High scoring Champions League matches - my game is weird.

This season, and most of the seasons before that, I have either been involved in or witnessed huge scores in Champs League matches.

I'll use this season as an example. My group:

Rangers (me)

FC Bayern

Besiktas

Middlesboro.

The first fixtures resulted this:

Rangers 5 - 1 Besiktas

Bayern 10 - 0 Boro!!!

Then I had Roma in the knock outs, and I beat them 3-1 at home and the 0-3 away, THEN I play Inter and beat them 0-5 away in the first leg!

It should be noted that for both the Roma and Inter games I played with NO opposition instructions - what's up with that?

Has anyone else experienced high-scoring CL games? Usually there are at least 5 goals per CL game for me (be it for or against).

Then I had Roma in the knock outs, and I beat them 3-1 at home and the 0-3 away, TH

i'm in my second season with chelsea and quarter final of champs league i was against inter which i beat 3-0 away and drew 1-1 at home then i had bayern munchen in the semis which i won 5-0 away and 3-2 at home ! im about to play liverpool in final so lets hope i can notch up a massive win there! icon_smile.gif

every year in the cl this happens, not so much in the gruop stage but in the knock out, its really annoying. because i konw even if i won 1-0 or even by 2 or 3 goals its never safe.

for example i was 3-1 up vs man u, then ended up being trashed 5-1 away. 2-1 up aginst roma go and loose 4-2.

i mean there must be away to sort this out maybe im doing the team talks all wrong, but it always seems to happen.

I've had a few high scoring games with Bremen, but that's partly due to my tactics - I always like to attack and we are pretty bad at defending. First season when we reached the semi-finals before getting caned by Real Madrid we finished as top scorers and top conceders in the tournament.

The following season we qualified from our group courtesy of a 5-5 draw away to CSKA Moscow in our final game!

Depends on your tactics tbh. I went 6 years with FC Bayern and a defensive tactic in the CL, usually winning 1-0 or losing by the odd goal, of course there were some random high scores. Then I moved to Barcelona and went all out attack in the CL, my first season produced a first knockout round 8-1 on agg agaisnt Benfica, QF was 4-3 on agg against Man Utd and 6-4 in the semis on agg against Sevilla. The final was a bit boring winnign 2-0 against Real Madrid.

The fact is Utd, Sevilla and Benfica all played very open attacking football and that coupled with my attacking football led to huge scorelines. Whereas my defensive, softly, softly approach with Bayern never produced more than 3 goals for a team in a match in 6 years.

Archived