beating chelsea

No there's not. Try 4-1-4-1, mark the lone striker using a Defensive midfielder, have your full backs stay back and play through balls, and hope to nick a goal with a loan striker. Use your two central midfielders to spread play to two wide men and use a loan striker who's good in the air and pretty quick.

When I play them in my Liverpool games, they more often than not beat me (Lampard usually scores about 6 30-yard screamers :mad:)

Yet, when I am managing a lesser team, say Atletico Madrid/Shalke, I somehow walk all over the top of them.

Never heard of a bug that guarantees victory over them.

if you play a lone striker dont the chelsea defence have trouble marking the player? i thought it had something to do with zonal marking but i may be wrong..

i nearly always beat chelsea 4 - 0 home or away, and sometimes chelsea put up a good fight but i still always outscore against them

is it not cause they play man marking, so if you have the players in between their center backs e.g. 1 striker, 3 strikers or attacking midfielders running forward it means you will always have a spare man in attack. i think i read a thread a while back where a guy beat them 8-3 or something as Liverpool and torres scored 8 or something like that, just cause he had 4 players against their center backs. (1 striker, 3 attacking midfielders with Farrows)

as others have said - play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1. i usually have two attacking midfielders making forward runs and for some reason the Chelsea CDs ALWAYS pick these guys up and completely ignore my striker. best result i've had was a 7-1 win, Berbatov scoring 5 of the, - and three of those were him picking the ball up on the halfway line and running in a straight line without a defender getting near him.

it got so i would deliberately not play a lone striker against them cos it felt too much like a cheat it was so easy.

There is certainly an exploit against them, anyone who says there isn't, clearly just hasn't found it out.

I don't think it's as easy as just playing one up front though. I play one up front and have beaten Chelsea once in 4 CL ties, not that that's a bad thing, I don't want to take advantage of an exploit, but one up front doesn't guarantee a win.

Early on in the game, say first couple of years:

In oposition instructions, set Frank Lampard to be "Always" closed down with "hard" tackling. Your team's individual instructions use a good CB to man-mark Drogba. Plus some other bits, but you'll have to set your own attacking bits.

Of course, you need a good attack. If you are Man U or Liverpool this usually works. If you are Derby or Stoke, it's unlikely to be much good.

Normally use a 5-3-2 with attacking wing backs and an arrow from CM to the ST position (with an AMC in that role) and good tacklers either side of him. Against the big teams, anyway.

Archived