
25-07-2008, 15:35
Yeah but that's the full name of the American club. You say, Manchester "United." Well, the Americans say New York "Yankees." The nickname of the New York club could be classified as "yankees" or "yanks." However, if you look on a map, you won't see Real Madrid, New York Yankees, and Manchester United. You'll see Manchester, Madrid, and New York.

If United, Yankees, or Real aren't classified as "nicknames" then I don't know what a nickname is . . .

Ive been proven wrong... Congratulations :)

Shiny223
25-07-2008, 18:57
I think it would be more important to add leagues such as the forthcoming Australian Youth League before something like the USL. If they have nothing better to do and add it, then I would recommend they consider the Aus state leagues and NZ leagues, because they are all at pretty much the same feeble level! Personally I'm happy with all the leagues that are currently in the game and don't see the need for extras!

New Zealand's league can't hold up anywhere near the USL1. Our Portland Timber's manager, Gavin Wilkinson, is a kiwi and he rates it at barely in USL-2. Of course, we have signed two top scorers from there, namely Bryan Little and Benji Totori and Bryan's not getting any time out on the pitch, and Totori hasn't either (Cause he is injured :P) neither of them have scored yet.

I can honestly say that I think more people will buy the game if the USL Division is in it, as for the Aussie State Leagues and New Zealand leagues, can't really say the same.

I can see why you are fine with it, you can manage Sydney F.C. ;)

Jason the Yank
26-07-2008, 05:19
Some of you lads really ought to go over to SI's new Football Forum on these very boards and chime in on the MLS thread.

It says MLS in the subject line, but we talk about USL (mostly Timbers and Silverbacks because of posters from Portland and Atlanta) and the national team also. :)

goldman
26-07-2008, 15:43
Kuwait,Qatar,Saudi,Tunisia,Egypt.

GoGa70
26-07-2008, 16:21
If push comes to shove- screw the pathetic American lower leagues (would be a complete waste of time) and add the almost-interesting New Zealand league

LOL NZ league is about the level of PDL in the US, what's the point?

GoGa70
26-07-2008, 16:24
Benji Totori

This guy is ****-poor, just trots around and does nothing. I can't understand why Portland would sign him

Shiny223
26-07-2008, 18:49
This guy is ****-poor, just trots around and does nothing. I can't understand why Portland would sign him

I think he's going to be a bit of an impact sub, from what I've seen of him, he does have a nice bit of pace. Not the greatest skills, though. Doesn't really matter though, he is out for the season with a knee injury I think it is, and he was only on a year's contract, don't know if he'll come back. Bryan little has been a decent player however, I think he should be getting more playing time than he is currently.

Legionaire
27-07-2008, 20:32
fifam doesnt have the same amount of real world data, but it leave many unresearched league playable by using fake player.

in fm many league are half-researched but not able to play or view, like those appeared in the national team domestic club panel

maybe these league can at least gain a viewable status

and also it would be happy to see that every europe and south america nations at least have their top division

Drunk Beware
27-07-2008, 20:44
one possibility would be if si added in the structure for lots of extra leagues, but left them blank, so that people could add the players later. as it is, people have done the research for leagues such as egypt, but currently have to replace an existing league in order to add it in

That is the easiest and best option IMO.

Oobeish
27-07-2008, 20:48
would love to play lithuanian, latvian, estonian leagues even with fake players, although when I choose to load all players from those nations when starting a new game there's already loads of researched players.

Leezoid
28-07-2008, 13:32
USL please

Ossei
29-07-2008, 02:26
This is why:

- adding the possibility to add leagues with the editor
- adding the possibility to manage clubs from other nations, even with grey players

could offer some workaround for those who can't find their favourite league in the game.

End of debate. Then all can have their favourite leagues.

I'd personally like to see:

Egypt
Tunisia
Ghana
Nigeria
Algeria
CIV

5_is_better_than_3
29-07-2008, 05:13

Real actually stands for Royal.

reo hustler
29-07-2008, 06:50
Real actually stands for Royal.

That is true. Are you saying it's not a nickname? I hear people call them "Real" all the time.

