work permits - fm2008

im on fm 2008 with patch 8.02 and im in 2013 with oldham in the premiership and i keep being refused work permits for potential new signings. does anybody know what the criteria is so i can look for other transfer targets. i can maybe understand a few brazilians not getting permits but arshavin has just been refused one, and when i've been man city in another game i can get a permit for him no probs in july 2007.

cheers.

75 % of international games in the last 2 (or 3) years iirc... but i seem to remember a lot of people ahving probs with Arshavin

get ya self a w/p feeder club if you can, thatll help in signing youngsters who cant get permits...

To be eligible for a work permit a player must have played in 75% of his countries international matches over a two year period. These matches must be with the full squad as under 21 caps don't count. Also there country must be in the top 70 (or possibly 80) of FIFA nations. Threre is quite a few threads on this subject so perhaps you should check. Rinso is right when he suggest getting yourself a work permit feeder club. Spain is the best for south american players imo because of the 2 year rule that they have in spain. Poland and Belgium are also popular for work permits but the wait is 3 years in these countries. One final thing to remember though is that if you currently dont have any feeders then you wont automatically get a work permit one.

I always found that the game seems to take the reputation of your club into consideration with work permits, which really isn't fair. When managing a top club I could bring in practically anyone, but if I was with a team with a low reputation then I couldn't get a non-EU player in for love nor money, especially if I wasn't in the Premier League at the time.

When managing a top club I could bring in practically anyone, but if I was with a team with a low reputation then I couldn't get a non-EU player in for love nor money, especially if I wasn't in the Premier League at the time.

Most of the top clubs would already have a work permit feeder club when you take over so thats probably why its easier to sign these players. Obviously the reputation of the club helps a bit but its not the deciding factor when determining if a player should be given a work permit. Occasionally a player with no or very few caps will get a permit if its felt he will enhance the standard of the football played in that particular league.

Can I ask a question since its on the same subject. I tried to sign a player and he couldnt get a work permit so I appealed...

He didnt get one but the transfer still went ahead, so I have a player I cannot use. Will he eventually get a permit? because there is no option for me to re apply!!

I am using the patch currently in the championship with wolves, Not sure if you need that info.

Can I ask a question since its on the same subject. I tried to sign a player and he couldnt get a work permit so I appealed...

He didnt get one but the transfer still went ahead, so I have a player I cannot use. Will he eventually get a permit? because there is no option for me to re apply!!

I am using the patch currently in the championship with wolves, Not sure if you need that info.

you must have a feeder club that falls into the category i mentioned. what clubs do you have as feeders???

w/p feeder clubs mean you CAN sign players who are denied permits, and then loan them to this club season by season til they take on nationality from that country...

Archived