New 09 Transfer System?

I've read the transfer system has been redone and improved / made more realistic for FM'09.

Do we have any idea what these changes are, or what changes we will see? I'm sure the aim is to make it more realistic, but how will these improvements manifest themselves??

What do we think "more realistic" will be though, or maybe easier to answer is - what parts of FM 07&08 were less than realistic and needed improving??

In 08 there were some very dodgy transfers and transfer fees. Mutu going to Arsenal was always the first bit of business Arsenal does. Okay not that dodgy (albeit a bit) but the sometimes bought him for £32mil. There is no way on gods earth Mutu is worth £32mil. There are a lot more but that one is the most popular on my game.

What do we think "more realistic" will be though, or maybe easier to answer is - what parts of FM 07&08 were less than realistic and needed improving??

1. Transfer fees were way too high for most players.

2. It was too hard to get rid of transfer listed players, no-one wanted them usually.

That's all I can think of.

2. It was too hard to get rid of transfer listed players, no-one wanted them usually.

Also if you offered a player to every club in the world even for a free they would hardly ever accept this deal.

Also if you offered a player to every club in the world even for a free they would hardly ever accept this deal.

I know :( Because of this, the least costly way of getting rid of a player in FM08 was freezing them out of the squad for a while, then offering them a mutual termination (which they usually accept) as soon as they got unhappy.

"SI made it more realistic" is a lame way of describing new features or changes. Reality is a subjective term in most cases.

To be honest if it is totaly new then I would expect it to be very buggy as well until the patches. Personally my main concern with transfer system was the exaggerated challange of selling players even with very low prices, also shortlist was somehow not very efficient to use but I could live with it.

Sometimes though it could be wage related. I remember whenever I started a game with Newcastle, I wanted to get rid of Viduka, Emre and Duff because between them, they were earning something like £180,000 a week. On a rare occasion I did manage to shift Emre and Viduka but in different games and after ridiculous amounts of effort to sell them on for free.

Sellng players was way way too hard since lower level teams would never try to buy ur player like i was licoln had fricklington was amazing in league two then promotion to league one once again did amazing got into championship was too slow but no league one team wanted him

This is the one thing on FM09 I'm most looking forward to.

I hate the transfer system on FM08 (as I did on all previous editions).

I find it impossible to sell players for a fraction of their value, and also find it impossible to give the very same players away for free.

That very idea is simply ludicrous in the real world where offering seasoned pros around all clubs FOR FREE would lead to your hand quite rightly being bitten off by hundreds of clubs.

All I'm hoping and praying for is some more (read: A LOT MORE) activity.

I find it impossible to sell players for a fraction of their value, and also find it impossible to give the very same players away for free.

That very idea is simply ludicrous in the real world where offering seasoned pros around all clubs FOR FREE would lead to your hand quite rightly being bitten off by hundreds of clubs.

Indeed, but not only that. What also bugged me is when a team enquired about one of my players, possibly an important player, and obviously my demands were higher than his evaluation, but often whatever the price I put, even if just a million higher than his value, they almost never make the offer, while on the other hand AI's demands after you put in enquiries are often preposterous, even for players, who are not necessarily important to them.

That is true Bhoy!

It's really gets to me that the AI's valuation of players is far higher than ours.

The AI would sell Maxi Rodriguez for about £60M (or they would ask for that much), yet when it comes to us selling him the AI usually stop between £20M-£25M, and there is no negotiating with the AI.

It's the same for most players, except the ones with a release clause obviously.

Indeed, but not only that. What also bugged me is when a team enquired about one of my players, possibly an important player, and obviously my demands were higher than his evaluation, but often whatever the price I put, even if just a million higher than his value, they almost never make the offer, while on the other hand AI's demands after you put in enquiries are often preposterous, even for players, who are not necessarily important to them.

Welcome to the forum,

and yes even when I asked for £2,000 more (Lower league) they rejected and they were in the championship!

