PSP Editor - Couple of victims required

• SI Staff

Hi,

The PSP Editor is nearing release and I'm after a couple of victims external to SI to give it a whirl offsite ... if you're interested in helping with this then please email me at:

marcv2@aol.com

(SI's email is somewhat sluggish currently so this is an easier addy to get me on currently)

If I get flooded with requests then the first 10 get in ...

Thanks in advance,

Marc 'going to bed now honest' Vaughan

• SI Staff

Hi,

The PSP Editor is nearing release and I'm after a couple of victims external to SI to give it a whirl offsite ... if you're interested in helping with this then please email me at:

marcv2@aol.com

(SI's email is somewhat sluggish currently so this is an easier addy to get me on currently)

If I get flooded with requests then the first 10 get in ...

Thanks in advance,

Marc 'going to bed now honest' Vaughan

• SI Staff

Thanks for the quick responses chaps - testing positions are now filled.

I'll be emailing all the people who applied in the next hour or so with where to obtain the beta version of the editor.

Thanks again for your help icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wolf boi:

i feel silly now lol but no seriously i cant use it at all!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you managed to install and run it ok?

If so when the window appears by default its on 'Overview' which will show any current edits you've done and will be simply a blank table at this point.

If you've a changes.txt file already then hit 'Load' from the menu bar and select it to load it up.

(You should find that the 'Overview' now shows what changes were present in that file)

To do further changes hit either 'Clubs' or 'Players' to bring up tables containing lists of either clubs or players.

To edit either simply click on the item you want to change and it'll display a dialog which allows you to edit them.

To filter items out of the tables to find specific items either use the text entry filter on the screens or use the top right menu's which allow quick filters by nation and division.

Once you're happy with all of your changes hit 'save' and save the file (normally as changes.txt but this is up to you).

Hope this helps,

Marc

• SI Staff

load should bring up a file loading dialog box.

Only problem I've found in house on some installs is that sometimes the data files corrupt when its first run (this is normally visible by no clubs or players being displayed on those tabs and nothing to do with loading files or otherwise I'm afraid).

If you think this might be a cause - visible by the club.dat file and person.dat file being 0kb in size then please reinstall and make those files write protected before you run up the editor.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Only problem I've found in house on some installs is that sometimes the data files corrupt when its first run </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought this was fixed on the build given to you chaps - but after all this is one of the reasons I'm doing to beta to ensure that this is the case icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wolf boi:

ok it works and i can use it on my psp YAH now i can say

MWAH I GOT IT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool - a new exe which has fixed this problem is being uploaded now (same place and file name so if you haven't d/l the installer yet hopefully you won't see that issue).

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drhenry:

I missed it... but what is it for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite sure what you mean - its an editor for FMH2007.

• SI Staff

would it be possible to be able to see the positions of the players because otherwise your left guessing and is there a function to clear a whole team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could probably have placed this in - but positions aren't editable in this version and I presumed that generally you'll know the position of the players you're editing (thus it was redundant).

I want to get this version out asap really - so unless there's a 100% concensus that it should be delayed to add this I'd prefer not to (it'd also make the download larger).

erm when i load up a changes file generated by the editor it only show club changes and not player changes but if you go into the changes file through notepad it shows them going to a club do you have to use the full name cause it doesnt work if you input the short name as of yet

Ok doesnt look like it is making player changes at all just club this is waht i tried

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Purpose: This file contains database edits for the PSP FMH2007 game.

# Format: "CLUB" "<Name>" "<Nation>" "<New Name>" "<New Short Name>" "<Reputation>" "<Division>"

# Format: "PLAYER" "<First Name>" "<Second>" "<Club Name>" "<New First Name>" "<New Second Name>" "<New YOB>" "<New CA>" "<New PA>" "<New Club>"

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# START CLUB CHANGES

"CLUB" "Chelsea" "England" "Rydas A.F.C." "Rydas" "" "English Conference National"

"CLUB" "Rushden & Diamonds" "England" "" "" "" "English Premier Division"

# END CLUB CHANGES

# START PLAYER CHANGES

"PLAYER""Andriy" "Shevchenko" "Chelsea" "" "" "" "" "" "Woking"

# END PLAYER CHANGES

and it changed the clubs fine but not the player at all!?!?!?! icon_frown.gif

if u change a clubs name it doesnt work if you want to take any players out of ther so you have to do all the changes and then manually change the club and player order around in notepad/word and then it will work thats the only way i can make it work at the moment

P.S. Any help marc jus possibly

• SI Staff

if u change a clubs name it doesnt work if you want to take any players out of ther so you have to do all the changes and then manually change the club and player order around in notepad/word and then it will work thats the only way i can make it work at the moment

P.S. Any help marc jus possibly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will change the order this is done in - shouldn't be a problem at all.

(have done this now - won't be able to upload a new version until tomorrow morning now though I'm afraid)

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fenerbahcefan:

i am away one day and i miss out. DAMN. I WANT TO JUMP OFF A BRDIGE NOW

totaly unfair some n00bs like wolf boi who contributed nothing get hold of the BETA editor. i just wish you could have made the application process a bit longer!

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're really desperate email me and I'll be kind ...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoyKeanio:

Marc, send it to me and I'll upload it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its on 'beta' currently so I don't want it put on a download outside of SI I'm afraid .... not yet anyway ...

(not expecting this to be a prolonged beta test - with luck it'll be out in the wild within a week or so)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

hey sean wat u think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Download failed icon_frown.gif Re-trying now though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about now?

Archived