Economy

I'm currently playing as a smaller club in Northern Ireland, PSNI, and I'm having loads of trouble earning cash. I am only using about two thirds of the wage budget, but I still lose money every month, so I was just wondering how people keep their bank balance on a positive amount as a smaller club?

Never played in NI so not sure about that but in general I usually end up offloading players for profits, replacing them with young free transfers, keep my wages low relying on appearance fees (and keeping an eye on appearance fees as well when choosing my lineup), and hoping for a good cup draw.

I can't say that i play in the lower league too much but i try to incorporate as many youth players in my squad as possible and only have a few experienced players to keep the balance.

thats cheating slightly is it not?

as charlie said- play youth squad and sell/ offload players with higher wages you dont need

try arranging some pre-season friendlies with bigger clubs at your place, should help swell the coffers at the start of the season.

apart from that, be careful with player contracts... keep the wages as low as possible, and their bonuses as well.

dont sign players for fees, make full use of loans and freebies, even if it means signing more than you need, you can always offload some of the surplus for nominal fees, which all help.

also, have a look in the finances screen and see where exactly youre losing the money. should give you a bit of an idea which to work on most...

Thats your opinion. I did describe it as the 'easiest and most efficient way'. Do you care to challenge that statement?

The OP never stated that he wanted to cheat.

I'm sure he's aware you can, but was looking for tips on how to do it "properly".

The OP never stated that he wanted to cheat.

I'm sure he's aware you can, but was looking for tips on how to do it "properly".

No, if you actually read what the OP said he ended his post by saying '' I was just wondering how people keep their bank balance a positive amount....''.

Which is an open ended question for anyone to answer. Not at one point did he state that he didnt want to use anything that would be considered 'cheating'.

So please can people read posts thoroughly before replying with such unfounded criticism.

Its up to him if he wants to us FM Modifier, so it doesnt mean that we all have to withold from him that such programmes are freely available.

No, if you actually read what the OP said he ended his post by saying '' I was just wondering how people keep their bank balance a positive amount....''.

Which is an open ended question for anyone to answer. Not at one point did he state that he didnt want to use anything that would be considered 'cheating'.

So please can people read posts thoroughly before replying with such unfounded criticism.

Its up to him if he wants to us FM Modifier, so it doesnt mean that we all have to withold from him that such programmes are freely available.

You seem very angry for some reason?

I never criticised anyone, I simply added my thought to a thread.

Which in itself is the sole purpose of this forum. :thup:

forgot a really obvious one... try and put "future fee" clauses in when youre selling players. true they might take a while to matter, but when they do, they can often net you a fair sized sum

forgot a really obvious one... try and put "future fee" clauses in when youre selling players. true they might take a while to matter, but when they do, they can often net you a fair sized sum

That's a good idea rinso, never release players either no matter how rubbish they are.

(I'm jumping on Von Blade's shoulders here)

Offer players around for no fee but 50% sell-on clause which teams will, remarkably, quite often accept.

Archived