Nationality of Managers in your game

I'm currently in 2024, managing Celtic (have been since start) and have my nationality set to Scottish.

I am running a large database -all Scottish Divisions and English divisions down to League 2.

I have just checked all the nationalities of the managers at all the clubs in these divisions (134 clubs) and found that all but 5 of the cluns have a manager from the UK (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland) which makes up 96.2% of the managers at the 'active clubs'.

4 of the other clubs have Irish managers 3% of 'Active'

and Stevenage employing Andre Oojier (Dutch). 0.8% of Active clubs.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea why this would be. Is the game producing a vastly inflated number of good UK coaches or is it not producing a large enough number of foriegners.

Is it likely to be because I only have British leagues running?

Anyone got any thoughts on this and how realistic it is?

(ps this is not a moan, it doesn't really make that much difference to the way the games plays, just thought it might provide an interesting topic for discussion)

Because the leagues your running are both UK? I play with between 45 and 55+ leagues and I do see most clubs sticking with a manager of the same nationality but not quite as often as you. My game on right now is 2033 and the EPL has 5 english managers, rest from all over but mostly italians.

Archived