Welcome to the forum,

and yes even when I asked for £2,000 more (Lower league) they rejected and they were in the championship!

Thank you. :)

Yeah, for example I started a Dortmund game today and AZ enquired about Frei, he was valued 4.9m, I asked 5.5m and they rejected it, surely AI teams don't expect us to sell our best players for ridiculous fees. On the other hand I enquired about Mitea from Ajax and Schaars from AZ and both teams demanded some 8m, which is 5 and 6m, respectively, more than their value.

So I hope this is one of the areas that got reworked with the new transfer system along with the selling of dead weight.

My first posts are only about criticism of the game, so let me just say that I love the game and I can't wait for FM09, SI does a great job every year.

I mentioned it in another thread but the new system should help AI teams remain competitive in terms of depth and quality later one.

In the long term games the AI is not competitive enough in acquiring top players to remain a challenge for you. Hopefully the AI now recognises quality and is willing to get what it can within its means - which I believe should be helped since this is done in-line with the re-gen system.

One thing i don't like is if you negotiate an amount and they can't afford it they just say no. If you ask for 10mil then the AI team should say, ok well ill pay you 6mil over 24 months, 20% of next sale and 2mil now.

Another thing, (not sure if this is part of the transfer code) if a team makes an offer and I "negotiate" it, the player acts like I have rejected it and says he should be allowed to move and becomes unhappy!

In 08 there were some very dodgy transfers and transfer fees. Mutu going to Arsenal was always the first bit of business Arsenal does. Okay not that dodgy (albeit a bit) but the sometimes bought him for £32mil. There is no way on gods earth Mutu is worth £32mil. There are a lot more but that one is the most popular on my game.

I hope it has made it more realistic on two fronts.

1 - Prices. As per example 32 mil for mutu is crazy

2 - Manager persona being recognised. Wenger in real life would never ever ever ever ever pay 32 mil for a player!

I hope it has made it more realistic on two fronts.

1 - Prices. As per example 32 mil for mutu is crazy

2 - Manager persona being recognised. Wenger in real life would never ever ever ever ever pay 32 mil for a player!

agreed, wenger should still be looking to pluck talent from france for pennies. Mutu annoyed me in 08, hate that guy.

The personality thing might be a bit hard to implement might it not? Like I am not a hardcore FMer and play 30 years one game kinda guy, maybe 5 at most... Usually means I get a team in Championship into Prem and maybe get close to winning it, or take a top flight team to European glory etc... This means transfers are very exciting for me and like I dont want to sign all the good players easily all the time no nothing, I am just saying it would be much more fun seeing transfers quantities much higher like in real life. Also if your a manager I guess you want to mold your team in the style that you want but its really hard with the system now because its impossible to get rid of players that you dont want and very very hard to bring in players that you want... If you get my drift...

I'm hoping it will be a big improvement! I love it that FM makes you hate players! E.g I HATE Bojan, Frey, Mutu and Pandev for their ridiculous capabilities lol. Even though i don't know them and i had liked them before they became way too good on FM :p

Well Frey is a world class goalkeeper,Mutu is good IRL,Bojan will develop in a good player and Pandev is on fire!Have you seen him and Zarate!!!

As long as they fix the player looking at the teams rep before accepting another offer we'll be ok. The amount of times I've got players fed up at a lack of first team football, whining away that they just want to play, then I accept an offer and the player goes "Spurs = biggest team in world, other team = not so much, reject".

Curse them and their flimsy hamstrings!

VB

Anything is better than seeing Arsenal spend over £230m in the space of 6 weeks on 7 players with out selling a single player. My only problem with the transfer system was teams only offering pittance for my quality players yet expecting ridiculous prices for their players. That was until I saw how much Arsenal spent in one season then I had a new reason to be annoyed at it.

Yeah i fully agree with you. When i transfer listed several of my squad for quick sale, there was no offers for ages. In the end i had to 'offer them to clubs' which i don't like doing as it brings down your loyalty rating and also i feel guilty! lol :(

Archived