Man City

Hi

Now Man City have been taken over by Billionaires , does that mean in the game , they will be so Rich and buy World Class Players ?

Also Do you think they will make the game a bit more challening when you are a big 4 club , and once you win your first tittle , you dont go and win the next 8 in a row ?

Thanks

I'm sure Man City will have a lot of cash but their reputation will not have increased much so they will still be limited in what players they are able to purchase, doubtful they will be able to purchase any player with a 'world class' tag or anyone with a reputation even at Robinho's level.

No one knows how challenging the game will be, most of us hope for a challenging game of course.

There will be an editor included in the game as always so you can make them as good or bad as you want. Assuming you don't want to cheat I don't think they'll be able to challenge the 'big four' for the reasons given by rekluse.

To be fair though signing Robinho did send waves around the world and many people noticed it and now probably everyone knows Man city! So their rep will have gone up i'm sure! Money talks!

That's rep IRL for a week or so, rep in FM has too many factors included for it to be improved drastically after only one signing.

I'm using the latest Weegie update which has Man City in a very cash strong position. Whats happened so far is that they've payed over the odds for good (but not great) players. They're a strong side in my game now but they've not come close to challenging for the title yet (7 seasons in). Of course, thats the Weegie update, not FM09 :-D

On the weegie update Man City's rep hasn't increased. you can increase it yourself of course, but that then brings higher expectations from the board.

I expect FM09 will have increased it a little - the signing of Robinho will do that automatically - but I doubt it will be enough to start courting Christiano Ronaldo and Messi.

I don't think signing Robinho should increase their reputation by any amount more in FM09 than it would have if the player would have signed Robinho to the team, which only gives a very slight increase when signing players. Maybe another small boost because of the takeover and media hype over the team and ownership.

Either way I don't see their rep increasing because of this in any amount that would open up more than a handful of extra players they can sign.

Archived