Best ever Debuts

i actually paid £5m and £9 million over 24 months so its less noticeable :D. At 27 hes in his prime and im not going to sell him on i bought him to score goals as Adriano isnt doing it and forlan is 31, so i bought him for his goals rather than sell on value so I think he will be worth it.

I bought an 18 year old as midfield cover at the start of this season with Ipswich, and had to throw him straight into the first team through injuries. He not only scored on his debut but in the following game, too. I was just hoping he'd hold up.

I signed a Mexican left-back for £5 million for Derby County in FM07 who had a debut to remember - he played a backpass that was picked up by a striker for a tap-in, conceded a penalty and scored an own goal. He got a '3' rating before I hoiked him off (a bit "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted" admittedly).

He never played for us again and was sold on to some Spanish team 6 months later. So all in all I thought he had a pretty classy debut - really won over the hearts of his fans ;)

I signed a Mexican left-back for £5 million for Derby County in FM07 who had a debut to remember - he played a backpass that was picked up by a striker for a tap-in, conceded a penalty and scored an own goal. He got a '3' rating before I hoiked him off (a bit "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted" admittedly).

He never played for us again and was sold on to some Spanish team 6 months later. So all in all I thought he had a pretty classy debut - really won over the hearts of his fans ;)

Wow, I bet you was like, £5million, for that,

I had a regen who was 17 and scored 2 on his debut, a volley and an overhead kick. He moved on to bigger and better things

Wow, I bet you was like, £5million, for that,

I had a regen who was 17 and scored 2 on his debut, a volley and an overhead kick. He moved on to bigger and better things

Well, I managed to recoup ~£3.8 million for him I think, he was a good player, just not good enough to ever be given a chance to redeem himself at Derby after that! Plus we were rolling in cash so I didn't care all that much!

Well, I managed to recoup ~£3.8 million for him I think, he was a good player, just not good enough to ever be given a chance to redeem himself at Derby after that! Plus we were rolling in cash so I didn't care all that much!

Oh that's alright then, the team that bought him didn't see his horror show, I've had a player sent off 4 minutes into his debut for an Elbow, same happened to Cameron Jerome at Brum a couple of years ago!

Downloaded the Old Firm in England, ADDM patch made by someone on this forum.

First game of the season: Rangers v Celtic (me) at Ibrox.

Winning 1-0 (Kikin Fonseca) with around half an hour remaining. Decide to bring on loan signing Ched Evans.

Evans manages to score three almost identical goals - rounding McGregor after being put through - to win the game 4-0.

My guy is nothing compared to a multi-million pound signing for a Premier League team or equivalent, but I was gobsmacked with Theo Robinson's debut for me as Hitchin Town. Admittedly he was a loan signing, but he was also barely 18 or so and straight out of Watford's youth setup iirc. I put him straight on in a Setanta Shield game and he scored 5 times in 10 minutes half-way through the first half, then another goal late in the game for his debut double-hattrick.

That wasn't his only double-hattrick that season, either. He scored 65 for me in all competitions, and he only signed in October...

Ok, it's going back a bit but without a shadow of a doubt there is only one debut... and indeed player that sticks in my mind... let me set the scene...;)

Back in CM03/04, I was in my 3rd season as manager of Stevenage Borough... somehow, after shrewdly investing in youth during my first year in charge, we'd since managed two successive promotions. But the jump looked like it might have come too quickly for the young squad, and despite a sprinkling of lower-league quality throughout the side we lacked a real goal scoring threat up front. Sure enough only three or four games in, and in spite of some valiant defensive performances, we were bottom of the table - won none, scored none...

Desperate times called for desperate measures, and with no transfer money to play with (and a bank balance so negative that the chairman didn’t so much have his bank statements delivered as developed), I found myself staking what little reputation I had by agreeing a deadline day deal to sign a want away striker from Brazil, who I hadn't scouted (other than my assistant saying I should sign him at all costs - and his history suggesting he would be pretty handy in front of goal)... and to top it all... he wouldn't arrive until January...

Over the course of the following four months we were pretty abysmal to watch... defensively solid, but with no one to put the ball in the back of the net things were looking bleak... slowly however we started to gel as a unit and, thanks to a few lucky wins here and there, by Christmas we had begun to climb off the bottom of the table... but things were about to change at Broadhall Way... oh my would they change...

On the 1st January, one Anderson Luiz De Carvalho... or Nenê to his friends... arrived at Heathrow (probably) and slowly made his way round the M25 and up the A1(M) to his new home... The buzz in the dressing room (alright, in front of the PC) was electric as the squad (and I) took their first look at their new teammate... a glimpse that would prove short-lived due to the impending match against the league leaders...

When match day finally came, the ground was full - no doubt the residents were keen to see their new samba sensation make his debut... but could he cut it? That was the question on everyone's lips... (well, everyone excluding the wife, who was rather more interested in whether the volume could be turned down any lower, and whether the Stevenage gaffer could shut the hell up for a bit so she could get some sleep).

