is he mad?!

im managing arsenal and just got to the january transfer window. a few months ago i agreed to sign huntelaar at the end of the season for 7.5 now and 7.5 over 12 months. any way with this in mind i decided if i got a good offer for bendtner who i dont like i will accept it as i will have about 10 good strikers. so milan make an enquiry for bendtner and i ask for 10m plus 50% sell on fee and they offered that but the chairman accepted it on my behalf. im not upset because like i said i was going to accept any way but why would the chairman need to do this when i have over £100m in the bank? this is actually the first time its happened to me and it seems crazy when i have so much money!

I don't see a problem with this, the negotiation you made is considered a price at which you'd be willing to sell, so perhaps the Chairman is just taking the bull by the horns. If he had accepted that bid without any input from you, it would be a more serious issue.

I fairly often find myself on the reverse end of this. At Barcelona I've become a bit free with cash and, while I still try to haggle, I don't really see it being a problem spending £20m on someone I know will be 3rd choice. This has meant on several occasions I've negotiated a big deal for a player and have offered whatever the opposing manager has proposed at which point the board steps in and accepts on the manager's behalf.

Archived