Amazon.co.uk

I assume OFFICIAL release date is still the 14th then.

Just checked my calender, 14th is a Friday and 17th is a Monday.

Maybe they aren't allowed to post them until Thursday/Friday after some ppl got their copy too early last year?

It must have been a mistake because I've just looked on the website and the release date is the 14th.

I went back on Amazon.co.uk late last night,about midnight, to check the status of my pre-order.

In my e-mail inbox there is an automated e-mail from Amazon confirming my pre-order of FM2009. I clicked the hyperlink on there which took me to the login screen.

I confirmed my e-mail address and proceded to check the status of the order.

RELEASE DATE - 14th Nov

Estimated Dispatch Date - 17TH NOV

Estimated Delivery Date - 20th-22nd NOV

So looks like for me, and probably a few others at least who have ordered from Amazon on pre-order they won't be posting outuntil Monday 17th, second class, which could mean getting the game a weekor so after release!!!!

I've e-mailed AMAZON pointing the above out and asking why game can't be dispatched before 14th to guarentee delivery for day of release, much like GAME do. I'll post the reply on here BUT looking likely that I'm going to cancel order with them unless something changes.

Would advive EVERYONE on here who has pre-ordered through AMAZON to do as I have done above and check status of their pre-order using number supplied in automated e-mail.

RELEASE DATE - 14th Nov

Estimated Dispatch Date - 17TH NOV

Estimated Delivery Date - 20th-22nd NOV

The delivery date is like that because you opted for free delivery. When I order DVDs from there (which come out on a Monday) they are usually estimated like that being dispatched on the day after or the day of the release. I get the dispatched note from them on the Saturday and then they come on the date of the release on the Monday.

The delivery date is like that because you opted for free delivery. When I order DVDs from there (which come out on a Monday) they are usually estimated like that being dispatched on the day after or the day of the release. I get the dispatched note from them on the Saturday and then they come on the date of the release on the Monday.

Your reply makes sense, hopefully Amazon will reply with something similar.

I don't normally use them anymore much either, I tend to stick to GAME, but was ordering other stuff on their site and just added a pre-order for FM2009 to the bottom.

Hopefully it will arrive either 14th, or 15th at latest, your comapison to DVD's has calmed me down a bit.

Not sure about games, but I've got some Blu-rays coming from sendit.com, due for release this Monday. Had standard shipping, and they were despatched yesterday. First time I've used them, looks like I should get them on or before at that rate!

As for Amazon, don't forget they offer a 1 month free trial of the "Amazon Prime" membership. I used that on Tuesday afternoon to order something at 3pm - it came in yesterday morning's post! Looks a good way to guarantee it quickly.

As for Amazon, don't forget they offer a 1 month free trial of the "Amazon Prime" membership. I used that on Tuesday afternoon to order something at 3pm - it came in yesterday morning's post! Looks a good way to guarantee it quickly.

Good call sir! Off to sign up for that right now!!! :thup:

Don't worry about it - they always say it'll be posted a few days late to cover their backs, just in case. But I have used Amazon many a time for years now, and every time my product has arrived before the 'delivery estimate' specified, and have gotten FM06, 07 & 08 all on the day it was out, and this is why I continue to use Amazon, for their reliability and efficiency.

But if you're really worried, you can always cancel your order and order somewhere else, or as the above poster said, try out Amazon Prime. Just be sure to cancel afterwards! I am considering using HMV though, because for 1p extra I get a free mouse. So I may still change my preorder.

Don't worry about it - they always say it'll be posted a few days late to cover their backs, just in case. But I have used Amazon many a time for years now, and every time my product has arrived before the 'delivery estimate' specified, and have gotten FM06, 07 & 08 all on the day it was out, and this is why I continue to use Amazon, for their reliability and efficiency.

I've used them quite a bit in the past too and never had any problems either.

I've probably just over-reacted and freaked out a bit when I read the dates last night, thanks anyway.

How many days until release now? Can't wait.

Archived