The whistle blew to start the game... the opposition kicked off... but no sooner had the clock started ticking than Nenê nonchalantly stole a wayward pass - skipped through the midfield, then the defence, and curled a screamer past the gobsmacked opposition goalie... the team surrounded their new teammate, the fans cheered a new hero, and I simultaneously woke up the wife and the neighbours... 90 minutes later and Nenê had put the opposition to the proverbial sword - terrorizing their defence with his pace and trickery to finish the game with a hat-trick and the match ball... it was a scene that the Boro fans would soon become accustomed to...

In the remaining months Nenê ended up top scorer in the league - knocking in close to 40 goals across all competitions... all despite having played only half the season... The team ended up just missing promotion that year, but only the next season (having rebuked big money offers from several clubs) Nenê inspired the Boro to promotion as league champs...

Yet even this feat wouldn't prove to be the highlight of his Boro career... that moment had arrived mid-season when he single-handedly inspired the team to the 3rd round of the FA Cup... and a date with destiny at Old Trafford... This was a game that the Stevenage Manager (err... I mean me) was simply proud to be involved in – only hoping that the team could avoid a demoralising drubbing, never daring to contemplate a shock upset... indeed it seemed that everyone else was of the same opinion...

The only problem was that Nenê obviously hadn't read the script...

...When the dust settled on the match, the fans sat silently in their seats. Sir Alex no doubt tried to convince himself that what he had just witnessed wasn't real... it couldn't be... could it? Could his team of internationals, who had dictated most, nay all, of the play, really be staring down the wrong end of a 4-1 defeat..! As it turns out, yes they could... and all 4 had been scored by the man the Boro fans call Nenê...

Nenê's glorious Boro career, during which time he had shattered so many of the club's records, finally ended the following summer... He had outgrown the club... he needed to move on, to show his skills on a larger stage... I knew I couldn't match his wage demands any longer, and there were rumours afoot that a big club may be interested in his services. In the end the man that came calling was the very same that had seen his talents first hand only 18 months earlier... yes, Man Utd came in with a sizeable bid that couldn't be ignored, and with that he was gone... But his parting gift to both the fans and the club, was not only the memories of his incomparable performances, but the financial security that his transfer fee provided... the fans wept... the manager sobbed... the wife walked out...

The club would, in time, move on to bigger and better things... but no one player could ever make the same impact at Broadhall Way as Anderson Luiz De Carvalho... the man they called Nenê...

As an addendum to this heart wrenching story, I acquired Nenê many times since our first meeting (in subsequent iterations of the game)... but he has never been able to replicate the impact he made at Stevenage.

My best ones...

Hmmm...

Probably when I got Angel (Regen) from Barca at age 16. He made his debut in the FA cup final off the bench and scored the winner. Spend a season in the youth set up before spending 3 on loan else where making only 9 appearances (and 3 goals) before he turned 21 when he came into the first team. Now 25 and scored more than 120 goals for the club. He's currently on the cusp between being first choice along side Fredriksson (Rediculous regen Striker, 80 odd goals in only 60 odd Caps for Sweden, scored more than 360 goals for the club in only 6 years...), but has faced some tough opposition.

Only really think about that one because of the fact he was 16...

Has to be Jozy Altidore, signed him for 850k for Rangers in the January transfer window, scored 5 on his debut. then 4 against celtic in his second match! ended up top scorer for the season and got me to Uefa cup final... then desserted me to play for USA! gutted... we lost. still quality player

I gave Fabio da Silva his debut for Man. United in the League Cup in 2008/2009. He had a barnstormer and even scored a goal. He's faded majorly since. I'm not approaching summer 2012 and thinking of not renewing his and his brother's contracts.

A great debut for me... Although it was not a signing i made for my club but a player i introduced into the Argentina setup. Having not played for international team at 30. This ST (in 2016) Finally got his debut... but as a 2nd half sub. He came on and scored a Hat-trick in which i then took him off to give somebody else a chance as it was a friendly vs Cameroon.

i rememver on fm07 i thinkn it was 2016 maybe for that year, i was playing with nuremberg, and sign a african guy Sagna was his last name!!, he score me 3 goals, in the first game!!, then he was the best on that year, with 22 goals!! but that bas... when his contract was over, he went to chelsea.....

Ok, it's going back a bit but without a shadow of a doubt there is only one debut... and indeed player that sticks in my mind... let me set the scene...;)

Back in CM03/04, I was in my 3rd season as manager of Stevenage Borough... somehow, after shrewdly investing in youth during my first year in charge, we'd since managed two successive promotions. But the jump looked like it might have come too quickly for the young squad, and despite a sprinkling of lower-league quality throughout the side we lacked a real goal scoring threat up front. Sure enough only three or four games in, and in spite of some valiant defensive performances, we were bottom of the table - won none, scored none...

