playing without patch fm08

my friend told me ages ago that he had beaten lithuania 23-0 him managing england, i thought nothing of it, but a few days ago he told me he has scored the most and conceeded the most in his league, then it hit me like floyd mayweather, i asked him a question 'did you ever patch your game' he said no, i was abit shocked and felt abit sorry for him as hes played football manager 2008 without any patch, think of all them bugs, defenders not closing down, and he didnt even know about a patch, i dont know weather to laugh or cry or buy fm09 for him

it makes me wonder who else plays without a patch

It's quite possible that there are more then a number of people out there who play the game without ever patching and likely enjoy themselves quite well. Not everyone is as hung up on the game as the people who occupy this forum.

Don't see any reason to feel sorry for him, as he likely has enjoyed the game alot more then many people in this forum.

i was on a crappy dial-up internet connection until a few months ago, so downloading the patch took WAY to long for my liking. but i must say, when i eventually did download it, it felt like a brand new game!!

there is a LOT of players out there, who have never patched the game. either due to no internet or not being aware of the forums etc. I bump into ppl regularely who are not aware of any patching and who don't seem to mind.

maybe these unspoiled lives have it much easier than us :)

I think there are a lot of serious FM players out there who never patch their game and/or never come on these forums.

The only reason I knew about patches was because I was "exploring" the disc of FM05 and found the patch already on the disc.

It must have been a re-released disc or something? (needs citation)

To be completely honest, I would never have known too much about the bugs, and the same goes for loads of us who haven't been on the forums where you find out about most of them.

Ignorance is bliss.

patched to 8.0.2, only because my brother downloaded it and i lost my long-term game (damn you dad!(shakes fist)) otherwise, as with all previous fm's and cm's ive never ever patched - think after joining here and reading what you lot have put i might have to start doing it in future

I played for almost a year without the patch, to be honest I didn't notice many problems...

Started one last game though, with the 8.02 patch, while counting down the days till FM09 (god I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii) - and to be honest, I haven't noticed much difference yet...

the 8.02 patch doesnt make the me that much better, it still creates ridiculous scorelines. my house mate and i have a hot seat game going, hes real madrid im barcelona, he beat me 5-4 this season and i recently beat valencia 8-0. but i quite like the me, too much realism isnt as much fun:D.

I played for almost a year without the patch, to be honest I didn't notice many problems...

Started one last game though, with the 8.02 patch, while counting down the days till FM09 (god I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii) - and to be honest, I haven't noticed much difference yet...

really? when i patched i felt an immediate difference, dont know why tho. might just be a psychological thing :), there may not be much difference, but i wanted to see a difference and i did. hahaha

Archived