Cold hearted?

I had been at Man Utd for 6 and a bit seasons winning: 4 preimer league titles, 3 F.a Cups, 2 league cups and recently back to back champions league. I was getting bored now because the preimer league was becoming to easy and my only opposition was Arsenal and their mad money spending so i decidid to issue an ultimantum (for some transfer cash) just to see how far i could take things. Its worth noting that i had built this man utd squad the only remaing players were ferdinand, simpson, rooney and nani. The new squad had "forged an extremly strong connection" and i was on all the players favourite lists and i was a club favouite personel. i had also referbished half of the staff. Well anyway i got sacked straight away the next day and 2 coaches walked out with me, I wanted to check what my teams morale were like - one would thing they would be angry because of the succes they were having under me and how happy they were but nope, The morale was unchanged still at superb and a day later i no longer existed to them or the fans.

So i was wondering if the thing thats happening with kevig keegan would be added to the next fm were the fans demand you back or atleast make some of the players a tad upset about me leaving, essecially the ferdinands who i continued to play despite his now poor stats or the rooneys that never missed a game, or the youngsters like mazzola who i found when he was 17 and made him the class act he is in my game today

I made a thread on this recently about my Nottm Forest save.

Like you I issued an ultimatum and got sacked, after guiding them from League 1 to two times Champions League winners.

Hopefully in the new FM they will address this. I think a manager should get to a point where he is basically untouchable, like Sir Alex or Arsene. Not being fired after 15 years at a club just for asking for more transfer funds to be made available.

I made a thread on this recently about my Nottm Forest save.

Like you I issued an ultimatum and got sacked, after guiding them from League 1 to two times Champions League winners.

Hopefully in the new FM they will address this. I think a manager should get to a point where he is basically untouchable, like Sir Alex or Arsene. Not being fired after 15 years at a club just for asking for more transfer funds to be made available.

You aren't getting sacked for just asking for more transfer funds. You are getting sacked for issuing an ultimatum. "If you don't give me what I want I will resign!!"

I think there should be a "legendary manager" status for managers who do really well at a club. For example, taking AFC Wimbledon to the Championship, or winning the league with Wigan. Instant sucess shouldn't be enough though- you should also have to be at the club for X years (say 7).

With legendary manager status, you could:

• get away with a relatively poor season.
  • be more likely to have requests granted.
  • be asked to take the job again after a few years.
  • not be added to the disliked personell list when you leave.
  • Appear on favoured personel lists of players.

I managed to be fired for finishing second two years in a row.

10 years as Arsenal manager. 6 top placed finishes, 4 second place finishes. And no contract renewal.

All I can assume is that I was a victim of my own success? I also managed a Champions League win once, so I clearly surpassed Wenger's achievements.

In FM, Wenger would be fired by now. Probably Fergie too.

I think there should be a "legendary manager" status for managers who do really well at a club. For example, taking AFC Wimbledon to the Championship, or winning the league with Wigan. Instant sucess shouldn't be enough though- you should also have to be at the club for X years (say 7).

With legendary manager status, you could:

• get away with a relatively poor season.
  • be more likely to have requests granted.
  • be asked to take the job again after a few years.
  • Appear on favoured personel lists of players.

That's a good suggestion.:thup:

I managed to be fired for finishing second two years in a row.

10 years as Arsenal manager. 6 top placed finishes, 4 second place finishes. And no contract renewal.

All I can assume is that I was a victim of my own success? I also managed a Champions League win once, so I clearly surpassed Wenger's achievements.

In FM, Wenger would be fired by now. Probably Fergie too.

Indeed they would. Two 4th place finishes would probably end Wenger's career at Arsenal. Unless you play Man Utd, Ferguson end up getting the sack after a few season, at most.

I don't think you should be added to the disliked list when you leave anyway, unless you have been completely awful for the club and leave to manage their fiercest rivals or something like that.

In real life how many teams dislike their previous managers? Not very many.

Archived