longest injury layoff

My best striker just broke his leg in traning today, so im really annoyed right now icon_biggrin.gif. But it got me thinking has anyone seen a polayer who has been out for over 8 months. Eduardo IRL will unfortunatley probably be out for a long time now and i want to know if anyone has had a player who has been injured for over a year or like that. I think the longest i have ever seen is Michael owen at the start of fm 07, he is out for 10 months. So tell me about the your longest and most horrific injuries to players on fm. ps if possible could you provide us with a screenie so that we have proof that it is true , but if that is not possible just tell us icon_wink.gif.

My best striker just broke his leg in traning today, so im really annoyed right now icon_biggrin.gif. But it got me thinking has anyone seen a polayer who has been out for over 8 months. Eduardo IRL will unfortunatley probably be out for a long time now and i want to know if anyone has had a player who has been injured for over a year or like that. I think the longest i have ever seen is Michael owen at the start of fm 07, he is out for 10 months. So tell me about the your longest and most horrific injuries to players on fm. ps if possible could you provide us with a screenie so that we have proof that it is true , but if that is not possible just tell us icon_wink.gif.

on fm07 i had alexander hleb out for nearly a whole season, he played in my first 2 games and was only fit again in time for my last 3 - he helped me win the premier league, fa cup and champions league in those last 3 games! he didnt have 1 long injury, it was a succession of injuries, broken foot, torn calf muscle, etc etc

In my FM07 game Joaquin fractured his skull (out for 3 months), then almost immediately after recovering from that injury he fractured his leg (about 2 months IIRC) and wouldn't you know it, his first game after that injury he broke his leg. 29 million pounds wasted.

I sympathize. on 05, long before i set the rigid rules for formation and composition of my squad, I had 3 forwards in one squad, but one of them was injured in early summer for about 5-6 months, and was back for only a few games before being injured for another 5 or so. I can't remember the exact layoff times (at least 1 was for at least 5 months and the other over 3 months) but you get the picture. put more pressure on the other 2, one was rubbish (but was a lot better when signed later) and the other was brilliant but once managed the not inconsiderable achievement of being injured and suspended at the same time, can't remember if it was in the same season but if it was it was almost certainly the season I had to field no forwards for a game or 2 (as I had none)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

David Beckham broke his neck in one of my fm06 save games, and was out for 11 months. not sure how he managed it though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably fell down the stairs trying out Poshes heels

will at man utd i had a reserve player with 6-9 months from a broken leg and some complication come up because he was out more then 10 months

also i had players whom would recover just to pick up a new injury missing the season from he's injury chain reaction icon_biggrin.gif

Archived