Intro, and my amazing run with a fierce foe

Okay then lads...This is my first post so Hi. I joined this forum 'cause I play FM quite regularly, and have done so more often in recent times due to an astonishing run which I am going to talk about now.

I'm a lifelong Man Utd fan, always was, am and will be. But for some reason, I decided to play a game with Arsenal, our bitter rivals. And I want to show you some extraordinary. Check this out:

Game date: 21st April 2012

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=169jpl4&s=4

YES! I'm telling you this is no joke AT ALL! After losing first game of the first Prem season to Man Utd, I have not lost since! This has come about through loads of luck and a great squad, here below as current:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ztj1xk&s=4

Yep, good team I think, but here are my notable absences...

Kolo Touré - went 2/1/08 to AC Milan for £16.5 million

Robin Van Persie - same date, same club, £13 million

Nicklas Bendtner - 1/7/08, same club, £10 million

Theo Walcott - 7/8/09, Pompey, £10 million

Manuel Almunia - 1/7/09, same club, £1 million

Carlos Vela - 25/8/09, Inter, £11 million

Mathieu Flamini - 1/1/12, Boro, £5 million

You may be like: OH MY GOD HOW COULD HE DO SUCH A THING, SELL SUCH GOOD PLAYERS?!?! These transfers were for the good of the club, and for me at the time. Look where its landed us.

Heres my formation:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2e2l1m1.jpg

Competiton records:

http://i35.tinypic.com/122c2dh.jpg

Like it?

I do!

Comments please

If you do not believe me, I'd be glad to prove you wrong!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, welcome to the forums:)..

Can you post your screenshots on www.imageshack.com or www.tinypic.com instead, so we don't have to download the pics..

Links don't work.

Edit: or we have to download them, then :D

You don't have to save them on your PC, just go to download them as you normally would and then they will appear in the browser. Just a few extra mouse clicks. ;)

, Jod has been extremely nice today, perhaps he has finally given up being evil
They're quite readable actually.

And what's with Jod today, assisting a couple forumers. This isn't the Jod i see everyday!

Lads, I am always nice. I don't know the meaning of the word evil. ;):D

GUYS GUYS!

I may be new but please stick to topic PLEASE!

So what do u think? Believe it or not?

Coments? Player suggestions?

Sorry, I seem to be getting all the attention. ;):D

Anyway, that is some unbeaten record you have with Arsenal. KUTGW. :thup:

I'm amazed at my run. Its real lucky, but I have to put most of it down to my team:

Lloris and Akinfeev share the goalkeeping duties, for both are as good as eachother

Sagna and Clichy are my prime wing-backs...they're both awesome

Richards,Coloccini and Senderos are my centre-backs. I rotate them periodically, and they're all great. Coloccini is my vice-captain

Fabregas, Lucho Gonzalez and Hargreaves are the centre midfielders (I rotate them periodically)...they get forward and back when the need arises. Fabregas is my captain marvel

My Attacking midfielders on the right and left are Silva and Santi Carzola, both I brought in quite recently (Silva at the start of the season, Carzola in January). They support the main striker by bombing the flanks. In reserve I have Feindouno, Hleb and Rosicky, who are all good.

Attacking mid centre...only one man for the job: Sergio Aguero. Supports the main striker, and bangs in a load of goals. And Aguero is top draw...he's been great every season.

And a main striker. I switch between three quality players: Adebayor (top scorer for last three season), Eduardo and Rossi, with promising young talent Rhys Murphy there aswell. The main striker bangs in the goals and is the pivot man when swift counter-attacks are launched and the wingers need to get forward.

Great team eh?

i personally dont see how it can be all that challenging being a top 4 premier league team from the start

Each to their own an all that, perhaps it isn't the challenge they are after, but they just couldn't manage anyone other than their team. I'm the opposite and couldn't manage the team I support, but that's because i'm crap and wouldn't be able to handle getting sacked by them :D

Each to their own an all that, perhaps it isn't the challenge they are after, but they just couldn't manage anyone other than their team. I'm the opposite and couldn't manage the team I support, but that's because i'm crap and wouldn't be able to handle getting sacked by them :D

this is funny :D there ws one point in my liverpool career i wanted to be the manager of a lower league club but i just couldnt handle leaving liverpool and let a rubbish AI manager ruin the success i had there so i had to start a new game all my manager history was gone

i personally dont see how it can be all that challenging being a top 4 premier league team from the start

I don't really think it's easy to do what the guy's done. 186 unbeaten matches, over 3 seasons of football, it doesn't matter which team you are in whatever league, that's an amazing achievement. Also Arsenal aren't the richest club in the Prem and I've heard it's quite hard to manage their financial affairs.

Well done, RedEdster :)

i wasn't lol, i went from LA Galaxy to reading to man u :p, as the guy above says also. Redsters run is amazing, don't think I could ever get to that many games undefeated.

Right.

Had a good mooch through that and it is one hell of a record mate, very well done with it !!

I decided to post as its the start of the new season. Plymouth are making their Premier League debut, and I want to see how far I can get THEM without a loss :)...I will post again how many games it took...bare with me, in fact probably just refresh the page a couple of times, I wouldnt have thought it will take long....here we go.

Opener against Carlisle, at home.

Archived