Also, why are you translating it? No one questioned it . . .

weeman
29-07-2008, 07:39
i want the buying players more like real life, the manager usally gives the chairman a list of players and he goes out and sees who he can get , its the way most clubs work in the top leagues anyway! i would love to see this added

SCIAG
29-07-2008, 09:05
I know a few people (not sport fans) who call every team like the New York Yankees. If I hear the words "Reading Royals" or "Arsenal Gunners/Gooners" once more...

Manchester United isn't a nick name, it's firstly a way of telling them apart from City, and secondly saying that when the team was formed, it made Manchester "United" (except for City). Leeds or Newcastle would be better examples...

reo hustler
29-07-2008, 10:02
I know a few people (not sport fans) who call every team like the New York Yankees. If I hear the words "Reading Royals" or "Arsenal Gunners/Gooners" once more...

Oh well . . .

Manchester United isn't a nick name, it's firstly a way of telling them apart from City, and secondly saying that when the team was formed, it made Manchester "United" (except for City). Leeds or Newcastle would be better examples...

I love the history regarding the team as well but I'm afraid it's still a nickname (united). Nice try though . . .

5_is_better_than_3
30-07-2008, 02:44
That is true. Are you saying it's not a nickname? I hear people call them "Real" all the time.

Also, why are you translating it? No one questioned it . . .
No its not a nickname. The actuel name is Madrid Royal Football Club,dosnt the badge have the crown on it? I dont believe Real is a nickname,its just there way of sayin Royal. Los Blancos, Los Merengues are the nicknames and they translate into,The Whites and the The Jambs so really there nickname is The Whites, not the Royal or the Royalists or whatever.

Danny!!
30-07-2008, 08:57
I would not mind playing as Miami FC at all! I don't really follow the MLS, (Since the two Florida state teams got kicked out of it.).. So seeing the USL would be great.

reo hustler
30-07-2008, 10:07
No its not a nickname. The actuel name is Madrid Royal Football Club,dosnt the badge have the crown on it? I dont believe Real is a nickname,its just there way of sayin Royal. Los Blancos, Los Merengues are the nicknames and they translate into,The Whites and the The Jambs so really there nickname is The Whites, not the Royal or the Royalists or whatever.

Think about what you're saying. If I refer to them as real, united, or yankees then that's a nickname. Do you understand? It's a shorter way of referring to those teams. If you read Wiki or something else then they won't state it as an "official" nickname recognized by the club. However, the discussion we are having is why teams add say "united" or "yankees" or "real" to names when they are supposed to just represent a city for that particular club. The official name of the New York Yankees is "New York Yankees." That would be no different than "Real Madrid Club de Fútbol" or "Manchester United Football Club" since nothing could be technically categorized as a particular nickname. We don't call them by those names though . . .

If someone said real, united, or yankees and you don't know who they are referring to then I can't help you. When people are discussing football and they say real, I don't think of the queen. If they say united, I don't think of Newcastle. If they say yankees, I actually think of Americans. LoL! I'm sure you get the point though . . .

By the way, it may be all different in another language. I'm referring to these teams in English terms. If you are the play by play announcer for Real, you aren't going to say, "we have Royal Madrid at new field (Camp Nou) for today's game." No one refers to these teams or stadiums in that way . . .

glenn28m
30-07-2008, 13:27
I think that maltese football teams in FM09 although they can be viewed and also one can buy players should be playable as a league as there are other playable leagues such as Indonesia,India and other places round the globe.

I also think that you should be able to manage them aswell which i think would give alot more versatlility.

Does anyone see if it is a good idea, beacause I am a Maltese fan of this game and it would be really nice if i can also play with my favourite team in the Maltese League.

:D

Mike7077
30-07-2008, 13:44
There are fans of lots of countries who would probably like to see their domestic leagues become playable. I'm not sure why SI should prioritise Malta, and I doubt they would.

As it is, there is a rather large thread on this matter. It would seem, disappointingly, that SI have no plans to add new playable leagues in the near future. But when they do, I'd be surprised if Malta got in ahead of a number of African leagues and even some of the remaining Eastern European ones.

