longest period by one club

What is your longest period by one club.

mine:

In cm99/00 i was 69 seasons manager of PSV Eindhoven

27 league wins

11 champions league wins

15 national cup winner

At the moment in FM2008:

22 seasons manager of Salernitana (italy) and still going strong

after 2 seasons promoted from serie c to serie B

then after 5 seasons promoted to serie A, the first 12 seasons I was a avarege team, the last 3 seasons I had chances to win the serie A.

The only price i get is a first position in the serie B

What is your longest period at a club?

What is your longest period by one club.

mine:

In cm99/00 i was 69 seasons manager of PSV Eindhoven

27 league wins

11 champions league wins

15 national cup winner

At the moment in FM2008:

22 seasons manager of Salernitana (italy) and still going strong

after 2 seasons promoted from serie c to serie B

then after 5 seasons promoted to serie A, the first 12 seasons I was a avarege team, the last 3 seasons I had chances to win the serie A.

The only price i get is a first position in the serie B

What is your longest period at a club?

my barcelona supersquad games only ended when I got bored of my own neverending run of liga victories, usually after 10-12 seasons, I would have probably gone on forever otherwise. my first main 08 game was forcibly ended by a save file error after 8 seasons, all at Ipswich, and I would probably have been there for at least another couple of seasons, probably a lot longer.

Forgot to post it was Tottenham. And they were my 3rd club in the game and I took charge of them halfway through the 4th season after starting at Swansea then having a brief but very effective spell with Atalanta in Italy before taking over the Yids

In my current save (FM05), the longest I have spent at a club is 11½ seasons at Man City (13th club job).

I also spent 10 seasons at Brentford (17th club job)

However, the 11½ seasons at Man City was actually my 4th stint in the job, so in total, I spent 21½ seasons there between 2007 and 2038.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In cm99/00 i was 69 seasons manager of PSV Eindhoven </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

Jeebus, you're loyalty must be more than 20! The longest in FM08 for me is 12 years with AFC Telford.

im in the 2019/2020 with huddersfield,promotion from league 1 to the championship in my 2nd season,5 seasons in the championship,most of those in the playoffs,and the rest in the premiership,got to the uefa cup and champions league finals,and won the odd cup here and there and now trying to fight for the title

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">then after 5 seasons promoted to serie A, the first 12 seasons I was a avarege team, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the kinda stuff that inspires me, reading about other people having realistic careers, not people saying they were from bottom to top in 5 years, makes me hate the game for not being able to do it myself lol so well done for that great career you had there and to answer the question:

Overall: 10 years at arsenal (fm07)

fm08: 4 years at hearts

I have a habbit of bouncing from club to club as I have to high expectations of clubs when I take over

Currently in my 10th season with bristol rovers.

07/08 League 1 Finish 5th - Lost in Play off Final

08/09 League 1 Finished 1st

09/10 Championship Finish 16th

10/11 Championship Finished 3rd Won Play Offs

11/12 Premiership Finished 12th - Was in relegation almost all season then went on a winning streak in the last few months.

12/13 Finished 3rd. Managed to sign a few decent prem players like Jermaine jenas, Wayne Routledge etc.

13/14 Finished 2nd Arsenal rule the roost and win the leage by 15 points

14/15 Finished 2nd Arsenal sign messi and finish the season over 20 points clear, and dont lose a league game all season.

15/16 Currently 1st 14 points clear of arsenal with 24 league games gone.

My promising youths i signed in my second prem season are becoming great players, and one has become a wonderkid.

I have reached the following cup finals once each, and lost every time, League Cup, FA Cup, Semi Final Of Champions League, and The Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Thats the kinda stuff that inspires me, reading about other people having realistic careers, not people saying they were from bottom to top in 5 years, makes me hate the game for not being able to do it myself lol so well done for that great career you had there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that, I'm a proud manager icon14.gif

My 22 seasons with salernitana (just started with season 23)

The league results:

Season 1:

Finished 4 (serie c) prospect 6

Season 2:

Finished 3 (serie c) prospect 2

Promoted to serie B (playoff)

Season 3:

Finished 12 (serie b) prospect 22

Season 4:

Finished 18 (serie b) prospect 15

Season 5:

finished 3 (serie b) prospect 20

Season 6:

finished 5 (serie b) prospect 9

Season 7:

finished 1 (serie b) prospect 8

promoted to the serie A

season 8:

finished 7 (serie a) prospect 20

Qualify for the Uefa Cup

Season 9:

finished 11 (serie a) prospect 14

season 10:

finished 17 (serie a) prospect 13

season 11:

finished 12 (serie a) prospect 17

season 12:

finished 10 (serie a) prospect 13

season 13:

finished 12 (serie a) prospect 12

season 14:

finished 9 (serie a) prospect 12

season 15:

finished 3 (serie a) prospect 10

qualify for champions league

season 16:

finished 8 (serie a) prospect 5

4th in groupstage CL

season 17:

finished 8 (serie a) prospect 8

season 18:

finished 9 (serie a) prospect 8

Lost the UEFA CUP final

season 19:

finished 2 (serie a) prospect 9

season 20:

finished 2 (serie a) prospect 3

lose in the first knock out round of the CL

Season 21:

finished 3 (serie a) prospect 3

lose in the first knock out round of the CL

Season 22:

finished 3 (serie a) prospect 3

And again I lost in the first knock out round of the CL, reach the semi final of the national cup.

everynight I make a back up of this game, I don't want to lose it.

Bye icon_smile.gif

Had about 20 seasons (save game corrupted now so can't check) with Energie Cottbus in 99/00. Went up from regional divisions with them and had period of winning seven leagues in a row, but never one the European Cup. Was very hard in that game though, hadn't loaded the Spanish or Italian leagues but they always won it because the grey players were incredible!

5th season with Burghausen

1st season finish

1st round elimination from German Cup

2nd in 3rd Division (Promoted)

2nd season finish

1st round elimination from German Cup

14th in 2nd Division - barely avoided elimination. It was all about the last 5 matches of the season

3rd season finish

Quarter finals elimination from German Cup

3rd in 2nd Division - the very last game secured the Promotion

4th season finish

German Cup Winner

6th in 1st division

5th season (currently playing)

German Cup (Quarter Finals Stage)

1st in 1st division - Hannover trailing me by 2 points

2nd round in Euro Cup

Honestly, I was surprised at my quick promotion in my 2nd year of the 2nd Division, and avoiding relegation in the 1st year of the 1st Division.

But what I did is I OVERLOADED my team with talent to the point where I am still till now losing about 1.5 Million a month, I just kept signing good disgruntled players with expired contracts.

However success in the past three seasons is mainly tributed to a player called Arturo Fernandez. He's my Wonderkid, and at 19, he has scored 23 goals in 26 matches. His previous season high was 21 the season before.

I have had great success, but let's see if I can win the Euro Cup.

Archived