Asia

South Korea

Africa

South Africa

Oceania

Australia

Plus one or Two other Euro League

Is run nice thanks to 4gb ram, but is slows down after 12-15 season

I normally run just the English leagues with all the home nations in the background, but I have played a game where I had all the Home Nations Leagues running (Eng, Ire, Sco, Wales, N.Ire) and every single nation added as extra, it didn't take as long as expected and actually played a couple of seasons like this and also found quite a few gems as well!

I normally run just the English leagues with all the home nations in the background

Does putting leagues in the background slow things down very much and is it worth it for regens and things like that?

I presume the difference is just in terms of how much calculating needs to be done when simulating matches?

I'm thinking of having a really long-term save managing one team on FM09 but I am tempted to load some other leagues to keep an eye on and also for regens. I was also going to load all players from certain countries in order to get lots of good regens in the future. My main concern is how much things will slow down over time as I want to be playing the save for as long as possible.

I've recently upgraded my RAM for FM09 and now have 4GB in my laptop so hopefully this will help keep things running smoothly in terms of a long-term save.

I still haven't made my mind up whether or not to load up any additional leagues from other countries though. There doesn't seem to be much point when you are just intending to play with one team for the whole game.

Anyone got any opinions on this?

I find having the home-nations running in the background is better if you are playing at a lower level as there is a bigger pool of players to scout from, however if you intend on managing at a high level then I wouldn't really bother.

As for speed, it runs pretty much OK, I can near enough play a season in a day (about 10 hours, which I don't do very often!). I only have 2gig of ram and it's fine.

from a personal point of view, i'd load the leagues where the best footballers/regens would be likely to come from - for instance, i'd always load the French league in some form, (possibly Holland as well), due to lots of the clubs having Academies!

I wouldn't be as likely to load say Sweden, Norway, Turkey etc. as there would be fewer Academies knocking around.

Not sure if this has any particular bearing on the players produced, but you do tend to get better youth players, the better the development structure you have at the club. :)

Leagues I tend to go with are the main Champions League contenders:-

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Scotland (for Celtic/Rangers)

Spain

and if it isn't too slow, maybe load as non-playable leagues a mixture of Ireland/Norn Iron,Wales, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium (for loans).

I recently upgraded my laptop to 2GB and I ran 76 leagues from 32 countries, by the time I had set the game up I needed another shave!

I have also tried running a load of DDT files from a majority of coutries in Europe, SAmerica, Africa, same thing happens slower than Jan Molby in a pedalo!!

Have any of you who are running multiple leagues got very far in the game and, if so, has it slowed down much over time as a result of you running so many countries?

When I click on the recommended setting for FM08, it usually gives me the option of loading four countries. So I'm tempted to pick four countries that I'm interested in and load the entire league structure of each.

I definitely want to load England because this is where I will be playing. I am also thinking of loading Wales, mainly because you can start the game in Wales and get extra time in England to prepare during your first season in the game! It would probably also be useful for feeder clubs. The other country I would think about loading is Italy because I like to keep an eye on the leagues and also for feeder teams and regens. I'm not sure who else I would think about loading up. Maybe another big European country or perhaps a country in another continent for commercial reasons, i.e. getting feeder teams in asia or something like that.

I am going to go with a large database, for sure, and also load all players from the UK and Ireland and maybe from a few other countries as well.

I want the game to be a really long-term save so I'm fretting a bit over what setup to go with!

Yeah depends, think about what level of club and league I want to start with then add at least 4 or 5 leagues that will act as feeder leagues for my club. Low European club for example I'd enable Croatia, Belgium, Turkey etc etc. Always normally have Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain in there.

How many leagues do you use in your game? Also, does the game load slower the further you get into it?

i first look at recommended set up....how ever many league it gives me i usually drop it by one, and then get rid of some lower leagues in foreign countries, i love to have all leagues in england!

usually go for:

england

spain

germany

italy

france

Archived