Tyler42
30-07-2008, 16:00
I loved the year FM added the Icelandic division but if you play in the Icelandic Divisions for 10+ years it gets really boring being a 10 Times champion and still a Semi-Professional team :/

I'm going to be honest and say I've never played any other divisions than England - Italy- Spain- Iceland and Russia.

adamjdyer
30-07-2008, 16:08
I always get fed up of waiting for a player to finish his loan contract at another team before he comes to my team. Maybe in the future versions of FM there will be an opportunity to offer the loan club some money to terminate the players loan contract early.

Scotty Walds
30-07-2008, 16:22
I always get fed up of waiting for a player to finish his loan contract at another team before he comes to my team. Maybe in the future versions of FM there will be an opportunity to offer the loan club some money to terminate the players loan contract early.
Wrong thread, but you only have to wait for the loan to end if there is no recall clause in the loan deal. If the loan deal does have a recall clause, the transfer should happen immediately (if inside a transfer window).

dcarter36
31-07-2008, 22:07
USL 1st division
Japan
Thailand
Saudi Arabia
Jamaica
Morocco
Haitian
Vietnamese
Algeria

glenn28m
01-08-2008, 09:02
I would like to see MALTA

Malta Premiership
Malta 1st Division
Malta 2nd Division
Malta 3rd Division

Nelson84
03-09-2008, 02:09
"No more small teams" huh ? :-D

With the new CONCACAF Champions League debuting this year, and many surprise outfits doing just great in the qualifying round, I think now would be a good time to try and expand the northern american database a little bit ^^

The Canadians now have a proper domestic league going (and a separate championship for their big three), the continental competitions are starting to actually look good ... football's gone a step up over there :-)

If you don't believe me, switch to Fox Soccer Channel ! I'm watching the game between New England Revs and Joe Public (from Trinidad & Tobago) right now. The triniteans have a 2 goals lead (away !) and are now leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Football in the CONCACAF is no longer just about the US and Mexico :-) teams from Panama, Costa Rica and such are also achieving big results !

I know it's difficult to actually get good info and complete databases for those countries, but if you can get the scouts and licenses for Malaysia, there must be a way to do something about Costa Rica, T&T or Jamaica...

Beware
03-09-2008, 02:14
They don't even have all the teams from USA :P Once they add the USL leagues, I think then it would be good to go onto the smaller nations.

dankrzyz
03-09-2008, 02:18
I agree. There's some very exciting soccer being played in N and S America these days, not all by the larger countries or traditional powers.

rancer890
03-09-2008, 02:46
I would love to have the USL, CSL, and PDL.:D

And thank you Joe Public for beating up the Revs. My TFC always lose to them:(

sheeshy
03-09-2008, 02:57
It's called football. Not soccer.

dankrzyz
03-09-2008, 02:59
Not where I am. (I apologize, I slipped.)

sheeshy
03-09-2008, 03:01
Not where I am. (I apologize, I slipped.)

Fair enough!

rancer890
03-09-2008, 03:05
Us Canadians and Americans know we're on a British forum and all, but we can't help calling 'football' soccer. We were grown up calling the sport 'soccer'.:)

MUPPET.JMR
03-09-2008, 04:43
Us Canadians and Americans know we're on a British forum and all, but we can't help calling 'football' soccer. We were grown up calling the sport 'soccer'.:)

i get weird looks at school and around town cause here in australia and from talking to european people etc. i call it FOOTBALL.

sydfc4ever
03-09-2008, 05:05
We were grown up calling the sport 'soccer'.:)

I'm guessing you weren't brought up speaking English though huh? ;)

Just taking the p**s mate! No offence!

i get weird looks at school and around town cause here in australia and from talking to european people etc. i call it FOOTBALL.

