"Attempts overhead kicks" (Don't they all?)

What is it with players on FM?

There is a PPM for this but every time the ball comes into the box a player attempts an overhead kick, regardless of player ability or if they have this PPM or not.

I regularly have my CB's trying overhead kicks from corners!

Nobody ever seems to score them either, which renders their efforts pretty much pointless.

In fact, I have had one player score an overhead kick, but I'd holidayed the the last game of the season as we'd already won the league. I missed it and it won goal of the season! :(

Anyone else find this happening a lot?

Or am I just insane?

Answers on a postcard to:

Wee Aja

c/o "The Forums"

Internet Land

SI towers

PO Box 1234

I think they are more likely to try it than others rather than trying to control it

Im off to watch Match Of The Day G'nite

I'm assuming you're talking about CB's here Peter?

Whilst I mentioned CB's on my OP, I was talking about all players in general trying overhead kicks.

Every single match I see "(Player A) has his back to goal, he tries the audacious!" several times.

I just think it happens far too often without success.

PS - me too, but I'm "multi-tasking"... ;)

Sounds very familiar and it's really annoying. Players seem to do it randomly, and with rather high frequency. The atempts almost always result in audacious misses, ie both height and direction are completely wrong and the ball ends up somewhere in a dark corner of the stadium. I've had a few go in though, and it'll say something like "ooooh, pure inspiration from xxx", and you'll be smiling for a second and then just think it's silly because it looks just like a header. It's something you'd view a replay of in the 3d engine in FM09, but the atempts definately need to be less frequent.

Archived