my saved game plays slower on another laptop

I think you want the game to go quicker not slower surely? Try disabling as much stuff as possible thats running in the background. Do this by right clicking on the icons on the bottom right of your desktop and selecting the approporiate option to stop the process. How much ram does your new laptop have compared to your old one? You might be able to upgrade the ram which will also help with speed.

i have just changed laptops and managed to get my saved game onto this laptop which is not as powerful but the game runs alot slower than my other laptop , is there anything i can do to make the game go slower or am i doomed and need to start a new game?

That is your problem, as the poster above mentioned how much RAM does this system have. Popst the specs of both systems so we can see.

sorry i did mean faster lol , somebody at work told me how to do this earlier but i forgot can you please tell me how to fidn out the specs , im using windows vista. i will post them at 12 30 when im on my dinner. cheers for the help

go to control panel then system properties. It will tell you in there. Or just right click My Computer and Properties that will take you to the same screen.

i had loads of leagues on my other one and it ran mine , i think it had 3gb of ram and i must have had about 60 odd leagues running and it worked fine. its not hooked up to the internet and as far as i know not much is running in the back ground. i dont think turning off anything in the background will work now you know how many leagues i have got running. what kind of memory am i looking for because looking at dabs etc it dosnt call it ram. im no pro when it comes to computers as u can tell

i had loads of leagues on my other one and it ran mine , i think it had 3gb of ram and i must have had about 60 odd leagues running and it worked fine. its not hooked up to the internet and as far as i know not much is running in the back ground. i dont think turning off anything in the background will work now you know how many leagues i have got running. what kind of memory am i looking for because looking at dabs etc it dosnt call it ram. im no pro when it comes to computers as u can tell

1 GIG of ram is you issue mate. What OS are you running? Upgrade to to 2-3GIG and it will Purr, is it XP VISTA? If its vista are you running AREO ETC?

I buy my laptop memory from here mate, it breaks it down into manufactorers/models.

http://www.offtek.co.uk/laptopmem.php?maincat=1&subcat=1

Archived