Desperate times called for desperate measures, and with no transfer money to play with (and a bank balance so negative that the chairman didn’t so much have his bank statements delivered as developed), I found myself staking what little reputation I had by agreeing a deadline day deal to sign a want away striker from Brazil, who I hadn't scouted (other than my assistant saying I should sign him at all costs - and his history suggesting he would be pretty handy in front of goal)... and to top it all... he wouldn't arrive until January...

Over the course of the following four months we were pretty abysmal to watch... defensively solid, but with no one to put the ball in the back of the net things were looking bleak... slowly however we started to gel as a unit and, thanks to a few lucky wins here and there, by Christmas we had begun to climb off the bottom of the table... but things were about to change at Broadhall Way... oh my would they change...

On the 1st January, one Anderson Luiz De Carvalho... or Nenê to his friends... arrived at Heathrow (probably) and slowly made his way round the M25 and up the A1(M) to his new home... The buzz in the dressing room (alright, in front of the PC) was electric as the squad (and I) took their first look at their new teammate... a glimpse that would prove short-lived due to the impending match against the league leaders...

When match day finally came, the ground was full - no doubt the residents were keen to see their new samba sensation make his debut... but could he cut it? That was the question on everyone's lips... (well, everyone excluding the wife, who was rather more interested in whether the volume could be turned down any lower, and whether the Stevenage gaffer could shut the hell up for a bit so she could get some sleep).

The whistle blew to start the game... the opposition kicked off... but no sooner had the clock started ticking than Nenê nonchalantly stole a wayward pass - skipped through the midfield, then the defence, and curled a screamer past the gobsmacked opposition goalie... the team surrounded their new teammate, the fans cheered a new hero, and I simultaneously woke up the wife and the neighbours... 90 minutes later and Nenê had put the opposition to the proverbial sword - terrorizing their defence with his pace and trickery to finish the game with a hat-trick and the match ball... it was a scene that the Boro fans would soon become accustomed to...

In the remaining months Nenê ended up top scorer in the league - knocking in close to 40 goals across all competitions... all despite having played only half the season... The team ended up just missing promotion that year, but only the next season (having rebuked big money offers from several clubs) Nenê inspired the Boro to promotion as league champs...

Yet even this feat wouldn't prove to be the highlight of his Boro career... that moment had arrived mid-season when he single-handedly inspired the team to the 3rd round of the FA Cup... and a date with destiny at Old Trafford... This was a game that the Stevenage Manager (err... I mean me) was simply proud to be involved in – only hoping that the team could avoid a demoralising drubbing, never daring to contemplate a shock upset... indeed it seemed that everyone else was of the same opinion...

The only problem was that Nenê obviously hadn't read the script...

...When the dust settled on the match, the fans sat silently in their seats. Sir Alex no doubt tried to convince himself that what he had just witnessed wasn't real... it couldn't be... could it? Could his team of internationals, who had dictated most, nay all, of the play, really be staring down the wrong end of a 4-1 defeat..! As it turns out, yes they could... and all 4 had been scored by the man the Boro fans call Nenê...

Nenê's glorious Boro career, during which time he had shattered so many of the club's records, finally ended the following summer... He had outgrown the club... he needed to move on, to show his skills on a larger stage... I knew I couldn't match his wage demands any longer, and there were rumours afoot that a big club may be interested in his services. In the end the man that came calling was the very same that had seen his talents first hand only 18 months earlier... yes, Man Utd came in with a sizeable bid that couldn't be ignored, and with that he was gone... But his parting gift to both the fans and the club, was not only the memories of his incomparable performances, but the financial security that his transfer fee provided... the fans wept... the manager sobbed... the wife walked out...

The club would, in time, move on to bigger and better things... but no one player could ever make the same impact at Broadhall Way as Anderson Luiz De Carvalho... the man they called Nenê...

As an addendum to this heart wrenching story, I acquired Nenê many times since our first meeting (in subsequent iterations of the game)... but he has never been able to replicate the impact he made at Stevenage.

I wonder why you called yourself Longbloke :p

:cool:

Easily the best debut ever :D

How do we all know that it is that guys debut? It only shows a 9 minute hattrick.

The Best debut for my players has to be by a 17 year old regen from Changsha, brought in after injuries to Sandro and Zhang Xiaobin he scored twice in his first ever proffesional appearance against Chongqing.

i got mirko vucinic on a free transfer for sevilla and he got injured for 6 months in pre season. i sent him to the reserves "until match fit" and forgot about him.

i played a spanish cup game in january and was short of strikers, so i checked my reserves. he had already played for the b team and scored twice in one game. he scored at hattrick for the first team when i picked him for the cup game, so i immediately gave him a squad number after the match. he ended up my top scorer for the next 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived