Release Date

lol- no one cares for FIFA manager, especially on these forums!!!

The funny thing is some people do care about that poor excuse for a game. I tried the demo last year and was shocked at how bad it was. Why any true football fan would want to worry about wife and kids in a football game is beyond me

I find it hilarious that you are all spouting off about Fifa 09 being worse than FM09 when you have played neither :rolleyes: While I doubt it will happen, there is always the possibility that FM09 will be crap and Fifa will be good, but until we try them we will have no idea. Remember the days when everyone thought Fifa Football was the best thing since sliced bread and could never be beaten, then Pro Evo came along ;)

I find it hilarious that you are all spouting off about Fifa 09 being worse than FM09 when you have played neither :rolleyes: While I doubt it will happen, there is always the possibility that FM09 will be crap and Fifa will be good, but until we try them we will have no idea. Remember the days when everyone thought Fifa Football was the best thing since sliced bread and could never be beaten, then Pro Evo came along ;)

to be fair fifa have got their act together quite a bit. Wasn't the last Pro evo a disaster (removing some online capabilities i believe?) and apparently this one just out isn't much better either!

The funny thing is that lots of previews have said this could be the one that sees FIFA take over from FM at the top of the management game tree. Also quite funny is how FM has started pinching features from FIFA ;)

There's every chance that one year a CM or FIFA Manager will come out that blows FM out of the water. I won't believe it till I see it though.

Having said that, following from the sting of FM08 and having that 'too many new features, every chance half will be lame, won't work properly or be simply repetative until they're tuned, like FM06 to FM07' I will be giving the new FIFA demo a go.

I love FM, but I feel no brand loyalty tbh. If I'm going to spend a third of my life playing a football management game, I want it to be the best available :)

With the seemingly unlimited resources available to EA, FIFA Manager should be the best on the market.

I have tried it a few times but it's always glossy, colourful and license-heavy, but completely bereft of "soul".

to be fair fifa have got their act together quite a bit. Wasn't the last Pro evo a disaster (removing some online capabilities i believe?) and apparently this one just out isn't much better either!

EA have got their act together in Fifa, yeah. PES 09 is a joke. When the players run...they look so weird.

Fifa manager on the other hand is gay.

With the seemingly unlimited resources available to EA, FIFA Manager should be the best on the market.

I have tried it a few times but it's always glossy, colourful and license-heavy, but completely bereft of "soul".

I tend to buy it every year as a stop gap for FM, I retain interest for a month or so max and then interest dies and its FM (and now FM LIve) all the way. I don't really know why I bother, I always get bored of it, I guess its the flashy graphics and packaging!

Archived