Job Interviews

I was thinking...with the introduction of press conferences and receiving multiple questions, could this be used in a job interview? What do you guys think?

You would be able to ask what the club expects and then give them answers to try and convince them your the man for the job. You could also be blatently obvious and say you want to do well but see it as a stepping stone to a bigger and better job in the future.

It's an idea that gets mentioned every so often, and i'm one of the people who has mentioned it before and thinks it would be a nice addition. Others think it could get repetitive/boring and could make it too difficult to move clubs as often as you like.

It's an idea that gets mentioned every so often, and i'm one of the people who has mentioned it before and thinks it would be a nice addition. Others think it could get repetitive/boring and could make it too difficult to move clubs as often as you like.

i think it would be a good addition lots of the media news gets repetitive/boring after a while

I don't like the idea because it may have too much power over whether you get the job or not, I prefer to have the freedom to choose my job aslong as I earned it through results/success.

I think I'd like it more if this was included that maybe it could have an affect on how the board perceive you and what sort of budget they give you.

I think I'd like it more if this was included that maybe it could have an affect on how the board perceive you and what sort of budget they give you.

That's what I was thinking, options to request certain staff to be brought with you to your new club, information on club finances and if you could receive a transfer/wage budget increase, how open the club is to new stadium proposals or training ground/youth setup upgrades.

It could be an interesting feature but would require a good deal of work on SI's part to ensure its not just an annoying multiple choice message you get before you join a new club.

should work and i dont think it would become repetitive how many times do people move clubs??

The idea is good, but the implementation of it would have to be spot on. On the one hand it could be too easy to give the answers that they want to hear without really meaning it, on the other hand one wrong answer could cost you the job.

I think playmaker is right. Would the vast majority of people not just say the things the board wants to hear to get the job and that would encourage the board to give them the biggest budget and better facilities and staff?

Surely there is no one that will walk into this interview and say "the team is poor, I dont think i will save you from relegation so you are better off keeping your money in your pocket, seeling a couple of star players and sacking some of the coaches. Also, you might want to consider selling the training ground to property developers and gambling all the profit away in a casio in Blackpool"!

Had mentioned this idea some time back. But instead of stadium upgrades or academy requests it could be used to set long term expectations and the long term investment budget involved in the club according to what you as a manager see the direction in which the club can go.

@Neji..it doesnt have to be THE basis on which a job is offered...success ratio and reputation should come into play even here....this feature could be used as a small (but nevertheless an important part) in the clubs getting their required manager...for example if you go on how i would like the feature to work...(setting long term ambition and long term budget)

if a Wenger, Mourinho or a Ferguson apply for a job with say a conference national level team (say Kidderminster Harriers who finished 13th last season according to wiki:)) and state that their long term ambition over a period of five years will be to establish the club in league two and they want a medium level of investment over the period of their contract...then say another regional reputed manager xyz applies for a job and says that he will get the club into league one with a small level of investment over a period of five years...the job should go to Wenger, Mourinho or a Ferguson since their success ratio and reputation is greater than xyz

Different aspects of the manager should be given different weights..reputation should be the highest followed closely (very closely) by his success ratio. The other two, long term ambition and the desired investment should vary according to clubs..saying a Chelsea or a Manchester City will want success quickly and are willing to spend huge amounts of money...while a Portsmouth or Everton will want you to achieve success but also want you to remain within budgetary limits and a Wigan Athletic or a Bolton Wanderers will only be able to give you a small budget and are willing to accept small steps in the right direction

or you could have a meeting with the future chairman and if he is unsure about taking you on he could say he wants you to prove your worth by maybe taking over for a few weeks to see how things go like the newcastle kinnear situation.

or by gaining say 10 points from the next possible 15 maybe??

Would be a good idea if it actually added something to the game.

I wonder what questions should be posed without the 'right' answers to be overly obvious. I frankly don't see a way to do it well and unless it's done well we're better off without those.

This could be a major hit if it was done right.......

As you add your favourite team in your profile, Imagine that you have started a career game at say Havant and waterlooville in the Blue Square South and have got them to League 1 when the Portsmouth(your favourite) job comes up and you get to the interview stage. You would be nervous about making the right impression cause I know I would be gutted to give the wrong answers and let it fall away from me.

I think the idea is a great one and if done properly (not repetitive after 3-4 times of switching), it could turn out to be a very decisive feature and completely change the job aspect of the game which, for me at least, would be good since I find it the way it is now to be a little dull and not very interesting.

Hope to see this in future releases.

I think job interviews could work very well. Imagine if you were a LLM who played effective football i.e not very pretty and win at all costs and had an interview with an EPL club that demands you do not get relegated. Your 'win at all costs' approach may well be the attribute that gets you the job. Apply for the Arsenal job however and you will be told to get bent because of their love of free flowing attacking football.

It could define what sort of a manager you are more. Are you Bryan Robson (journeymen), Arsene Wenger (attacking football), Joe Kinnear (long ball merchant), Harry Redknapp (wheeler dealer), Jose Mourhino (organised), or could you become a new sort of manager, a mixture of two or three styles.

I think its something SI could look into for future titiles.

i love this idea, would add even more realism. even rather than there being options going from good to bad, they could ask you what you see as the most important think to you as manager and you could answer say transfers, getting the right staff, stadium expansion, no interference from board etc and depending on what club you're applying for and their chairmans personality you would hope that they agree with you.

Don't think it should be the over-riding factor on getting a job, but it would add to the ever growing realism and give not only you as a manager more personality, but a greater sense of relationship with your chairman.

Archived