what ever happened to the collyer brothers?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they were the ones that founded SI was it not? Guys are genuises anyway :D

i think they were the founders, which makes them pretty important. so if thats the case where have they gone? why arent they ever mentioned anymore? i wouldve thought the 'founders' and 'creators' would even have a bigger rep than Miles?

i think they were the founders, which makes them pretty important. so if thats the case where have they gone? why arent they ever mentioned anymore? i wouldve thought the 'founders' and 'creators' would even have a bigger rep than Miles?

Maybe someone from SI will read this and help explain exactly where the guys who started our addiction have gone/up to these days.

• SI Staff
I believe only one of them is involved with SI now.

Ahem. I am still here. Working on the match engine for FM and FML.

My brother is also still here ( ok he took a couple of years off a while ago ) and is working on FML.

:)

My brother is also still here ( ok he took a couple of years off a while ago ) and is working on FML.

So why do you let that Miles fella take all the glory then Paul? ;)

they were the ones that founded SI was it not? Guys are genuises anyway :D

Thats good to hear then!

i still see you & your brother as the creators of CM/FM and so i just wonder why you dont seem to get as much attention as Miles (no offence to Miles btw!)

Because Miles is their lapdog. :p

Maybe they just want to concentrate on the game and hired Miles to take the crap from us and do all the PR stuff. Who'd blame them really, Miles mentioned something about how many countries he's visited on his media/PR tours and quite frankly it looked like a hassle.

Isn't it just business guys? Maybe Paul & Chris just actually prefer working on the games and like to leave all the everyday stuff like media interaction to Miles. maybe they are working on another project? Or they just prefer to be out of the limelight!

• SI Staff

We both definitely prefer to be working on the game(s) than doing PR stuff......whereas Miles does PR like he was born for it.

Its all about working as a team. SI is about a lot more than 3 people. A lot more.

We both definitely prefer to be working on the game(s) than doing PR stuff......whereas Miles does PR like he was born for it.

Its all about working as a team. SI is about a lot more than 3 people. A lot more.

Is it also that you feel both yourself and Chris have better Radio faces than Miles (mind you if that is the case then I would really worry!) LOL! Sorry but I thought it was funny!

• SI Staff
Is it also that you feel both yourself and Chris have better Radio faces than Miles (mind you if that is the case then I would really worry!) LOL! Sorry but I thought it was funny!

Who is Chris?

I'm here too :)

As Paul says, working on the games is the best bit for us, and who would want to deny the ladies of the World a regular glimpse of Miles eh? ;)

So its you whos to blame for destroying my social life for the past 10 years! I hope you're pleased with yourself.

• SI Staff

To be perfectly honest when you've been doing something this long its rather hard to break the habit.

I managed to break the CM/FM addiction for a couple of years, a few years back, but now working on FML with a really good bunch of lads has taken over my brain instead, so thats me hooked again.

Great to hear you guys are still involved with the series!! I must admit i had wondered where you had both gone! Ive luckily managed to always keep a nice balance between the game, my social life, and work, but never the less you are still responsible for countless lost hours playing the games! Fun countless hours lost though :) Great Work and thanks for bringing us the games :D

Yes we all thank you for bringing us this wonderful game, although we shouldn't have to, as infact i'm sure collectively as a forum we have paid for several of your houses.

So, tonight when you're in your jacuzzi, drinking champagne, surrounded by gorgeous models, spare us 'common people' a thought.

• SI Staff

You'll be able to see an interview with the 3 of us (rather than just me) in Shortlist magazine and online in a few weeks time.

The 3 of us also did the press conference together when we announced FML.

To answer other questions, no, I'm no relation to Stelios and the guy who did the original editor (Boah) is very much at SI (his real name is Svein). I used to use that editor myself to do the first data updates for the game back in 1995...

It's amazing seeing the creators post on the products forum. Don't normally see that kind of thing!

I'd just like to say a big thanks for coming up with the best game series ever!

Also, what is it like seeing an idea, something you started over 15 years ago turn into something so big and still being so successful?

Archived