international under 19s manager

ok ive just started a new game and went my beloved Scotland. I was curious as i appointed a former manager and now coach Sandy Clark as Under 19s manager is he now more likley to get back into club management than if i did not offer him that position with him accepting?

just most of the staff ive ever hired for international teams tend to stay there - dont know why - ive had people ive hired as assistants, u19 managers etc that have just stayed at that particular nation, well, for as long as my game has run or till theyve retired

edit: can never remember any of my staff joining a club ever

i dont think i've ever seen a manager doin club and country, in any capacity, they always seem to leave their clubs to go manage nations... and i dont remember any goin from nations to manage clubs either..

he meant in the game.

I have seen this a number of times where after a Major International tournament a few nations sacked the managers and when the new manager is announced some are in club management as well and I get a message along the lines of "Many wander if person x will be able to juggle both club and country jobs"

I have seen this a number of times where after a Major International tournament a few nations sacked the managers and when the new manager is announced some are in club management as well and I get a message along the lines of "Many wander if person x will be able to juggle both club and country jobs"

But the topic is about the opposite scenario. I also cannot recall a single incidence when an international manager was sacked/quit the job to go into club management in the game.

For example, Wenger leaves Arsenal to manage France. After he loses that job he simply disappears/retires. It means a lot of top quality world class managers end up redundant. Conversely, even Steve McClown never goes back to a club. It is somewhat bizarre and unrealistic; I wonder if it's addressed in FM09. Prolly not.

What i mean is, ive appointed Sandy Clark as my Under 19's manager. He is also a coach at Aberdeen. However if he was to do well with the Scotland under 19's after a while is he more likley to get a club management job again than he would have if he was only a coach at Aberdeen?

Archived