Please help extend the games lifespan

lol well it WAS 2222!!! i think the challanges forum is great, really helped me to keep an interest int he game this year. theres always something different goin off in there... dunno how people keep coming up with the ideas!!

If you don't fancy one of the things in the challenges forum, one of my favourite things to do is to use the editor to release all the players from a club and then give yourself a pile of cash to build a new team from scratch. It's normally fairly entertaining for a couple of seasons. Barcelona is normally my club of choice.

If you don't fancy one of the things in the challenges forum, one of my favourite things to do is to use the editor to release all the players from a club and then give yourself a pile of cash to build a new team from scratch. It's normally fairly entertaining for a couple of seasons. Barcelona is normally my club of choice.

Sounds interesting, though I would imagine that the major entertainment is derived from building the squad in the very first ransfer period and then it becomes just another ordinary save, doesn't it?

Also, do you snap up any of the former Barca players on a free then? ;)

Sounds interesting, though I would imagine that the major entertainment is derived from building the squad in the very first ransfer period and then it becomes just another ordinary save, doesn't it?

Also, do you snap up any of the former Barca players on a free then? ;)

Depends. The first window is obviously the major source of fun. But last time I did it on FM08, I gave myself about £200m, which sounds a lot, but it just about bought me a first 11 plus a couple of subs, plus a few decent youngsters. So you're operating with a very tight squad. More than a couple of injuries, and you have to get a bit creative with your tactics.

It's up to you what you do with the free transfered players, but I normally allow myself to keep one player at the club (Messi, obviously) and then I'm not allowed to sign any of the others.

Archived