I know what you mean mate, being brought up by an Italian father and an English mother I've always called the great game football, but some stupid reason Australians called that aerial ping-pong game football, sacrilege!!

sydfc4ever
03-09-2008, 05:06
oh, and yes, i agree, more leagues in North America would be great!

dankrzyz
03-09-2008, 05:41
Football, obviously, is played by throwing the ball with your hands. Duh! ;)

dankrzyz
03-09-2008, 05:42
Sorry about hijacking the thread. So, about more NAmer and SAmer clubs in the game...

greekmike
04-09-2008, 01:46
Dear Miles (if this gets to you lol)

I have long been an fan of the football manager series, even in its days as championship manager... i even bought champ man italia.

However for the past 3 years ive emailed and put into forums of the addition for a cypriot league, The cypriot nation is rising in football stature. especially on the international level including a 5-2 drubbing of ROI and a draw with Germany. Also Anorthosi Famagusta made the uefa cup proper! Plus this year Anorthosi are in teh Champions Cup proper while Apoel and Omonia are in the Uefa cup proper. I therefore see no reason why not to add this league when lower leagues such as slovenia, slovakia, egypt, korea, china, polish, japan, welsh, irish, belgium, Indonesia, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Peru and im sure more to mention if i was to open a new game now.

What i propose is to allow me and my cousin the chance to scout these leagues for you. We are very serious about this offer and would very much like the chance to talk to Miles regarding this posibility. We would take it very seriously. including going to training sessions, press conferences, attending matches, and much more needed to scout these leagues for you.

Please do not discard this email as i am very serious after talking to my cousin about this option.

Many thanks

Michael Droushiotis

nots
04-09-2008, 02:15
good luck :thup:

i think there are a couple of leagues in the game that are not included which should be

PMLF
04-09-2008, 03:09
It's surely about time a couple of new leagues, especially from Asia and Africa, are added into the game.

millsy1982
04-09-2008, 03:21

I have long been an fan of the football manager series, even in its days as championship manager... i even bought champ man italia.

However for the past 3 years ive emailed and put into forums of the addition for a cypriot league, The cypriot nation is rising in football stature. especially on the international level including a 5-2 drubbing of ROI and a draw with Germany. Also Anorthosi Famagusta made the uefa cup proper! Plus this year Anorthosi are in teh Champions Cup proper while Apoel and Omonia are in the Uefa cup proper. I therefore see no reason why not to add this league when lower leagues such as slovenia, slovakia, egypt, korea, china, polish, japan, welsh, irish, belgium, Indonesia, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Peru and im sure more to mention if i was to open a new game now.

What i propose is to allow me and my cousin the chance to scout these leagues for you. We are very serious about this offer and would very much like the chance to talk to Miles regarding this posibility. We would take it very seriously. including going to training sessions, press conferences, attending matches, and much more needed to scout these leagues for you.

Please do not discard this email as i am very serious after talking to my cousin about this option.

Many thanks

Michael Droushiotis

Good luck to you, though don't expect SI to pay your expenses ;). I do agree that the Cypriot league would be a welcome addition to the Football Manager family. Hey when I get posted out there next April, I might even give you a hand.

rancer890
04-09-2008, 03:28
Since this thread is taking about new leagues, might I recommend...

the United Soccer Leagues

All the players are already in the database. All that's left is making the league playable.:)

So please SI, make USL playable in FM09.:)

nots
04-09-2008, 04:49
Since this thread is taking about new leagues, might I recommend...

the United Soccer Leagues

All the players are already in the database. All that's left is making the league playable.:)

So please SI, make USL playable in FM09.:)

this may sound stupid but...
is the USL the second division of MLS??

Carl_272
04-09-2008, 04:57
I'd like to see Malta and Egypt in a new FM game.

jod123
04-09-2008, 05:00
this may sound stupid but...
is the USL the second division of MLS??

There is no promotion/relegation to and from the MLS. I think it is just another league in USA.

Millie
04-09-2008, 14:00
I agree with you in the sense that Cyprus is a growing league that should be featured, however:

[...] belgium [...]

Really? I think there's a little bias there. :) Standard Liege, Royal Antwerp, Anderlecht, Cercle Brugge... ;)

The Japanese and Koreans might also take umbridge. :D

Good luck with the project though, and I hope you get somewhere with it.

fabioke
04-09-2008, 14:04
I always manage in Belgium its cool because you can buy every non eu player in the world the only thing that bugs me is that the league reputation isn't flexible. Even if I win ten times the champions league in a row with Standard Liege no good player will come to my team(is this fixed in fm09?).

