Chairmen!

because its a realistic game.. and everyone knows the chairman at Liverpool is an idiot... (and yes, im a liverpool fan)

seriously though, i wouldnt mind an addition of "reject all bids from rival clubs" in the future... or to reject bids from specific clubs...

But i removed the americans at the begining because i hate them! its some english guy called Mathew McGuire!.. wish there was chairman interaction right now.

Ive just took over

made him indespensible

free kick taker (20) no1 else is above 16 for free kicks (except c.ronaldo who is injured for 8 months with a broken leg).

rejected several 28,000,000.

told him hes not going anywhere.

having him trained to be left attacking mid

dont have any other left backs

Should have listed him as indispensable instead of indespensible!

Known problem with chairman selling star players from underneath managers for teams that don't need the money at all but 30m for gareth bale is a pretty good deal, I would have taken it.

i wouldnt have taken!. no other good left backs!.. i was given £150m and have sold aguero, ramos and now bale and currently have 262mil to spend so i obvs didnt need the money!

(Im in August 2009 thats why they have aguero, ramos, ronaldo.. but then quite an average side after there first team.

theyve got Cole, Bridge, Bale.. i enquired non are for transfer.

lol theres loads of other good left backs out there! have a look in gptg forum of youre not sure who to go for... i've never signed bale when ive been managing liverpool.. never even look at signing him....

i wouldnt have taken!. no other good left backs!.. i was given £150m and have sold aguero, ramos and now bale and currently have 262mil to spend so i obvs didnt need the money!

You didn't but your chairman obviously did.

but hes my favourite :( always gets like 6 goals from freekicks at least a season

Maybe the chairman didn't like the fact that you refer to him as your "favourite" and wanted to avoid the possible headline :p Anyways have a look in GPTG, there are loads of suggestions in there and I can think of at least 2 LB's with over 18 for free kicks that usually cost far elss than £30m, Guilherme and Pander.

once a hot prospect youngster tottenham right back (regen)was sold above my head for 6m to chelsea......we had 120m in transfer fees, i didnt need the money!

This bug was soooo annoying!

30m is a good price for Bale...although if you didnt wana sell thats unlucky

The thing is chairmen at top clubs dont do this!.. when has man utd, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool ever had this problem? Ok they do buy without your permission but i aint heard them selling

However the managers are also realistic that if an offer of the right price comes along for a player that isn't that amazing (such as Bale) then you would sell him as you can easily find a replacement.

FOR GODS SAKE!.. next transfer window (January 2010) 3 days before end of the window madrid put an offer in for cristiano (29.01.2010) & garay (03.01.2010) .. they accept!, well i would have this time but not with out getting a replacment first!.. Corlukas in for garay so like for like there.

PLayed 24, Won 21, Drew 3

but i now only have a 15 man squad!.. and im still in all comps so theyere all gunna be unfit and injured.

So Now mr chairman has sold: (+clauses)

£31m - Aguero (wasnt in 1st team plans though to be fair)

£40m - Giovanni

£34.5m - Bale

£20m - Garay

£50m - Ronaldo

49305707vf6.th.pngthpix.gif

FOR GODS SAKE!.. next transfer window (January 2010) 3 days before end of the window madrid put an offer in for cristiano (29.01.2010) & garay (03.01.2010) .. they accept!, well i would have this time but not with out getting a replacment first!.. Corlukas in for garay so like for like there.

PLayed 24, Won 21, Drew 3

but i now only have a 15 man squad!.. and im still in all comps so theyere all gunna be unfit and injured.

So Now mr chairman has sold: (+clauses)

£31m - Aguero (wasnt in 1st team plans though to be fair)

£40m - Giovanni

£34.5m - Bale

£20m - Garay

£50m - Ronaldo

Ive said this before but it rings true:

Kill him

Im'm not sure if you guys know abt this... but there is a chance to stop the transfer goin through after your chairman has interfered. Offer the player a new contract after a transfer bid has been accepted. Depending on how impt he is to your team, adjust the contract accordingly.. I've managed to save a couple of key players.. of course it depends on your team's rep, how well you're fairing and ur relationship with the player as well. Cheers

btw I noticed scrollbars on your player screen - assuming your resolution is 800px high, you can set the taskbar to autohide which gets rid of them.

I can't see the taskbar on the screenshots so it could be that your screen is less than 800px and you've done it already, in which case this is fairly useless to you.

I have an inkling suspicion that regular chairmen only sell when the club needs the money - I have NEVER, EVER had a player sold over my head.

Can you please show us a screenshot of your finances and transfer history so I will know whether I am right or wrong?

btw I noticed scrollbars on your player screen - assuming your resolution is 800px high, you can set the taskbar to autohide which gets rid of them.

I can't see the taskbar on the screenshots so it could be that your screen is less than 800px and you've done it already, in which case this is fairly useless to you.

i cut the task bar off the screenie, im using windowed mode.

How did you get them to offer you 30mil for Bale?

Cause hes quality, i rejected 21.5m, 27.75, they enquired i said 40m (cause i think this guys a legend) and they reoffered 34.5m

I have an inkling suspicion that regular chairmen only sell when the club needs the money - I have NEVER, EVER had a player sold over my head.

Can you please show us a screenshot of your finances and transfer history so I will know whether I am right or wrong?

My finances are 300m on 4/08 and currently 600m on 12/09

Archived