Fans Leaving

Hey quick question... Does your players moral drop if your fans start to leave early? Or just a cosmetic thing?

Also why would fans leave early during a friendly match between say example QPR vs AC Milan? The home QPR fans would stay just to watch AC till the end right even if the score was 5 or 6 nil.... Should that be taken out of the game or is it too hard?

Hey quick question... Does your players moral drop if your fans start to leave early? Or just a cosmetic thing?

Also why would fans leave early during a friendly match between say example QPR vs AC Milan? The home QPR fans would stay just to watch AC till the end right even if the score was 5 or 6 nil.... Should that be taken out of the game or is it too hard?

i dont think it will affect anything??

possibly a pointless thing in the game?

what i have noticed though is that i never score a goal after the fans start leaving.

I have scored in a match after fans have left. It was an old firm game and actually managed to beat Celtic for a change.

It is just a cosmetic thing and simply a piece of commentary that pops up when you are getting stuffed. There is no way it can actually affect them orale of the players during the game and any effect on morale after the game (i.e. going down) will be because you got sutffed!

Even if it is just cosmetic, I think it should maybe be applied only in appropriate situations where the teams are evenly matched (or your team is expected to win).

For example I was managing Carlisle and we drew Arsenal in an early round of the League Cup, we lost the match 3-0 (which I thought wasn't a total disaster) and fans started leaving early, don't think this would happen IRL.

I've noticed this too. After seasons and seasons of working hard to make Kelmis (a Belgian Third-tier) move up to the giddy heights of Champions League, my fans walk out after seeing my team get beat by Celtic. Very unrealistic. I'd accept it if my reputation would've been somewhere near Celtics rep., but this was resoundingly not the case; we had one of those 1000-1 odds of winning the tournament at the start.

dont think it does anything. what i have noticed though is that i never score a goal after the fans start leaving. if they dont i can perhaps get a goal back but NEVER when they leave. even if they leave in the 68th minute.

once i managed to equalize in a bizarre fashion they were up 1-3 then the fans started to leave arround the 80th minute and saha came on (i was Man utd) and scored two goals in the 90 and 90+ minute

Imagine how the Man Utd players would of felt if they knew Sir Bobby Charlton had left before the end of the game in '99 Champions League Final!? Seeing a legend like this leaving would've knocked morale rock bottom! I think maybe things like this should be put into the game more as cosmetic things than importance but in big games like Champions League finals or F.A.Cup Finals for teams like Southampton and Barnsley etc... where if you are loosing it comes up saying "Southampton Legend *insert name here* is leaving along with the fans"

Imagine how the Man Utd players would of felt if they knew Sir Bobby Charlton had left before the end of the game in '99 Champions League Final!? Seeing a legend like this leaving would've knocked morale rock bottom! I think maybe things like this should be put into the game more as cosmetic things than importance but in big games like Champions League finals or F.A.Cup Finals for teams like Southampton and Barnsley etc... where if you are loosing it comes up saying "Southampton Legend *insert name here* is leaving along with the fans"

or just say the chairman is leaving that should do it

Hmm... I guess for me I thought it was very unrealistic for fans to leave if QPR is losing 5-0 to AC Milan because

its a spectacle, a friendly. Most fans would turn up to see AC Milan players face to face more then to watch in all hope

that QPR somehow manage to beat AC... Get my drift?

Archived