How do you remember prospects?

I am into my 9th season and I have just realised that as I have been playing though the years I have lost a number of young prospects that later turned into stars.

Firstly what reports do you use to identify future stars?

I just take a gut feeling after seeing their stats

Secondly, what do you do to remind yourself that they are ones for the future and not to let them go?

I have just started adding * after their name using the nickname feature

Let me know what you do

Cheers

EB

If my scouts/coaches think that they have outstanding potential then I move them to my first team squad and involve them in a few games but make them available for the reserves. I tend to forget about the players in my reserves, they are usually the players I have already decided I don't want.

I buy nearly every new regen and just sort the wheat from the chaff.

Secondly, what do you do to remind yourself that they are ones for the future and not to let them go?

I never let anyone go. Even the useless guys get sold. But if you can't remember all the good guys or haven't the time to work it out, here is the thing.

The VB tip for success :

Sell the players. Never release them.

When selling them, sell them for a tiny tiny amount but with 50% next fee and a buy back.

The tiny amount means the buying club will be willing to swallow the 50%

The buy back means that if the player does become some world star you can grab them for a pittance.

The next fee means if you don't fancy buying them back, don't need them or if they haven't become a star then you can get a sizable chunk which offsets you eating a lesser fee at the start.

Either way, we all know players develop better with first team football so you'll find out sooner if they are awesome. Not having a player rotting in your reserves is also better for your teams morale because you haven't got someone moaning about their lack of first-team football. Finally your results will be better because you aren't "carrying" a player just to give them experience.

Everyone, except the team who initially brought them, is a winner.

Happy to help. :D

VB

If you make a second shortlist and untick them in 'active shortlists' then you can add players to it who you can track in their career, but you won't get questions asked about your interest in them in the press, and you won't be listed as a club interested in them on their profile. I do that for ex-players, especially youths, but then generally you'll remember your first time players anyhow.

I buy nearly every new regen and just sort the wheat from the chaff.

I never let anyone go. Even the useless guys get sold. But if you can't remember all the good guys or haven't the time to work it out, here is the thing.

The VB tip for success :

When selling them, sell them for a tiny tiny amount but with 50% next fee and a buy back.

The buy back means that if the player does become some world star you can grab them for a pittance.

The next fee means if you don't fancy buying them back, don't need them or if they haven't become a star then you can get a sizable chunk which offsets you eating a lesser fee at the start.

Either way, we all know players develop better with first team football so you'll find out sooner if they are awesome. Not having a player rotting in your reserves is also better for your teams morale because you haven't got someone moaning about their lack of first-team football. Finally your results will be better because you aren't "carrying" a player just to give them experience.

VB

I'm terrible for releasing players, VB.

I'd probably give you a heart attack if you seen my way of business:

Each year when the "New Crop" come into the academy I release all of them, instantly (as they're always rubbish) barring a very few exceptions.

Any player I'm having trouble selling gets moved to the reserves until their contract is up and they are released.

Stuff like that.

I might have a go at your tips there ^^^

As for the OP, I create notes for players I wish to keep an eye on, and set an annual reminder for them which is set for the end/beginning of each season.

I am into my 9th season and I have just realised that as I have been playing though the years I have lost a number of young prospects that later turned into stars.

I just take a gut feeling after seeing their stats

I have just started adding * after their name using the nickname feature

Let me know what you do

Cheers

EB

do you mean ones you sign i just keep them if my best scout rates them higly plus my coach who is best at rating the player ablity and future ablity.

The VB tip for success :

VB

I'm following these tips and my finances are better than ever at Rizhiquan.:D

Archived