League progression in FM09

I put up a post a few months ago about how I was disappointed that even though my Celtic team had won the champions leauge and the other scottish teams were doing well in europe...the scottish leauge did not progress the way the clubs had...for instance prize money and tv money did not go up...big players still considered Scotland a step down, even from smaller clubs.

What I would like to know is if a mid-reputation leauge can progress into being one of the top leagues in FM09?

If not then there seems like little point in goin a team outside of the top 4 or 5 leauges in the world, as you are always limited by the starting reputation of the league...

I always thought that league reputation, like club reputation, could progress, but apparantly it is static and that seems a bit strange to me. However, I think some peoples expectation of progression is a bit unrealistic and one CL for Celtic probably would increase their chance of getting decent players, but wouldn't put them on a par with other top leagues. Look at the Ajax team of the mid '90s and how amazing they were, yet they never attracted top talent and the Dutch league was always considered a selling league.

IMO club reputation should not be static, but it should if it is given the ability to progress it has to be extremely slow/stunted.

Archived