The Game gets to easy

Hi

One of the things I hope they improve on the game is when you win the league once it becomes to easy

For example with Newcastle I was there 12 seasons

1st - TOP 6

2nd - TOP 5

3rd - TOP 4

4th -TOP 2

5th - WON

6th - WON

7th- WON

8th - WON

It becomes to easy to win the league . Does any body else feel that ??

It does if you're a decent Premier League team yes.. start unemployed, with little previous experience and all leagues including Blue Square North / South. Then, without any cheating (ie exploiting some system flaws, using fm scout etc), get a team to the premier league then tell me it's easy..

Hi

One of the things I hope they improve on the game is when you win the league once it becomes to easy

For example with Newcastle I was there 12 seasons

1st - TOP 6

2nd - TOP 5

3rd - TOP 4

4th -TOP 2

5th - WON

6th - WON

7th- WON

8th - WON

It becomes to easy to win the league . Does any body else feel that ??

Complaining about winning the league :D

(Maybe you're just a good manager Matthew? - And welcome to the forums)

It just seems that in the game as soon as you start winning a tittle , all the other big 4 pack in and cant be bothered

Like I am Newcastle and have won 6 concective tittles , and it seems there are no challengers no ones get even close

I want to start a new one with Arsenal , does any body else share the same experience that no one challenges after a while ??

It just seems that in the game as soon as you start winning a tittle , all the other big 4 pack in and cant be bothered

Like I am Newcastle and have won 6 concective tittles , and it seems there are no challengers no ones get even close

I want to start a new one with Arsenal , does any body else share the same experience that no one challenges after a while ??

Won't starting the game with arsenal make things even easier for you, as already said, start unemployed with low rep. the game is easy if you start with teams with lots of money to spend

Hmm. I don't think the game is easy... I'm constantly a mid-table finisher. I've only gotten promoted once in the past year of playing FM. But I feel like I'm still learning the ropes.

9- WON

10 - WON

11 - WON

12 - WON

Thanks EveryBody

I hope FM09 will be more challenging with ARSENAL , I hope it makes i hard , even when you are a good team.

Originally Posted by dankrzyz

Hmm. I don't think the game is easy... I'm constantly a mid-table finisher. I've only gotten promoted once in the past year of playing FM. But I feel like I'm still learning the ropes.

Me too I'm not particularly fantastic at the game. I'm usually good at turning bad teams into decent ones, but never really end up winning anything. I'm more of a troubleshooter. When the new one comes out I'll try to stick at one team for a few years no matter what happens. Now I tend to chicken out of taking a team to the next level. I sort of run out of ideas once I get into the top 6 or so, plus I can't train players for toffee so that puts me off sometimes.

I hope that this is what SI are talking about when they describe the revamped transfer market, to be honest.

My feeling is that part of why it gets too easy is teams spending huge sums on players that they don't need / who won't start for them. If the revamped transfer market has teams buying and selling based on need, then it should go a long way towards fixing that problem.

The two other aspects I'd like to see improved are:

Better development of youth players by AI managers, e.g., "blooding" youth in matches such as the League Cup, getting them substitute appearances in matches that are well in hand, getting occasional starts. That sounds like it should be partially addressed by the "newgens start with higher CA" fix described in the podcast and blog. I hope it is also addressed with AI-manager choice for the 6th and 7th subs in Premiership matches and more aggressive loan behavior.

Better protection of the top-class AI managers. For example, I watched an AI manager with an overly conservative approach climb the ranks despite consistently underperforming, turning victories into draws with his defensive outlook. He eventually reached top-four clubs and Argentina .. which he should never have been able to do. Conversely, a truly brilliant regen manager took over a 10th-placed Man U. side, won the F.A. Cup with them, took them to 7th, and by his second season had them in 2nd to an absolutely dominant side at the height of their powers ... but was sacked for not taking Man U. to first. He needed more time, I thought, and a board who could understand that he was head and shoulders above the previous three managers that they'd had.

Archived