funniest / oddest things you've seen in FM

I like this kinda thread and I can't find one that hasn't been locked, so let's go for it! I've been inspired to make it by seeing a World Cup second round match between England and Switzerland have the same Swiss player miss two penalties in the same minute. Thinking it to be some kind of bug but investigating anyway, I watched the guy have his first penalty saved, retrieve the loose ball and get tackled for another penalty, and then have that saved. England went on to win 1-0 with a 110th minute ET goal. Ouch. He'll be a popular figure back home. Or maybe being Swiss he'll just be treated the same as always.

That obviously isn't the most exciting thing ever, but to do better I'd have to rack me brains. So anyway, give us yours, both those that come through little bugs and those that come through it just being a funny old game!

I like this kinda thread and I can't find one that hasn't been locked, so let's go for it! I've been inspired to make it by seeing a World Cup second round match between England and Switzerland have the same Swiss player miss two penalties in the same minute. Thinking it to be some kind of bug but investigating anyway, I watched the guy have his first penalty saved, retrieve the loose ball and get tackled for another penalty, and then have that saved. England went on to win 1-0 with a 110th minute ET goal. Ouch. He'll be a popular figure back home. Or maybe being Swiss he'll just be treated the same as always.

That obviously isn't the most exciting thing ever, but to do better I'd have to rack me brains. So anyway, give us yours, both those that come through little bugs and those that come through it just being a funny old game!

in that same World Cup I've just seen China make it to the final with a total of three goals. 1-0, 1-2 and 0-0 in the group stage, then a 1-0 and two penalty wins after 0-0s. Impressive. Maybe a little unbelievable that a team of £100k superstars would do so well, goals or not, though...

Best thing I've ever seen was in a Champions League final, my Lyon team Vs Manchester United, Pique passed the ball back to his goalkeeper Kuzchek (ok, I can't spell that) from the byeline, it inexplicably went through the goalkeeper and into the net.

The best thing was this was in the 120th minute of extra time and the scores were 0-0! I felt like I robbed them a bit

Also, Derek Riordan managed a 2-minute hat-trick in a CL game against Chelsea for me for Celtic, it showed as Riordan 1, 2, 2! Amazing

Oh yeah, Ruud Van Nistelrooy also once scored 7 past me in a pre-season friendly when I was Lyon!

I saw Stephen Craney Pass to himself from a freekick and whip in a cross, I laughed because they didn't score from it!

I conceded a 120th minute freekick in the playoff final (League 1) from Jason Puncheon, a 40 yard netbuster, I lost 1-0 and subsequently quit because I was mardy.

I also saw nearly every player to take a penalty for and against me in the swiss league miss 95% of them over the course of 6 seasons, this has never happened since. I won countless numbers of penalty shootouts in cup comps after both teams had taken about 9 pens each. In one match it got all the way to the keepers, which I've never seen before in any version.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattyg:

i imagine people have seen this before but it just made me chuckle whats my scout had to say about barzagli's marking skills lol

2002367553340514221_rs.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never seen that before. Hillarious

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

Marco materazzi becoming manager of Ross county in 07

Aiden mcgeady scoring in the first minute of the scottish cup final against rangers due to a goalkeeping mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, i meant scoring from the halfway line.

Funniest things I've seen?

My GK/goalkeeping coach rating himself as the worst keeper in the squad, and should be offloaded as soon as possible.

And again, in a coaching report, saying that one of my DC's played best as a central defender, but was equally adept at playing as a player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saved_by_barry_horne:

on 06 i had James Beattie score a hat-trick, miss a penalty and get a red card all before half time in a league cup match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the first part was odd enough.

The following happened in real life in Septembre 2005, Grimsta IP, Bromma, Sweden.

It was a game between AIK Solna and IF Brommapojkarna in Superettan (2nd division). In the 88th minute it was 1-1 and if AIK won they would be very near to win the league and get promoted. The manager Rikard Norling decides to throw in te benchwarmer Daniel Hoch, who hasn't got much appearances during the season.

