Glenn Hoddle Academy

• 11 months later...

I knew the GHA was in the game and that they approach you for a friendly. However, what is the deal with their greyed out players being Spanish??? Is anyone else getting this too?

Edit: Just realised this thread is a year old, thought I'd use the search instead of starting a new thread. :o:

2nd edit: I see why, they are based in Spain, and it's not a huge issue but just weird.

@ Berty - They are based in Spain IRL,so they are based in Spain on FM.

Aye, I didn't know they are based in Spain IRL, that wasn't the issue though. IRL I wouldn't have thought they would have Spanish players, like I said not a big issue but just strange, don't you think? :)

From what I can see, they will approach you to play a friendly against your reserves. You then have the option to buy or loan any players you wish to pursue. Loaning them is almost like taking a player on trial except they actually get to play in competetive matches.

None of the players are good enough for the EPL, would be useful for maybe League One and Two though. Hopefully one or two good players will come through it though, like that kiddy that's now at Sevilla!

Aye, I didn't know they are based in Spain IRL, that wasn't the issue though. IRL I wouldn't have thought they would have Spanish players, like I said not a big issue but just strange, don't you think? :)

I think that's because Hoddle is English,and he mainly focuses on players who have been released by English clubs.

From what I can see, they will approach you to play a friendly against your reserves. You then have the option to buy or loan any players you wish to pursue. Loaning them is almost like taking a player on trial except they actually get to play in competetive matches.

None of the players are good enough for the EPL, would be useful for maybe League One and Two though. Hopefully one or two good players will come through it though, like that kiddy that's now at Sevilla!

Playing as Oxford United in Conference I got a friendley against the GHA but when I tried to buy a player who played well against us they wanted £200,000. As my budget was £0 I offered to loan him but they said they didn't feel it was a good idea to loan him out!

I just did a quick play-a-round DB for them for 09

Semi-Professional club

Top Training facilities, good youth facilities but no academy

as an academy with an academy is just silly.

I decided to put them in the BSS, so I have more chance of getting english players to join

I used the GHA site & FM2010 to find the players & staff

I added the players not already in the game

All players are on part-time contracts

Added logos to game and I have the facepack but it's shoddy and I'm too lazy to tidy them up.

All up it would've taken about 2hrs to set up... so hopefully I'll play for more than that :D

I'll let you know how I get on

All the players are £150,000 or £200,000. There I was thinking that I would snap up a few!!!! Bury only start with £15,000 to spend!!

Thought these guys wanted back into professional football?? Looks like they are pricing themselves out!!!

(There should be an option to tap these players up! I could interact with them, tell them to leave the Academy, then sign for me the day after!!)

Archived