Perfect excuse

I have to go in to have a cruciate ligament operation on November 13th......the only good thing about this is that its obviously the day before football manager is released.....so by the time the drugs wear off football manager would of arrived from HMV and I have 6 weeks off workk to play it! my girlfriend cant moan at me either - wooop

Obviously the only downside is the searing pain and the lack of mobility haha but Im thinking maybe FM09 may overide this!

As someone who had a cartilage clean up and ACL replacement 7 years ago and has been put on the waiting list for a second one I have to say, even the glory of FM 2009 is not worth the pain & rehab.

Digresssing slightly, how long did you have to wait for the op?

Not too lomg, had my cartlidge removed in July and now this one on Nov 14, although I have rejected one op due to an inability to get time off work at short notice.

I think the physiotherpay will be horrid, so im looking to the only good thing to come out of this .....and that is footie manager!

This happened to me last year i was of for 4 weeks after having work done on my knee and even though there was quite some pain the good old football manager helped me through it.

Thing is i am meant to be getting a new knee but i am putting it of for as long as possible (not looking forward to serious pain).

but when time comes i can see lots and lots of footy manager.

I was just thinking this though.....what if noone is in when football manager 09 is delivered through the letter box?!?!? Il be stuck upstairs trying to train the dog to bring it up!

That would be like chinese water torture!

Hahahah. I've now got an image stuck in my head of you sat at the top of the stairs staring at the little package on the doormat that you know has FM inside :D

Yeah - I had a solid FM week after a skiing accident once upon a time.

The painkillers ensured that I was pretty much rubbish - no thought capability for deep strategy! - but it was great "comfort food". Makes me actually look back fondly on that accident. :D

Archived