I hope testimonials are in 2009!!!!!

I posted about this a while ago, i think for fm2007 and fm2008 and testimonials didn't feature in any. Now reading the blog, i see the game is about to go into gold master mode so i assume any new feature will be too late.

BUT.......

I am crossing my fingers for testimonials or something to remember footballing greats in our saves regardless of real players or regens.

I can never forget my brilliant regen find in Brazil in my fm2007 Fisher save... after prodding through conference south to championship, i found a gem from Fluminense. Paulo!! he was brilliant and his stats were fantastic. There were no bids for him at age 19. He accepted and after fighting the british immigration system, they let him hop over the boarder to join me. First season he scored 48 goals!! Promotion soon followed and hello Prem League. 5 seasons later he was crowned footballer of the year by Fifa, World and Europe. We were Prem Champions, FA Cup Champions and Champions League Champs. He gained British citizenship status a little while afterwards and played for England (not sure why brazil never called him up... it was bizzare)! No surprises he was englands top scorer and England won the world cup. Fans chanted his name, I cried when he got injured, and I loved this guy. When he was 36 (17 years of dedicated service to me and Fisher) he played his final game for Fisher against Manchester United in the FA Cup Final. He scored the decisive goal to make it 2-0 for Fisher. Thereafter he hung up his boots and retired not joining my backroom staff. He just became an unclickable reference later on in the game. Nothing more than that. Nothing about him being mentioned as a great, nothing about his records, nothing about his influence, nothing period. I keep looking at pics i took of his profile wishing I could have done something for him instead of him becoming an unclickable reference in the game.

How I wish I could have honoured him in some way... maybe like a TESTIMONIAL!!

i remember in cm 01/02 i would sign players on free trials just so they could play in testimonials. So when ronaldinho had one for barca i got back so ex players to play with him. But as JOESTIKER rightly says they should be in fm09.

I posted about this a while ago, i think for fm2007 and fm2008 and testimonials didn't feature in any. Now reading the blog, i see the game is about to go into gold master mode so i assume any new feature will be too late.

BUT.......

I am crossing my fingers for testimonials or something to remember footballing greats in our saves regardless of real players or regens.

I can never forget my brilliant regen find in Brazil in my fm2007 Fisher save... after prodding through conference south to championship, i found a gem from Fluminense. Paulo!! he was brilliant and his stats were fantastic. There were no bids for him at age 19. He accepted and after fighting the british immigration system, they let him hop over the boarder to join me. First season he scored 48 goals!! Promotion soon followed and hello Prem League. 5 seasons later he was crowned footballer of the year by Fifa, World and Europe. We were Prem Champions, FA Cup Champions and Champions League Champs. He gained British citizenship status a little while afterwards and played for England (not sure why brazil never called him up... it was bizzare)! No surprises he was englands top scorer and England won the world cup. Fans chanted his name, I cried when he got injured, and I loved this guy. When he was 36 (17 years of dedicated service to me and Fisher) he played his final game for Fisher against Manchester United in the FA Cup Final. He scored the decisive goal to make it 2-0 for Fisher. Thereafter he hung up his boots and retired not joining my backroom staff. He just became an unclickable reference later on in the game. Nothing more than that. Nothing about him being mentioned as a great, nothing about his records, nothing about his influence, nothing period. I keep looking at pics i took of his profile wishing I could have done something for him instead of him becoming an unclickable reference in the game.

How I wish I could have honoured him in some way... maybe like a TESTIMONIAL!!

Ive been haunted many a time with that kind of tragic tale. I practically had an affair with bojan on fm07 cos i loved him and his scoring ways so much, and then when he retired, having broken most scoring and man of the match records out there, the media hardly mentioned it.

Even if a testimonial was not possible, i think i'd be good to atleast be able to nominate certain players as legends before they retire so as their records and attribute stats at their peak are kept for us to reminisce over.. :)

don't really care to be honest.. if it can be implemented easily without screwing up other things in the game then why not, but i'm indifferent.

This sums up what my point of view is. I've said this before, there would be no real functional purpose in the game. We need to think of better reasons to have testimonials other than "it would be nice".

That said, I do get disturbed when I click a retired player's name and it doesn't work. Makes me sad.

*wipes tear from eye* my star player in my main FM08 game, guy called Michael Doyle, retired at 41 (almost unheard of in FM08 from what I can see)... I managed him from youth when I signed him in my second season at York, he was captain at 19 (yeah he was that good), sadly I left when he was only 24, but I got the privilidge of managing him again when I took over england and made him England captain... 7 glorious years, a world cup and two european championships later he hung up his boots - and despite it always saying he wanted to try his hand at management he just went. i kinda miss the guy lol and can't escape the memories either, he has the england apps record, assist records for many years at both york and barcelona (where he finished his career).

Archived