Herter
04-09-2008, 14:28
I'mm boykot FM until the Faroe Islands league is introduced!!!

Not really, but I'd like them to add it ;)

I\'m Brian (and so is my wife!)
04-09-2008, 14:34
I always manage in Belgium its cool because you can buy every non eu player in the world the only thing that bugs me is that the league reputation isn't flexible. Even if I win ten times the champions league in a row with Standard Liege no good player will come to my team(is this fixed in fm09?).

How can one win the Champions League with a Belgian team if 'no good player will come to your team'????
Let alone 10 times in a row!

jod123
04-09-2008, 15:27

Many thanks

Michael Droushiotis

I agree that Cyprus should be in the game but some of the leagues you mentioned are not either (Egypt and Japan). Also the leagues you mentioned as lower, some of them are certainly not. Certainly Belgium, Korea and Poland are not lower, they are higher. There are also others that I would consider equal to Cyprus especially Ireland (maybe biased because I'm Irish ;)).

Credit to you for being willing to research the Cypriot league, though. :thup:

icebelg
04-09-2008, 15:40
Croatian 3rd divisions + Bosnian 1st, Cyprus, Japanese and some minor leagues like Malta, San Marino, Faroe Islands, andora...

Gogotte
04-09-2008, 15:44
French CFA and african leagues such as tunisia, marocco, ivory coast

Frame
04-09-2008, 15:48
I therefore see no reason why not to add this league when lower leagues such as slovenia, slovakia, egypt, korea, china, polish, japan, welsh, irish, belgium, Indonesia, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Peru and im sure more to mention if i was to open a new game now.

Of those leagues you mentioned only Indonesia, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Wales and Ireland are leagues of lower quality than the Cypriot one.

adamku
04-09-2008, 16:44
The J-League, but i doubt its gonna happen in the near future as i think another game has the licences.

nehpets81
04-09-2008, 16:54
The J-League, but i doubt its gonna happen in the near future as i think another game has the licences.

Apparently Konami do (I think)

Sorry for being a bit ignorant about this, but can this be worked around? Calling the league/clubs another (similar) name or something?

Millie
04-09-2008, 17:02
I think we're already pushing our luck having the Bundesliga. :D

SnK41.int
04-09-2008, 17:10
French CFA plz

dankrzyz
04-09-2008, 17:13
The Bolivian Sixth Division, please.

DMaster2
04-09-2008, 20:13
Italian Serie D, a new experience for LLM

greekmike
04-09-2008, 20:45
How about the cypriot league. I have sed in many posts that sigames needs to add this league in.. if we are going on how good the nation is. Cypriot teams are now becoming known throughout europe.. especially this season as we have a team in the champions league proper and two in the uefa cup. Also on the international scene we have beaten the rep of ireland (5-2.. thank you).. holding germany 2 a draw, and nearly qualifying for the euro's.

also to everyone who wants italy serie D and those nations who wants the 4th 5th and 6th tiers in.. why stop there lets add english sunday league, and eglish secondary schools... hell why not get them while there young and get some under 6 teams!

cumon people.. lets get realistic!

Reggae Boyz
04-09-2008, 20:58
Apparently Konami do (I think)

Sorry for being a bit ignorant about this, but can this be worked around? Calling the league/clubs another (similar) name or something?

I raised this argument some time ago: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=13269

03bault
04-09-2008, 21:15
The Watford Friendly League
Botswanan Conference
Papa New Guinea A-League

rancer890
04-09-2008, 21:17
sydfc4ever: to be fair English wasn't my first language:p

Also, how about adding the Andorran or Luxembourg leagues?:D

goo
04-09-2008, 22:13
wow..i live in Canada and never knew there was a fooball league here, all i know is that Toronto FC plays in the MLS http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I want to see the Saudi League since Saudi Arabia is a country thats been qualifying constantly to the world cup (since 1990) and im curious to know how their league is..

