How Do I Introduce A New Skin

And what is a rar file?

I've picked up some new skins from the web and they are rar files.

What do I need to do with them to get them into the game?

Probably a simple question to answer, but as Chris Tarrant says, "they are only easy when you know the answer".

And what is a rar file?

Probably a simple question to answer, but as Chris Tarrant says, "they are only easy when you know the answer".

go to www.rarlab.com and download it. its a compression tool like winzip.

basically a "rar" file is a compressed file, or group of files. you need to download the program craigy mentions, so it can extract the compressed files.

to get the skin into the game, once youve downloaded it.. you extract it to > mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/skins

or

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins ON VISTA.

once youve done this, load up the game, go into preferences, and then "display and sound" on the tree menu. you should be able to select your skin from a drop down box there. now i usually get this bit wrong, so bear with me! i think you have tick the "always reload skin on confirm" and untick the "use skin cache" options.. then confirm it...

basically a "rar" file is a compressed file, or group of files. you need to download the program craigy mentions, so it can extract the compressed files.

to get the skin into the game, once youve downloaded it.. you extract it to > mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/skins

or

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins ON VISTA.

once youve done this, load up the game, go into preferences, and then "display and sound" on the tree menu. you should be able to select your skin from a drop down box there. now i usually get this bit wrong, so bear with me! i think you have tick the "always reload skin on confirm" and untick the "use skin cache" options.. then confirm it...

Does the skin have to be implemented on a new game or can it be done on saved game?

You can change your skin at any time, just go to the options and untick the skin cache box and reload the skin

Ive downloaded the SkySports skin and when Ive saved it to the Skins folder it doesnt appear in the drop down skin in the preferences/Display and Sounds file on the game. How would I get this to appear as an option to choose as my skin?

And what is a rar file?

Have a look at this thread in the Sinning forum Andrewmaha, should tell you everything you need to know

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=37980

Archived