He comes in and AIK has a corner. It is hit by Derek Boateng who hits Hoch's head and it's 2-1. Daniel Hoch is a hero, but he isn't finished. In the 90th minuer, he runs on to a long ball and beautifully chips it over the Keeper and it's 3-1 to AIK. And no-one belives there eyes when he in the 91st minute volleys in his hat-trick goal from a cross.

It's the biggest moment of his career, an he decides to finish it of with something even more spectacular. In the 93rd minue heuse his elbow and knocks a defender out. Red card right away.

Sorry about the story, to summarize:

88th: enters the pitch

88th: scores his 1st

90th: scores his 2nd

91st: completes his hattrick

93rd: gets a red card

Now that's special

I've just left Sheffield United in one of my current games, to take over at Arsenal at the end of the season, after getting Utd promoted to the Premiership.

The funny bit, is that to try to help the club survive in the EPL, Sheff Utd have signed no fewer than 59 players on loan... icon_eek.gif

And this is despite still not having hired a replacement for me, with 1 week of the transfer window to still to go!!

I love this thread

In FM07 i was playing as Swansea and had bought some guinean (forgive spelling) midfielder for about 6k. We won a freekick just outside the centre circle in the opposition's half. My usual freekick taker, Dzusdzsak, was in injured. He was prone to impossible streaks of optimism and shoot from anywhere he could, so i was quite relieved to see inzaghi put the ball down. No sooner had i thought those words, inzaghi ran up and hit the freekick at goal. I was midway through the sentence "you selfish barst..." when it flew into the top corner. I was completely gob-smacked and we went on to win 6-1 over millwall icon_biggrin.gif

FM 07 story... I find it funny now but at the time no...

Had a bit of a gap between matches and wanted to try out some reserve/youth players to see if they could swim so to speak.

Starting 11 vs Reserve friendly. Unfortunately 20 minutes in my promising DC regen does a tackle from behind on my best FC that would make Vinnie Jones blush. Straight red and my FC broke his leg. icon_frown.gif

I was so ****ed off I fined him 2 weeks wages and sold him. Luckily he never amounted to much, I think he had a temper problem since. Almost every time I checked up on him he was serving a ban or was one yellow away from one. icon_frown.gif

One a just remembered when looking for an old post there, I think this was actully on CM 03/04 but my physio (Kily Gonalez) managed to also be listed as chairman of non-league Canvey Island! I didn't discover this until I drew Canvey in the FA cup and my 'next oppisition' scout report started something like "Kily Gonzales likes to play..." which of course raises further questions. Upon investigation I found poor Canvey Island were etheir beset by bugs or a very confsuingly structured club in the Vladimir Romanov-era Hearts mould.

They were listed as employing two managers, but the last five years seem to have been managed by their chairman, who was also my physio. Kily's history page credited him with every decison in the last five odd years while the other two managers seem to have done pretty much nothing. I think one had even been sacked at one point. Thankfully did beat them, would have been very embarresing otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Ultimate_Red_Devil:

FM 07 story... I find it funny now but at the time no...

Had a bit of a gap between matches and wanted to try out some reserve/youth players to see if they could swim so to speak.

Starting 11 vs Reserve friendly. Unfortunately 20 minutes in my promising DC regen does a tackle from behind on my best FC that would make Vinnie Jones blush. Straight red and my FC broke his leg. icon_frown.gif

I was so ****ed off I fined him 2 weeks wages and sold him. Luckily he never amounted to much, I think he had a temper problem since. Almost every time I checked up on him he was serving a ban or was one yellow away from one. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gifLMAO

right, i've just been playing and something very bizzare has just happened.

My swansea team were playing Oldham, we had a corner, it was way over hit and went to oldham's right-back who was situated a long way over on the right hand side, about level with the penalty spot. The right back then hit the ball at goal and skimmed the post, from over 90 yards!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuyvesant:

I've seen England winning on penalties in my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not funny. That's a bug!

(icon_biggrin.gif j/k!)

In the Confidence section, it says I pay 1.2m P/W on wages and the budget is 1.7m. The description is:

"You have kept such tight control on wages that we are half expecting you to start charging our current players to play for the club"

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived