Work permit stupidity in FM08?

I am trying to transfer an Argentinian player. Tried 3 times but work permit turned down.

Now he has the right to have Spanish citizenship. I tried again, club accepted offer, player also accepted the contract but he is still considering citizenship, while work permit is turned down again.

What is the IQ of transfer AI?:mad::thdn:

just because he can take spanish nationality unfortunately doesnt mean he will... its frustrating, i agree, but nothing you can do atm... apart from hope he takes spanish nationality. should really have the option to ask them to

I am trying to transfer an Argentinian player. Tried 3 times but work permit turned down.

Now he has the right to have Spanish citizenship. I tried again, club accepted offer, player also accepted the contract but he is still considering citizenship, while work permit is turned down again.

What is the IQ of transfer AI?:mad::thdn:

Yeah this isn't the greatest in FM08!

I think there should be an option in FM09 to be able to approach the player to suggest taking citizenship! This would benefit signing new players and also when managing in spain to reduce your non eu player quota!

But SI wants this game to be as realistic as possible, correct?

The player is Mateo Musacchio, has 27 U21 caps, playing in Sevilla and has continental reputation.

First, I cannot think British immigration bureau will turn down a work permit for such player IRL

Second, players should automaticly accept citizenship if they want to play in England.

Really frustrating!

just because he can take spanish nationality unfortunately doesnt mean he will... its frustrating, i agree, but nothing you can do atm... apart from hope he takes spanish nationality. should really have the option to ask them to

I've been asking for this for ages rinso. Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling that the ability of a manager to ask a player to take a nationality of the country they have been sent to will not be in FM2009 unless its in a later patch.

I've been asking for this for ages rinso. Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling that the ability of a manager to ask a player to take a nationality of the country they have been sent to will not be in FM2009 unless its in a later patch.

yeah a lot of people have been asking for it mate, and it does merit being in the game i think. i hope it is added in 09, but i suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Archived