FMH2009 - more stable than FMH08?

Hi all,

does anyone know if any progress was made regarding the "load game failed" problems and game crashing that made me lose 2 great careers on FMH08, I managed to play one 30 season career but only by switching to my original memory card and saving 2 copies of the game each time (had to use the backup copy at least 3 times during the career)

Would all the work with the match engine, multiple leagues etc, make FMH09 potentially more or less crash-prone than 08?

any thoughts?

• SI Staff

As always we do our utmost to ensure our games are as stable and playable as possible - unfortunately there may be obscure issues which escaped our attention with the last version but we've done our utmost to source problem save games from people and rectify anything which caused problems in the last version.

Of the save games we recieved we were able to ascertain the cause of the issue in about 85% of them - these have obviously been fixed, in the others its likely that it will have been something we've rectified but the corruption wasn't predictable enough to be 100% certain of this (as a 'rogue' pointer can afflict any area of memory for instance and its not possible to accurately 'back track' and determine the cause of it from a save game).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
:( i have had this issue on both games i have started on 2009. Saved Game then when i went back to game later said "LOAD GAME FAILED"

Is there anything i can do to fix the corrupt games??

If you can email the files zipped up to me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) then I can look into it.

• SI Staff
so there's a crash bug in 09??

Can't say at present - its possible that its a fault on a memory card or that the PSP was turned off before the save completed, but obviously the sensible thing for us to do is to try and obtain a copy of the save game and check things out just in case.

• SI Staff
i never switch mine off, always on sleep mode quicker to pick up where i left it. I have had no crashes yet!

I'd personally suggest rebooting your PSP every 24 hours of play or so (ie. turning off/on and restarting via. UMD) - the reason for this being that the longer a computer (or console) is used the more the memory fragments and the more its likely to have issues.

Note 'play' means active play - not suspended, having the machine in sleep mode doesn't allow memory to get fragmented however long its sleeping for.

(think of memory like a suitcase - when its ordered nicely everything fits, but the messier it gets the more likely something won't fit in neatly - thats how a computers memory gets if you leave it on for ages)

It SHOULDNT cause any issues - but I'd personally never go looking for problems just in case.

Archived