Easier to play with 06 or 08?

I think there's been a big change in the AI's ability to cope with tactics since 06. Whilst there are still tactics in 08 that exploit the match engine I think its a lot harder to do than back in the days of 06 (Diablo tactic etc). I guess this is going to progress even further with fm 09 and further installments of the series, which at the end of the day is a good thing as it adds to the realism.

So in answer to your question, yes lol

I think there's been a big change in the AI's ability to cope with tactics since 06. Whilst there are still tactics in 08 that exploit the match engine I think its a lot harder to do than back in the days of 06 (Diablo tactic etc). I guess this is going to progress even further with fm 09 and further installments of the series, which at the end of the day is a good thing as it adds to the realism.

So in answer to your question, yes lol

lol. ten letter rule

I can't get the hang of tactics in FM08 (or all the team talks crap) so FM06 was definitely easier. I won the Champions League with Icelandic side Grindavik in FM06...the very idea of doing that in FM08 is a very very long way off, nevermind the actual achieving of it!

I can't get the hang of tactics in FM08 (or all the team talks crap) so FM06 was definitely easier. I won the Champions League with Icelandic side Grindavik in FM06...the very idea of doing that in FM08 is a very very long way off, nevermind the actual achieving of it!

thats because it will never happen and therefore more realistic lol. I only use 1 team talk before a game "I expect you to win", 1 at half time if they're doing crap "I Expect more from you", 3 after a game "You were rubbish, Good result or sensational".

thats because it will never happen and therefore more realistic lol. I only use 1 team talk before a game "I expect you to win", 1 at half time if they're doing crap "I Expect more from you", 3 after a game "You were rubbish, Good result or sensational".

Realism has to stop at a point though and an attempt to maintain the fun factor has to be made, what's the point of including an Icelandic league if you have no chance of ever performing above the odds?

Archived