What bad luck this is!

My Arsenal side, moulded in the image of mr wenger (a young side, slightly smallish squad) has suffered terrible absences in the last few weeks, i am without Touré, Eboué, Song, Fabregas, Ramsey, Lansbury, Nasri, van Persie, Wilshere, Adebayor and Bendtner! Leaving me with 12 first team players! 2 of which are goalkeepers! Thought i would have a little moan about my misfortune, lost 4 to african nations cup (dont moan at me for that, not like i chose to let them go!) and then 7 further injuries to important first team players!

against everton at home my side is:

almunia

sagna - senderous - djourou - sakho

walcott - bischoff - rosicky - clichy

eduardo - vela

rosicky isnt much of a ball-winner, clichy not a left-winger, sakho more of a centre-back, and walcott a much better forward!

smallish as in depth or height?

I always thought wenger preferred big african type players.

Always above 6 ft 1 and blessed with great pace and strength!

It now appears with the likes of walcott, fabregas, van persie, rosicky and nasri he is going off this idea??

Obviously the likes of overmars, pires and ljungberg were never build like this either but these were wingers where alot of the above mentioned by myself prefer a centrel position even if they do find themselves on the wing on the odd occassion.

well looks like i may not have my international players available for my champions league tie in olympiakos, got most players back from injury, but too unfit to participate, and fabregas and van persie will be absent for the rest of the season - bugger.

oh i have had the suspensions too! missed clichy and sagna in crucial games with bans.

right now my run in is this:

A Aston Villa

H Chelsea

A Chelsea UCL Quater Final

A Man Utd

H Chelsea UCL Quater Final

H Liverpool

N Man Utd UCL Semi *if i progress past chelsea

A Tottenham

N Man Utd UCL Semi *if i progress past chelsea

H Newcastle

A Middlesbrough

A Birmingham

and i have only bischoff and wilshere now in central midfield, ramsey isnt fit after injury yet, nasri not near a return, fabregas and van persie both absent for the rest of the season, alex song a way off a return, and now first choice centre-back senderos is absent for 3 weeks with injury - you couldnt make it up! i am 2nd in the league, 4 points behind chelsea who have an easier run-in too!

what a win i just had, 2-0 over chelsea in 2nd leg of champions league quater finals, with a makeshift midfield: rosicky - bischoff (in playmaker central role) eboué (as anchorman) and nasri (who got injured again, replaced by walcott)

what a win i just had, 2-0 over chelsea in 2nd leg of champions league quater finals, with a makeshift midfield: rosicky - bischoff (in playmaker central role) eboué (as anchorman) and nasri (who got injured again, replaced by walcott)

With so many missing it may inspire your "back-up" players to perform much better to try and impress you!

Archived