There isn't a national league
yes the CSL exists but I wouldn't call it national considering there are only teams in Ontario and Quebec, I would call this a regional league. Vancouver and Montreal have teams int USL which is the 2nd division of football in Canada and USA football.

The quality is not very good in the CSL, Toronto FC's under 18 team has only been around for two years and fairs ok in the league despite the fact that they are competing with men. Also the league is not very popular, I live in St. Catherines were one of the teams compete and I can remember a couple instances were I have ever heard of anyone discussing the team.

rancer890
04-09-2008, 22:20
There isn't a national league
yes the CSL exists but I wouldn't call it national considering there are only teams in Ontario and Quebec, I would call this a regional league. Vancouver and Montreal have teams int USL which is the 2nd division of football in Canada and USA football.

The quality is not very good in the CSL, Toronto FC's under 18 team has only been around for two years and fairs ok in the league despite the fact that they are competing with men. Also the league is not very popular, I live in St. Catherines were one of the teams compete and I can remember a couple instances were I have ever heard of anyone discussing the team.

I know the CSL is a terrible league but wouldn't mind managing there!:D

And how about the Premier Developmental League (PDL)? The long and forgotten Toronto Lynx play there.:)

Svenc
04-09-2008, 22:20
Here's an idea. Rather than squeezing most of the data stuff hardcoded into the game, how about a re-vamp and a proper editing tool that allows players to add, change and fiddle around with leagues on their own? Sure, might take a away a selling point or some. But would also make for another too. ;)

goo
05-09-2008, 08:11
I know the CSL is a terrible league but wouldn't mind managing there!:D

And how about the Premier Developmental League (PDL)? The long and forgotten Toronto Lynx play there.:)

seriously why would SI put a lower level league in that doesn't have a promotion/demotion option. It's like them putting in Sunday league teams from England (probably better then PDL)

fabioke
05-09-2008, 08:25
I wouldn't even mind if real players would be mixed with fictional ones in those obscure leagues and country's. The most important thing is that the clubs and league structure are correct. Once the league is added there will be enough volunteers I guess. Maybe Fm is going to surprise us afterall. :( I can't wait for Fm 09 anymore just two days have passed.

redstar12
05-09-2008, 08:40
australian state league

Kewell08
05-09-2008, 08:47
French CFA plz
Already in there I think you'll find.

LeoVieira
05-09-2008, 08:48
Brazilian state leagues lower divisions
Saudi Arabia
UAE
Qatar
Uzbekhstan (isn't there where Rivaldo is playing now?)
Ivory Coast
Nigeria
Ghana
Morocco
Angola
Egypt
and of course Salomon Islands

Millie
05-09-2008, 10:10
Already in there I think you'll find.

It's only playable if you get relegated into it though.

Wijnand fens
05-09-2008, 10:29
lower leagues from the Netherlands

chrissawyer21
05-09-2008, 10:33
I would like to have all the:

Unibond leagues
Ryman Leagues
Southern Leagues

Hidd3N
05-09-2008, 10:43
Cyprus and Greek 3rd division

Wijnand fens
05-09-2008, 10:53
Favorites:
Thailand!!!
Qatar!!!!

All european countries (lituania, albanie, montenegro, Cyprus, luxemburg, andorra, san marino, Liechtenstein, macedonia, georgia, kazachstan, Moldavia, Bosnia, faroes, )

African nations
Morocco
Egypt
Nigeria
Ivory Coast
Ghana
Togo
Angola
cameroon
Algeria

Asia:
Saudi Arabia

Oceanie
New Sealand

icebelg
05-09-2008, 11:01
Croatian 3rd divisions - it would be a great experience for LLM.

nehpets81
05-09-2008, 11:01
I raised this argument some time ago: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=13269

Thanks for that - an interesting read.

Back on topic, I would like to see a Qatar league awash with cash where you could entice the past it/greedy talent.

ahmed7320
05-09-2008, 11:13
I think the Egyptian league should be found Egypt won the Africa Nations Championship for two Egypt 2006and Ghana 2008
such as Al-Ahli team arrived for African Champions League final last 3 times and got the Cup twice and reached the center in the third world championship for clubs, I believe that the League must be found in fm09

Spagbol
05-09-2008, 17:28
I want Thailand in so I can manage Thailand Tobacco Monopoly FC like I did in FM07 with a league update someone did :(

I wonder if you're allowed to smoke in the stands there?

Martins
05-09-2008, 17:32
Latvia
Lithuania
Estonia

+ Baltic League :)

simon07
05-09-2008, 22:51
high profile afican countries (eg nigeria, cameroon, ghana, egypt etc)
and ecuador, venzeula and boliva
certinally japan!

nsx7
05-09-2008, 23:03
I'm from Saudi Arabia, I have been playing the game for along time since it was named
CM..

I would really love to be able to play The Saudi league.

francesco
06-09-2008, 02:29
Imho.. first of all.. J-League.. :(

then any leagues from Africa would be greeeat !

San Marino, Italian Serie D, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and any other intersting leagues would be great too..

I hope in fm2009 there will be new playable leagues ..

eagleforlife
06-09-2008, 09:50
USL-1 and USL-2. I want to be able to play as Crystal Palace Baltimore.

kramster
06-09-2008, 10:34
The Egyption league would be wicked, Al-Ahli are always getting to the final of the African Champions league and they should put their national team in as well cause they have won the last two African Nations Cup

Colorado
06-09-2008, 10:50
I think it's already been pretty much confirmed that there are no addional leagues are being included.

bytor92
06-09-2008, 11:43
Well in the video Miles said 51 countries, so we're definately getting one new lague, plus they may expand existing countries

Bongo-Bongo
06-09-2008, 11:53
Well in the video Miles said 51 countries, so we're definately getting one new lague, plus they may expand existing countries

There's 51 leagues in the game at present, so unless some have been scrapped and replaced with new ones, then there are no new leagues.

buzzing_hornet
06-09-2008, 12:05
I'd have liked to see the next step in the non-league pyramid added but i don't think they had the researchers to make it possible.

Ho Hum.

jod123
06-09-2008, 20:02
There's 51 leagues in the game at present, so unless some have been scrapped and replaced with new ones, then there are no new leagues.

There are 51 countries with playable leagues in the game at present. So if they added more divisions to countries that already had playable leagues then this would still be 51.

rancer890
06-09-2008, 20:14
There are 51 countries with playable leagues in the game at present. So if they added more divisions to countries that already had playable leagues then this would still be 51.

Ah, so the United Soccer League still has a chance to be added!:D

Moaner
06-09-2008, 20:29
whats this soccer you talk of? :D

i know this is a really old thread so not sure if this has been mentioned.....Ryman Leagues in England. The teams are already on the DB, just a matter of making them playable in a league.

nine_iron
06-09-2008, 22:38
I want the Lincolnshore league... but as that isnt going to happen I will just have to make my database again... (plug)

sunderland's number nine
07-09-2008, 00:09
Well, I am a Serb (who supports Sunderland and lives in America...I'm well-traveled!) so I would like to see at least the top BiH league and the top Montenegro league. Lithuania also has some decent football, I guess, one of their teams beat Rangers? I'd love to play in an Arab league, though. I don't know anything about them so I wouldn't be able to really differentiate between UAE, Qatar and Saudi, but any one of the three would be fun. For Christmas, I want...

Iggy
07-09-2008, 00:53
Norwegian 3rd division, that would be ace http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

I would be all over that myself.

However i do think other leagues should be prioritized before that. I'd like to see more african leagues actually

fondoogle
07-09-2008, 01:01
when bidding for a player it would nice to be able to offer two of your players for one of theres instead of hoping they bid for one of ur players and then using the player exhange that way, deals of two players may make teams wanna sell there one. oh and we need away attendances!!!

jod123
07-09-2008, 01:03
when bidding for a player it would nice to be able to offer two of your players for one of theres instead of hoping they bid for one of ur players and then using the player exhange that way, deals of two players may make teams wanna sell there one. oh and we need away attendances!!!

I think you have got the wrong thread. :)

rickycurran
07-09-2008, 01:18
Qatar League

sheeshy
07-09-2008, 02:10
Faroe Islands 1 and 2

osda
07-09-2008, 03:38
CFA is in the game but unfortunately is not playable ........

Saudi league ..
egyptian league ..

Come Clarity
07-09-2008, 03:53
In a perfect world I'd love all of them - however it requires a hell of a lot of work to keep updating leagues let alone adding them.
Right now I'm more than content, and I'd be surprised if more than 50% of users play in anything aside from major European leagues or their home nation, let alone (no offence intended) more obscure footballing nations such as Peru.

However, for the sake of my imagination, the Egyptian & USL leagues.

MTC
07-09-2008, 08:09
I think that leagues should ony be added to an existing system if there continues to be a promotion/relegation system all the way from the bottom playable league to the top. This means no more leagues from at least the US, Scotland and Australia.

I also think that the top divisions from any country with a club that has won their continental club competition should be playable, this means I think the following leagues should be added (listed in order from most recent continental win):
New Zealand Football Championship (there really should be at least one league from OFC in the game, this is the obvious one to add)
Campeonato Ecuatoriano de Fútbol Primera A (Ecuador)
J-League (I am aware this isn't currently possible)
Tunisian Ligue Professionnelle 1
Egyptian Premier League
Primera División de Costa Rica
Nigerian Premier League
UAE League
Primera División de Paraguay
Ghana Premier League
Botola (Morocco)
Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division
Thailand Premier League
Iran Pro League
Algerian Championnat National
Qatari League
Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Honduras
T&T Pro League (Trinidad & Tobago)
Ligue Haïtienne (Haiti)
Surinamese League
Cameroun Première Division
Primera División de Fútbol Profesional (El Salvador)
Liga Nacional de Guatemala
Guinée Championnat National (Guinea)
Congo Premier League
Linafoot (DR Congo)

I personally wouldn't mind if any new leagues added weren't fully researched, the teams and rules are all that's important to me, and that wouldn't take too much time at all to research.

Alurny
07-09-2008, 09:16
Some more African nations are needed.

Mr Sandman
07-09-2008, 09:19
Egypt, Qatar, Paraguay

Nelson84
08-09-2008, 23:17
In order of preference : Canadian Soccer League, American USL, Congo DR Premiership, Belgian 4th Division

Kardesleric
10-09-2008, 10:14
Cyprus has done great in Uefa and Champions League so far our team Anorthosis Famagusta is in Champions League we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in new Football Manager 09 i think that it is much better than many leagues in Football Manager we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in Football Manager 09 without my League there i feel like playing a dead league :(

LutonNil
10-09-2008, 10:19
the Scottish League has been dead for 40 years

aenariel
Cyprus has done great in Uefa and Champions League so far our team Anorthosis Famagusta is in Champions League we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in new Football Manager 09 i think that it is much better than many leagues in Football Manager we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in Football Manager 09 without my League there i feel like playing a dead league :(

Consider contacting the Cypriot researcher or asking how the research is going on the Researchers forum.

It's all a matter of having all the data + acquiring the licenses. Part 1 is done by "us", part 2 is up to SI.

I sincerely don't know if there are any new leagues this season - has anyone got any news about this?

glamdring
One team doing well in the Champions League doesn't mean the league is good, but I take your point that it probably is of as good a standard as many leagues. SI seem to have drawn a line under adding new leagues for the last few versions though. I want the Faroese league, but I'm not holding my breath waiting!

aenariel
the Scottish League has been dead for 40 years

Ouch. :)
There are worse. ;)

glamdring
10-09-2008, 10:22
Scottish league is always my favourite to manage in. Admittedly I'd like to jettison Celtic into outer space, but we have to live with these minor irritations.

Themistofelis
10-09-2008, 10:45
I agree with the OP , we want Cypriot league

trekman
10-09-2008, 10:51
Scottish league is always my favourite to manage in. Admittedly I'd like to jettison Celtic into outer space, but we have to live with these minor irritations.

Thank god (or possibly SI :D) for edt files. If you use one of these and get rid of the old firm then the SPL becomes very competitive I think.