fm09 and newcastle

I would of though Kinnear would be manager but on a short term contract and then get released after a while or if Newcastle get taken over (which they should) SI have probably programmed the game so the consortium appoint a new manager like it sometimes happens in the game anyway.

Joe Kinnear is turning things around at Newcastle , i have supported Newcastle all my life , and Kinnear , although still early , is up their in the top 5 managers i have seen at the club .

Does that not show how poor you've been over the last 7 years at least? Do you go down St James' often

When was the last time you saw Newcastle come back from 2 goals down , away from home , unlucky not to win the game ?

The game agaisnt Everton 2 weeks ago , was the most fight i have seen any Newcastle team give in X amount of games. So Kinnear is obv doing something right.

Regardless of wether he swore or not , i am not refering to that incident , but the siege mentality he has brought , he has brung out a fight and spirit in the club , which is saying it is us agaisnt the world.

I had real sympathy for the lad, he is right, people of tore him apart before he has even had a chance to prove what he could do, and the spirit that was shown against Everton was incredible and maybe he may do the team good to have a man that demands respect like Kinnear does!

Regardless of wether he swore or not , i am not refering to that incident , but the siege mentality he has brought , he has brung out a fight and spirit in the club , which is saying it is us agaisnt the world.

Completely agree, but onto the media thing. He hasn't handled himself in the media well at all. It was disgraceful the way he went on in that interview and that is the only interview I've heard he's done since becoming Toon manager.

I think it's a little early to be singing Kinnear's praises. Scoring 2 goals past Everton isn't a great achievement ... Everton haven't conceded less than 2 goals in a premiership game since ... wait for it ... yup you guessed it, when Newcastle played them at Goodison on the last day of last season!

Kinnear is an old school manager with old school methods, he's doing a good job 'stabilising the ship' and instilling a bit of confidence in the players which is great short term ... but long term he's not the answer. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure who is because whoever gets appointed - unless he's Kevin Keegan, Alan Shearer or someone born within a stones throw of the ground - won't get any time from our supposed knowledgeable crowd.. Ashley was on to a good thing until he appointed his ridiculous 'continental' management structure and I worry what kind of people will end up running us. Is it a case of 'better the devil you know'?

P.S. Consett is well over 20 mins from St James Park, you're nearer the mackems and the smoggies!

I didnt say a 20 minute walk , 20 minutes away , i was refering to by car .

Aye I know that, you must drive pretty fast! It takes me 15-20mins and I go from the coast by car, 8 miles away. I'm sure Consett is a good 15 miles away, and you have to get over the river!

Anyway it doesn't matter, we're all black and white through and through and that's what matters! 'Mon the Toon!

If the cockney mafia leave before release, say tomorrow, will you have to get a patch soon after release, or will it be updated?

If it happens tomorrow, it will probably be included. If it happens before the game goes 'gold' then I think it will be changed. After it goes gold, you will need a patch (or use the editor).

Carlsberg dont do football fans , but if they did , they would be nothing compared to Newcastel fans :)

These same fans are probably one of the main reasons no-one has come in with a bid.

Any other club, with slightly more sensible fans that could realistically be won over, would have been snapped up. Especially when you take into consideration the fact that they have a top stadium.

On the contrary, if it's all resolved before the game is released which there is a slight chance (hope?) of it happening then it wouldn't take 2 minutes to change would it? Bearing in mind the game hadn't reached the disc yet.

'Mon the Toon! :D

These same fans are probably one of the main reasons no-one has come in with a bid.

Any other club, with slightly more sensible fans that could realistically be won over, would have been snapped up. Especially when you take into consideration the fact that they have a top stadium.

Even Charlton and Everton are more likely to be taken over.

Joe Kinnear is turning things around at Newcastle , i have supported Newcastle all my life , and Kinnear , although still early , is up their in the top 5 managers i have seen at the club .

The top 5 this season or overall? :p

Seriously, I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but I always wandered who Newcastle thought they were. Sacking managers all the time, what do they expect. It takes time to build a team and you cant build a team when bringing in new managers with different ideas all the time!

I really hope Newcastle get the manager they deserve and turn things around. :thup::)

Another problem with Newcastle is their squad. They've acquired so many different players through different managers that the next-in-line inherits a squad full of players chosen by a series of different managers with different ideas. Saying that though, Keegan was doing well towards the end of last season and started brightly this season so maybe he was beginning to get his 'biker groove' on.

rofl..All ive got to say...sheer brilliance...Ooo how im going to enjoy next Saturday

Archived