An idea for the player to better understand how the game works.

After reading "Open letter to SI: The Realism or Without Arrows" Which was a very good and long read. An idea popped in to my head.

The first thing I do every year is read the manual but I don't the manual goes far enough. SI could go further than just the manual though, they could have an official sticky in the tactics and training area. This would contain a more in-depth look than what the manual gives with examples(only so much room in a manual). They could also have a bit where people could ask questions and get an official response from SI If not already in the manual or on the forums. If there was something SI did not want us to know for what ever reason. (The answer might give to much insight into the match engine.) SI could just say that they are unable to answer that particular question. Then the player is in the same boat as what they are in now.

This would help people to stop making false assumptions about FM and get a better understanding of how the mechanics of the game work.

Good idea but after years of pleading for SI to tell us what EXACTLY do those tactic sliders actually do and how do they relate to each other we are still left only with some wild guesses.

Good luck :)

jakobx, have a look at the following thread in the tactics forum: Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '08 it is quite a long read but thoroughly worth it. You may also want to check out Wolfsong's Guide to Team Talks '08 as that is also very good.

jakobx, have a look at the following thread in the tactics forum: Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '08 it is quite a long read but thoroughly worth it. You may also want to check out Wolfsong's Guide to Team Talks '08 as that is also very good.

I've read those topics and thats exactly the reason why i think we are just guessing. Perhaps ive missed it but i havent seen any official explanation from SI on what those options do exactly. We all have some vague idea what they are supposed to do based on their name, but if you tried tweaking them you most certainly noticed that they dont behave as expected.

Regarding team talks the only thing i do is assign my assman to do them. IMO it is the most useless feature ever added to FM. Its boring, unrealistically implemented and for some reason seems to be more imporatant than the quality of your squad.

Archived