Good young palyers retire quickly

I have noticed that there are young good players from countries of the 3rd level-Nicaragua, Congo, Kyrghistan, that are retiring from a young age- 19, 20 or 21.I scouted them the scouter says they are definite purchases or good signings but when i try to sign them i can;t because they are retiring...this bothers me because they are mainly free transfers.

Please resolve this in fm09...

It is maybe because people from poorer nations are forces to stop and work on the land for a living.

Okay, so you give up your dream of becoming a pro footballer.

A week later, Stoke call you up and offer you £5000 a week to play football in the UK.

"Sorry boss, already decided i'll be a farmer from now on. Made my mind up, I can't rely on football to support m... Five grand a week? Where do i sign?"

There's no way a player would carry on with his retirement plans when a professional club came calling.

The only argument I can ever see is if a player is already at a first world country, has very high physical attributes and nothing technical or mental, and decides to retire. He may then still rebuke smaller teams and smaller offers, as he might have decided to go into rugby, athletics, etc. Even then though, a big enough offer should turn his head.

I have never thought this much of an issue unless you are using FM Genie Scout (not getting at people, just stating my opinion) because it will show you all the players in the world with really high potential and then you can see that unattached from new caledonia has 190PA but 34CA. Normally you wouldn't be able to find out if they have high potential unless you send your scouts out to random countries, but even then they are usually unattached and so will not be found in a scout search of a country (unless i am mistaken).

• 7 months later...

Instead of starting a new thread:

Players at all ages retire too easily in FM09 (third patch). I´ve seen players aged 20-30 retire after a month of unemployment, despite good PA/CA/CR, despite they are well known, capped and still good. No injuries, they just quit for no apparent reason.

Insane. Just plain insane.

i think it should vary because quite simply if there is a 18 year old player playing for, say, Fulham reserves then they release him might he not just think stuff being a footballer ill go to university instead?

i think it should vary because quite simply if there is a 18 year old player playing for, say, Fulham reserves then they release him might he not just think stuff being a footballer ill go to university instead?

At the same time, my old argument still applies.

"Sorry boss, it's clear football isn't for me after all. I've signed up to study economics at oxford. I'll be making £100k a year within 5 years down in the city...

Wait, thirty grand a week? Your calling from Arsenal? Sign me up!"

If the annual contract you are being offered is greater than a hundred grand a year, barring very good physical attributes (a 20/20 pace/acceleration or the like) then its very unlikely you'll make more money out of football rather than in it... And given the choice between football and an honest job, who'll chose the 9-5?

Archived