How come injury time constantly gets extended belong what it says?

It's really quite irritating I've been playing and in the last 6 games I've had 2 players sent off for second yellow cards after the duration of injury time and conceded goals in 3 games after it as well. Most have been 2 or 3 minutes injury time, yet most of these incidents are happening in the 94th - 98th minute which, when there is no major incident to hold the game up, is completely inexplicable - its not cost me any results yet but its getting mightily close and the last game I would have drawn had the second in the 98th minute not been ruled out for offside. It's getting very annoying and seems to be only a matter of time before a game is 2-1 or 0-0 come the end of injury time and then they score when the match should have finished.

As it got to the last min of unjury time, was one team in an attacking position. If there is 4mins of added time and at 93:30 you get up to the final third and threaten the goal it will go beyond 94mins. Then if youget a corner or stay in their penalty area the game will not end until the ball is in a neutral position.

At least I think so anyway, there could also be events happening that will not show if you have highlight mode only on.

It is minimum, but without any major incident like an injury, foul or prolonged pause there is no reason for it to go beyond that, I'm sure if you look at a football match, 6 games running that match won't have 2 - 6 minutes more injury time lol. It is irritating to see it happening on a regular basis; it has just cost me in this game, a hat trick for robbie keane for tottenham in the 93rd minute, 94th minute and 95th minute, very annoying I didn't even have enough time to make any changes to try to stop it from the first to the third.

I've had 4 minutes of injury time become 8 with no injuries happening inbetween, I assume its a bug/exploit (the A.I does something with tactics or something to extend the time). What annoys me is (tangent) when you're in injury time chasing a goal and the opposition take 45 seconds to take a throw in or free kick, blatant time wasting....

timewasting might play too big a part. if you're set to waste time in injury time, there might actually be 4 minutes playing time but 2 minutes of taking time with goal kicks, throw ins etc.

there were 6 minutes announced in a CL game at bayern munich. my arsenal team were a man down and had scraped back from 3-1 down to level in the 88th minute. in the 7th minute of injury time, my DMC tackled their CB and lobbed the keeper for 4-3. the whistle was eventually blown after 99 minutes.

i'm guessing my timewasting from the equalizer and a few second half injuries drew those extra minutes out, but i wasn't complaining at all. :D

In the game they seem to add time on when a foul occurs in injury time, even if it is the losing team that gets the free kick and are in no way time wasting. However, say you are meant to play 3 extra minutes and there is a foul, the freekick takes 20 seconds to happen, then the game adds this only the 3 mins, but then seems to round up to the next minute (i.e. 94). If this happens a couple of times it keeps rounding up and you end up with super long injury time!

I have no problem with the OP's topic, but I hope another issue is addressed.

In FM08 I'm looking at the 2D screen, so I constantly miss the commentary flash up how many minutes are to be added on. We're told that in FM09 any goals etc. will have '90+5' for example recorded, but what I need is a visual note of how many minutes are added. Agreed?

I have no problem with the OP's topic, but I hope another issue is addressed.

In FM08 I'm looking at the 2D screen, so I constantly miss the commentary flash up how many minutes are to be added on. We're told that in FM09 any goals etc. will have '90+5' for example recorded, but what I need is a visual note of how many minutes are added. Agreed?

I think it's being implemented in FM 09, think I saw it in one of the earlier improvments.

Also, if you think that teams take too long to take throw-in, free kicks, usually it's due to the fact the AI moved the Time-wasting Bar all the way to often. If they are behind, AI will usually take things quick and send GK up for corners if needed(seen a lot of cases both ways).

Archived