FM09 In the shops!

Is anyone going to a shop to buy the game rather than pre-ordering?! Especially as last year they released it early as one retailer broke the release date then the rest followed!

And if you are going to buy it in a shop where have you found is the cheapest place?!

I preordered for 07 and ended up dispointed everyone got thier game before the release date as a shop released it a day early so the rest did. For 08, the day before release i sat in my room and got a text saying we were selling it early, text all my friends and we all flew into town on the bus

Why on earth would I go out of my way to buy it at a shop when I can have it delivered to my door for free :)

Being as excited as I am about FM09, there is absolutely no way I'd risk the dissapointment of pre-ordering it and not being delivered on release day. It's just a risk I'm not willing to take.

I preordered for 07 and ended up dispointed everyone got thier game before the release date as a shop released it a day early so the rest did. For 08, the day before release i sat in my room and got a text saying we were selling it early, text all my friends and we all flew into town on the bus

That's the thing...if si have to release 2 days earlier again i'd be gutted i'd pre-ordered,so i'm gonna get my lazy arse into town on release day

Airbus?

*cough*

like music, I find buying or downloading online loses that special feeling, always nice to go to the shop and buy the game, reading the manual on the way back home

last year I got it from tesco, because i was working really late and everywhere else was shut, ended up paying an extra fiver but saved myself more then that by not going out that night

nagh, i'll still be going out, i'm 28, about time i got myself a girlfriend, I'll look a bit daft if i took a copy of fm 2009 to this years works xmas party, rather then an attractive looking girl

always good too to go out for a few celebration drinks when I take Stockport county to the championships, though I'll always feel guilty about displacing Jim Gannon

Being as excited as I am about FM09, there is absolutely no way I'd risk the dissapointment of pre-ordering it and not being delivered on release day. It's just a risk I'm not willing to take.

Yeah but for the price I'm getting it at I could happily wait a few extra days. I'm not canceling a pre-order and paying an extra £12 to get it at midnight when I have to be up early the next day. Anyway everything I've ever ordered online has got here on time

haven't pre-ordered it yet, because I am not sure yet where to order... s/h ist quite pricey to Austria from most places oddly enough, so maybe I will wait and play my 2030 FM2008 game to death first ;)

I'm going to be picking mine up just after midnight from the local Tesco 24. :)

If that fails some how or other I'll just go home, log into Steam, hit download and go to bed until it's with me.

Then while everyone else is waiting for the post or getting ready to go to work, I'll have lugged the microwave, kettle and George Forman into my room, stocked a mini-fridge with steaks, milk and beer, built a pot noodle fort around me and be knuckling down to my first season. :D

I was going to pre-order from HMV as I quite fancied their snazzy little mini mouse, however they will only deliver to my billing address of my card. Being at uni that isn't very handy as I would then need it sent on - costing me postage. I think instead it calls for a trip into Cardiff to go make my pre-order in store. Failing that I may just head out at 11.59 and hope the local 24hr tesco have it on the shelves at the correct time!

Considering I'm working from 8am until 5:30 on the day of release, I'll be asleep at midnight haha. And by the time I get into town from work the shops will be shut. So I've pre-ordered from HMV to get the mini mouse too. If it doesn't arrive on time, I'll still have Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2 and Smackdown 09 to play haha. Though my heart will be with FM09...might have to stay away from the boards.

My girlfriend is not going to see me much at all.

I was going to pre-order from HMV as I quite fancied their snazzy little mini mouse, however they will only deliver to my billing address of my card. Being at uni that isn't very handy as I would then need it sent on - costing me postage. I think instead it calls for a trip into Cardiff to go make my pre-order in store. Failing that I may just head out at 11.59 and hope the local 24hr tesco have it on the shelves at the correct time!

They said in the blogs thread that you can pre-order from HMV instore and still will get the fm mini-mouse so just do that! :D

So do tesco put it out at 00.01 then on the 14th?!

Well I work for tesco and know for a fact my store will be selling it at 00:01 on the 14th, got my copy reserved already!! What with my discount card and clubcard vouchers won't cost me a penny!! :-)

Archived