What NEW feature do you hope is in 09?

Some may find it petty but I hope the 'loan-anyone-without-paying-wages' bug is fixed. I could get anyone and pay 0 towards his wages, really gives a team an unfair advantage.

This happens IRL. We got John Ruddy (Everton) and Shaleum Logan (Citeh) on loan at the end of last season without paying an penny of their wages.

I remember once in FM 08 I was interested in signing a good south american player on a free but noticed there were about 35 interested clubs. I thought I didn't really have a chance of getting him because I was a crappy Swedish team, I offered him a contract anyway and to my surprise no one else did. I got him and he had a storming season. Even so, I found it a tad unrealistic that no other club made an offer. He didn't want much in terms of wages but I was the only one who made an offer.

I remember once in FM 08 I was interested in signing a good south american player on a free but noticed there were about 35 interested clubs. I thought I didn't really have a chance of getting him because I was a crappy Swedish team, I offered him a contract anyway and to my surprise no one else did. I got him and he had a storming season. Even so, I found it a tad unrealistic that no other club made an offer. He didn't want much in terms of wages but I was the only one who made an offer.

ive had this also. a very highly rated regen over 40 interested clubs and i was the only one to bid.

Not so much a new feature, but a mistake that has been repaired.

Namely, when starting as a lower league club, a regen assistant manager or coach is always hired even if the club in question doesn't have one IRl. Example is Harrogate, who have a manager and a first team coach. The game always generates an assistant, who inevitably has crap stats and costs me 1K of a very low budget to get rid of.

I hope that in FM09, when you bid on a player, that a dozen other clubs don't copy you when they'd never have bidded if you hadn't! Myself and a lot of other people I knew had it happen to them.

this always narked me.... how do they know...HOW DO THEY KNOW:@

Why not, if they had better options...

Some may find it petty but I hope the 'loan-anyone-without-paying-wages' bug is fixed. I could get anyone and pay 0 towards his wages, really gives a team an unfair advantage.

So your main hope for a new feature is that something which isn't even a bug is fixed?

I'm not that easy to please, but the announced features sound great and I guess that it's rather unlikely that anything more than an additional nice touch that has not been announced yet will be in the next version.

Archived