more features revealed today

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the blog:

''The match speed and highlights detail level are now independent. This means that you can now select to view full detail commentary at fast speed or low detail commentary at slow speed.

- Friendly matches can now be cancelled.

- There is an increased level of media interaction including transfer targets.

- It is now possible to see your league history screen at any point in your career (rather than just at the end as was previously the case).

- Short listing can now be performed mid-match - if an opposition player impresses you during a match, you can now view their full player profile and shortlist them whilst still in the match.

- Players can be offered out on loan to drum up interest in them.

- Transfers can now be delayed - which can prove extremely useful if you are waiting on another deal to go through to free up the funds needed to complete that star signing.

We've also put in a lot of effort to fix as many of the issues found by people who have played our previous games - these include reserve team players going out on loan and being able to play in league matches against their parent club and the EDT Editing system being expanded to allow players to be given their 'Brazilian style' common names."

Cheers

Miles and Glenn''

My favourite bit is that they have fixed a couple of minor bugs like the player loans playing against you and hopefully the removal of holding down the X button to increase / decrease transfers etc.

Great work Team FMH.

My favourite bit is that they have fixed a couple of minor bugs like the player loans playing against you and hopefully the removal of holding down the X button to increase / decrease transfers etc.

I've not got a copy of the game in front of me but I'm 99% sure the holding down X button to increase/decrease transfer values bug has been fixed for FMH2009 - in fact, due to pestering from the test room I believe it is now also possible to hold down X when choosing your nationality upon game start up ;)

• SI Staff
I've not got a copy of the game in front of me but I'm 99% sure the holding down X button to increase/decrease transfer values bug has been fixed for FMH2009 - in fact, due to pestering from the test room I believe it is now also possible to hold down X when choosing your nationality upon game start up ;)

I 'know' that the transfer values bug has been fixed as it was one of the first things done for FMH09 ...

(crosses fingers that no one broke it since that was fixed ... but I'm also 99% certain its fine now :D)

• SI Staff
glad to see transfer delays has been added! still no player exchange though

We considered the player-exchange, its not as simple as you might think though and increases the memory footprint in the transfer manager module considerably (as every transfer potentially could have exchange players).

It'll happen one day though I'm sure, sorry it just couldn't be done safely in the time we had available.

I 'know' that the transfer values bug has been fixed as it was one of the first things done for FMH09 ...

(crosses fingers that no one broke it since that was fixed ... but I'm also 99% certain its fine now :D)

do you also mean that offering what a player is worth will actually be enough to sign some players?

Becchio is an immense player and a great find by Macca but to be fair to Beckford... Goals are footballs currency and Beckford has 13 already!

But I understand where Mickey is coming from... Becchio runs, traps, holds up play, and scores, he is great at all that where as sometimes Beckford looks a little lazy, not trying to make that extra run or pass but that's what a striker needs, brilliant finishing and JB has got that in buckets!

Here's to a long and successful partnership :thup:

We considered the player-exchange, its not as simple as you might think though and increases the memory footprint in the transfer manager module considerably (as every transfer potentially could have exchange players).

It'll happen one day though I'm sure, sorry it just couldn't be done safely in the time we had available.

thanks for the reply marc, oh well its something to keep looking forward to

Archived